Vick To Eagles

/dev/null

A show called "The Venture Brothers"...some of the best comedy writing on TV is done on that show.

I have, fairly recently, become a fan of the Venture Brothers. Gotta love Dr. Girlfriend.

Vick makes sense for the Eagles. He is ZERO threat to McNabb. I think there is no chance he is a QB with them, even if Donovan goes down.

But the Eagles took a risk on an athlete. Perhaps they give him a look in the Wildcat. If Westbrook and/or DeSean Jackson go down, he provides another option for the offense. At worst, he is an interesting situational player with skill. He is a guy that can help a team like that, far more than he could have helped a team like the Bills.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ba-Zing!

Hey though...come on...Peters is...doing...he's doing gooooooooood.

(more nerd points to anyone who gets that reference)

Family Guy, but that's actually probably a reference to something else..

Yeah McNabb not going to be happy

I can't. The gif won't stop! If they fire Reid, that's their loss, not his. Typical dumb business model that sports franchises run under

Now that last point is something we can agree on.

Although personally I can't stand Andy Reid's smugness. Unlike Belicheat, he has not earned it through winning championships, but insists on it even though he has a tendency toward in-game brain farts (bad play calling, horrific time management) that can assume Jauronian proportions.

Your welcome. :thumbsup:

Now, back to Reid. You're wrong. Dead wrong.

On what? Did I say I wanted him gone? No, I did not... I had this exact conversation with Adam in another (no wait, it is this) thread... the vibe in Philly is that Reid is on very thin ice. Should he be? That is another question entirely.

I realize that many Bills fans, in their frustration over Peters and other things, got to fellating the Eagles for their brilliant signing, but from here in Philly I can tell you that there is a lot of criticism of Reid and the Eagles FO, and a growing nervousness about their future with aging players. Is it completely sensible? Probably not. Just as most of the chicken littling here on TSW is nonsensical. But outside of the smug confines of New England and probably Pittsburgh, you will not find many fans completely happy with their teams or their coaches. That is what fans do.

I realize that many Bills fans, in their frustration over Peters and other things, got to fellating the Eagles for their brilliant signing, but from here in Philly I can tell you that there is a lot of criticism of Reid and the Eagles FO, and a growing nervousness about their future with aging players. Is it completely sensible? Probably not. Just as most of the chicken littling here on TSW is nonsensical. But outside of the smug confines of New England and probably Pittsburgh, you will not find many fans completely happy with their teams or their coaches. That is what fans do.

People in Cleveland have a growing frustration regarding the Browns. This may be the year the sellout streak ends. Cleveland needs to get off to a quick start, which probably won't happen.

There is a plan, however. The Browns will be better, although you may not see it at first.

In places like Chicago and Green Bay, there seems to be quite a bit of criticism of the management. There are a lot of Packers fans who still haven't forgiven Ted Thompson for not kowtowing to Favre's every whim. Many Bears fans are not convinced that Jay Cutler is the missing piece. Cutler might have been, if this were 2005. Both of those teams have quite a bit of work to do, although I do think the Packers are better.

This is great news. Bills don't need a sociopath felon on their team, or idiot fans who are willing to worship a sociopath felon.

Ron Mexico, herpes carrier, we hardly knew ye! And thank effing God!

Boy, that Andy Reid is a genius.... I mean, he drafts Kevin Kolb two years ago, messing up his relationship with McNabb, and now he signs Mike Vick, to mess up his relationship with both his existing QBs.

Smart movie, tubby. Really.

And if you people think Dick Jauron is boring and awful in press conferences, you have seen nothing until you see Andy Reid in action.

Andy Reid vs. Adam Richman...that would improve Eagles' press conferences greatly.

I may be wrong,but I feel the Bills dropped the ball on this one. If Vick is a bust, almost everyone on this post will be correct. I think we should have signed him. This is why we will continue to lose, the Eagles are the most talented team in football and now they add Vick.

get a grip .. the most talented team?

Hey! Curt.......a little AF humor for ya: "Why not Minot? Freezin's the reason!" :thumbsup: (I know.....it's an old one).

Ha Ha! Real funny! I like Minot because of the calm winters. Just kidding, It is cold here but I'm born and raised in Buffalo, so I'm used to a little cold and snow.

Yes, the Eagles are the early favorite to win the Super Bowl. This was before they got Vick. When Trent gets hurt,we'll be wishing we had a solid back up.

There's still Griese and Frerotte who are both FA's who we could bring in without having to worry about a QB controversy and they could still both be better than Fitzpatrick. Either one would work out fine, IMO.

Meaningless online, self-selected sample.

Worthless as an indicator, actually.

Oh I don't know. I think it's a pretty good snapshot. Between the Eagles game tonight and the Vick news there must be huge traffic on that site.

How would a poll like that look if the Bills signed Vick? I bet more positive.

PTR

Oh I don't know. I think it's a pretty good snapshot. Between the Eagles game tonight and the Vick news there must be huge traffic on that site.

How would a poll like that look if the Bills signed Vick? I bet more positive.

PTR

These things are not really "polls" and are representative only of the people who went to that site and took that poll. Nothing else. Trust me.

Now, it's possible it reflects the real feelings of Eagle fans, but many things are possible. You could make a dart board with opinions and throw a thousand darts and the results MIGHT reflect reality. But that's no way to judge opinion.

Internet polls, that let anyone and everyone vote, are worthless as a real indicator.