Bj Raji Signs with Packers...

Maybin can sign whenever he wishes. If anyone is blaming his agent, STOP. Did the 12th pick overall have to wait for the 11th overall pick to sign?? Of course not, just like the 11th overall pick doesn't have to wait for the 10th overall pick to sign. If he really wanted to be with the team in camp, he would have been here by now...

Maybin can sign whenever he wishes. If anyone is blaming his agent, STOP. Did the 12th pick overall have to wait for the 11th overall pick to sign?? Of course not, just like the 11th overall pick doesn't have to wait for the 10th overall pick to sign. If he really wanted to be with the team in camp, he would have been here by now...

Yep. And really has no reason to be holding out given that he only started 12 college games. The kid needs all the prep he can get if he is going to contribute anything this year.

This should help the Maybin negotiations along even more. With Moreno at #12 signed, they have a figure to go higher than. With Raji at #9 signed, they have a defensive lineman drafted in close proximity to base a deal off of. At this point, you really don't need Crabtree to sign. You're not going to base a DE/LB's deal off of one that a player at a skill position gets. Raji's deal getting done is most likely more crucial to Maybin signing.

I want Maybin in camp too but the Bills are as much to blame as he is... it is a two-way street ...

Yes, no doubt the players get pressure form the union to get every last cent ... the vets talk about how unfair it is but deep down every veteran in a contract year LOVES when the rookies get big money because it drives their price up in free agency.

They stick together ... and why? because the owners are the same way. The Bills are in WIN NOW mode. They spent how much money on T.O ... their pass rush SUCKS ... when you think about it, the BILLS should be going to Maybin and saying "Here is what you should get based on the guy below you and your slot last year ... were are offering XX% more because we believe in you and we need you and we want to win. If you do not take it, we are going to the media and telling them you are turning down an above-market value offer."

What's another two or three million spread over 5 years? It's not much given their need to win NOW. But what are they doing? They are waiting because they do not want to screw the TEAMS with unsigned guys in front of them. They are not even pushing because they do not want to set the market.

It is true, Maybin could just say screw it, I want to be in camp, do it at last year's No. 11 slot ... but come on ... you can say he hasn't done anything to be owed a big contract, but the Bills have done nothing to deserve what amounts to a hometown discount either. When it comes out the Bills have made a REAL effort to get him in, i will rip the kid. So far, it seems they are OK with it the way it is.

I want Maybin in camp too but the Bills are as much to blame as he is... it is a two-way street ...

Yes, no doubt the players get pressure form the union to get every last cent ... the vets talk about how unfair it is but deep down every veteran in a contract year LOVES when the rookies get big money because it drives their price up in free agency.

They stick together ... and why? because the owners are the same way. The Bills are in WIN NOW mode. They spent how much money on T.O ... their pass rush SUCKS ... when you think about it, the BILLS should be going to Maybin and saying "Here is what you should get based on the guy below you and your slot last year ... were are offering XX% more because we believe in you and we need you and we want to win. If you do not take it, we are going to the media and telling them you are turning down an above-market value offer." What's another two or three million spread over 5 years? It's not much given their need to win NOW. But what are they doing? They are waiting because they do not want to screw the TEAMS with unsigned guys in front of them. They are not even pushing because they do not want to set the market.

It is true, Maybin could just say screw it, I want to be in camp, do it at last year's No. 11 slot ... but come on ... you can say he hasn't done anything to be owed a big contract, but the Bills have done nothing to deserve what amounts to a hometown discount either. When it comes out the Bills have made a REAL effort to get him in, i will rip the kid. So far, it seems they are OK with it the way it is.

Paragraphs. They make posts so much easier to read.

Why should we even sign Maybin? We could just let him rot and save the cash. Or trade him for a 2nd or third rd pick in 2010

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Are you kiddinig me? I editied it, but perhaps next time you woudl prefer that I record it and provide an mp3 link so you don't have to use your brain at all?

Oh I read it the first time. I'm just saying it was all smashed together. Lots of ... 's in it as well. It just read as one big run-on sentence

The #9 pick has signed a five-year, $28.5 million deal with $18M guaranteed

The #12 pick has signed a five-year, $23 million deal with $13M guaranteed

Kind of sets the bar on both ends now. I wish they'd let us know what offer is out on the table for Maybin. Is there even an offer?

The #9 pick has signed a five-year, $28.5 million deal with $18M guaranteed

The #12 pick has signed a five-year, $23 million deal with $13M guaranteed

Kind of sets the bar on both ends now. I wish they'd let us know what offer is out on the table for Maybin. Is there even an offer?

If there isn't an offer, there has to be one soon, I suspect. As you note, the parameters are pretty well set. How hard is it to slot a contract between those two known points?

If there isn't an offer, there has to be one soon, I suspect. As you note, the parameters are pretty well set. How hard is it to slot a contract between those two known points?

how about taking a page form the Sabres book w/ 5 for 5. With about 15 guaranteed.