Vick To Eagles

/dev/null

You know what the most disgusting character trait is?

It's dishonesty...you look pretty foolish as well as like a !@#$ing liar accusing me of saying something I clearly never said.

dishonesty is sickening....must be rough having parents who never taught you right from wrong

So does OJ belong on the Wall?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So does OJ belong on the Wall?

Personally, I'm not a fan of him being up there...despite all the greatness he achieved on the field, the thing that will always stand out is the double murder...but I can understand the Bills' reasoning for not taking him down. Right or wrong, the NFL doesn't take character into account when it comes to the Hall and I can understand the Bills following suit. I remember there being a lot of controversy about Lawrence Taylor and his rampant drug use when he became eligible for the Hall, too.

Thing I'm worried about now is this...what if Vick has a great 2nd career and he gets elected to the HOF? People aren't going to forget his crimes and HOF weekend would end up being ugly....so besides the fact he doesn't deserve success, IMO...I hope he falls flat on his face so that he never even gets a sniff of being immortalized in that Hallowed Hall. Sometimes I wish that the Pro Football Hall of Fame would take character into account just a little

Personally, I'm not a fan of him being up there...despite all the greatness he achieved on the field, the thing that will always stand out is the double murder...but I can understand the Bills' reasoning for not taking him down. Right or wrong, the NFL doesn't take character into account when it comes to the Hall and I can understand the Bills following suit. I remember there being a lot of controversy about Lawrence Taylor and his rampant drug use when he became eligible for the Hall, too.

Thing I'm worried about now is this...what if Vick has a great 2nd career and he gets elected to the HOF? People aren't going to forget his crimes and HOF weekend would end up being ugly....so besides the fact he doesn't deserve success, IMO...I hope he falls flat on his face so that he never even gets a sniff of being immortalized in that Hallowed Hall. Sometimes I wish that the Pro Football Hall of Fame would take character into account just a little

Vick will never come close to the HOF. His stats are too poor to start with. He would have to go on some sort of incredible passing tear to even get within consideration. Thank you for you honest response.

Philster and John Adams, for God's sake, you're on the same side, here. Both of you just wrote some of the most compelling posts. Don't let OJ ruin what is turning out to be quite an educational thread for people unfamiliar with what Vick was party to.

And let me just add this. Michael Vick isn't alone. The dogfighting world, no doubt in my mind whatsoever, has dozens and dozens of other NFL personell just as involved as Vick was, and they are probably STILL doing it. I won't forgive that sick bastard until he does something to shine the spotlight on THEM and helps end this wholly inhuman practice, once and for all.

Hell, I'm glad he's back. Too many people forgot about what he did already.

You know what the most disgusting character trait is?

It's dishonesty...you look pretty foolish as well as like a !@#$ing liar accusing me of saying something I clearly never said.

dishonesty is sickening....must be rough having parents who never taught you right from wrong

Many--not all--Bills fans think OJ should remain on the Wall. That's VERY similar to this situation. Both involve character. Both involve honoring players. Of course I understand the difference but it's not apples and oranges. It's more like granny smith vs. golden delicious.

I assumed your defense of OJ on the Wall meant you wanted him there like so many fans--I apologize for that. Assume my attacks on the Wall hypocrites were directed at the many who think he should be there.

I assumed your defense of OJ on the Wall meant you wanted him there like so many fans--I apologize for that. Assume my attacks on the Wall hypocrites were directed at the many who think he should be there.
it wasn't a defense of it...it was merely an explanation of the Bills' stance in leaving it up there...they have been asked about why it's up there still in the past and that was their reasoning.