Old pros, Brady & McNabb play a half...

Billistic

Jauron coaches scared. Scared his starters will look like sh--, scared they will get hurt...etc etc etc

Or the coaches wanted to see other players so they could see what they had. I am not sure how playing a lot in preseason tells us anything about what will happen during the regular season. Brady missed a whole year he needs the time. We were just reminded about how smart Andy Reid is by his signing of MV. So we know why McNabb played as long as he did.

... No, because the Bills have 5 preseason games to everyone else's 4.

We all know we had 1 more Preseason game, but what do you want to bet that the starters don't even play into the 2nd quarter Saturday?

See, the issue should not be how many preseason games a team has, the issue should be how much playing time each individual team needs to get ready for the season. I would be willing to bet that the Bills, with a ton of new players in key positions on offense and a totally new offensive philosophy (no-huddle) would probably need a little bit longer to get up to speed and be ready for the season starts. For some reason I think that 1 Series here and there won't get it done (especially when those drives end in turnovers!!!!!).

Now, I am not saying you have to play the starters the whole game, but would playing a quarter and a half or the entire first half be asking too much of a team that has several new players and a new philosophy (oh.....by the way.....it is a team THAT HAS NOT BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS IN ALMOST A DECADE!!!!!)???

I just think that this team needs to take advantage of these games and get things ready to go for NE. There is no room for a slow start against that team.

So, forget how much these other teams play their starters (oh......and remember they all are better than we are), and just make sure we get our guys ready. I think it is safe to say we need a lot more work than NE or Pitt does.

Just a thought.

Why don't you get a social life instead of just making another pointless thread about how the Bills suck?

This thread is about providing inexperienced players with precious game time experience. Learn how to read.

Guest dog14787
We all know we had 1 more Preseason game, but what do you want to bet that the starters don't even play into the 2nd quarter Saturday?

See, the issue should not be how many preseason games a team has, the issue should be how much playing time each individual team needs to get ready for the season. I would be willing to bet that the Bills, with a ton of new players in key positions on offense and a totally new offensive philosophy (no-huddle) would probably need a little bit longer to get up to speed and be ready for the season starts. For some reason I think that 1 Series here and there won't get it done (especially when those drives end in turnovers!!!!!).

Now, I am not saying you have to play the starters the whole game, but would playing a quarter and a half or the entire first half be asking too much of a team that has several new players and a new philosophy (oh.....by the way.....it is a team THAT HAS NOT BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS IN ALMOST A DECADE!!!!!)???

I just think that this team needs to take advantage of these games and get things ready to go for NE. There is no room for a slow start against that team.

So, forget how much these other teams play their starters (oh......and remember they all are better than we are), and just make sure we get our guys ready. I think it is safe to say we need a lot more work than NE or Pitt does.

Just a thought.

I would normally agree with you, but our revamped O-line is of the greatest concern right now and we can't afford to have our starting QB injured. If the protection was better in game one of preseason (which it wasn't that bad) TE would have probably played a couple of more series's.

Smart coaching if you ask me.

Just a thought.

The lineman, yes, to a greater degree, need more workload. At least the young ones. As for the skill positions, we know what our vets can do. Makes NO sense to play them more than the quarter or so they'll see Saturday and up to the 3 quarters they will see in PS game #4. The no huddle is a tactic, not a scheme, and is being practiced everyday anyway. Again, no need for the vets to be exposed.

The pre-season is all about evaluating players you are not sure of and not getting injured. Period.

To allay your fears about preparing for NE, they are deep into those preparations already. They aren't going to show much in terms of O scheme or D scheme anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

I would normally agree with you, but our revamped O-line is of the greatest concern right now and we can't afford to have our starting QB injured. If the protection was better in game one of preseason (which it wasn't that bad) TE would have probably played a couple of more series's.

Smart coaching if you ask me.

You can look at this way.....

But you can also look at it as if the O-Line is going to be young and inexperienced, Trent better get a feel for the amount of time he has to throw the ball behind the line. He better get a feel of how the pocket, or lack there of, is going to affect his ability to get the ball down the field.

It all works together. Unfortunately, the O-Line doe have a lot of work ahead of them, but chances are, it is going to be tough for them to get too much better before the season starts. Will they be better in the next few weeks? I HOPE SO. THEY SHOULD BE. But the fact is, the offense has to work and grow together as a unit.

I am not saying you have to play the offense the entire game, or even the entire first half! I just think that 1 series isn't going to get it done. They need the opportunity to go out there, make mistakes, and then go back out and fix them. They just need more time together than other teams. Like I said, if this team was a consistent winner,has been to the Playoffs the last few years, etc., then it may not be a big deal. But the fact is we haven't made it to the Playoffs in almost a decade. Regardless of what happens, I think it may be time to do something different that what we have been doing. Injuries are always going to be a concern, but sometimes you have to take the chance to make sure you are ready.

I just hope the starters see a little more time together on Saturday. Too bad TO won't be a part of it, but the offense needs to get their timing down, especially with all the new player and the new no-huddle approach.

The lineman, yes, to a greater degree, need more workload. At least the young ones. As for the skill positions, we know what our vets can do. Makes NO sense to play them more than the quarter or so they'll see Saturday and up to the 3 quarters they will see in PS game #4. The no huddle is a tactic, not a scheme, and is being practiced everyday anyway. Again, no need for the vets to be exposed.

The pre-season is all about evaluating players you are not sure of and not getting injured. Period.

To allay your fears about preparing for NE, they are deep into those preparations already. They aren't going to show much in terms of O scheme or D scheme anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

I understand this. But the fact is you can practice the no-huddle all you want in practice. Game-speed is different. Now, i know Preseason is not a true test because there are no gameplans or schemes, but with all of the young guys we have in important positions, they need the reps. And since the offense has to play as a unit in order to move the ball, it is important to get the timing down in game-like situations when they have the opportunities.

Again, they don't need to play an entire half or 3 quarters, but they also need more than 1 series. That's all.

I understand this. But the fact is you can practice the no-huddle all you want in practice. Game-speed is different. Now, i know Preseason is not a true test because there are no gameplans or schemes, but with all of the young guys we have in important positions, they need the reps. And since the offense has to play as a unit in order to move the ball, it is important to get the timing down in game-like situations when they have the opportunities.

Again, they don't need to play an entire half or 3 quarters, but they also need more than 1 series. That's all.

And they will all get more than that one series as the course of the pre-season plays out. Vets included. The rooks, a lot more.

With regard to the no huddle, pace is something WE decide in that regard. Game speed on the other hand, is something, again, that our young players need to grasp. Our vets know all about NFL game speed. They'll be ready.

GO BILLS!!!

As for the skill positions, we know what our vets can do.

Purportedly, Edwards will be reading the defense at the line and frequently (as appropriate) changing plays according to his read of the OTHER TEAM'S defense. Practicing against Fewell's familiar crew is not nearly the same.

Neither Owens nor Rhodes has ever played together with Edwards under these kinds of real game-like conditions. The O-line goes without saying. Trent needs to see foreign defenses, not the same old, same old.

If Schonert doesn't trust Edwards to be on the field behind his newly assembled line, that really speaks.