The Michael Vick Thread

Simon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are the commentators on TV saying that this is "shocking"? It makes perfect sense to me. Vick is not the starting QB, McNabb is. If Vick works his way back into starting form, then he can provide an option to McNabb when his contract expires.

ESPN is talking up Vick right now and how he would be a good fit with the Steelers

Yeah, he'd be a better QB there than that bum they have now, Ben whatever his name is :huh:

ESPN is trying to pimp Vick to anyone who'll take him

I saw a bleacher report headline about Vick and the Eagles, but the article has been deleted. Was it a false report?

Mortenson mentioned the Cowboys too.

From my understanding when a huge thread is repeatedly refreshed in rapid succession by multiple posters, it tends to wear on the server. Anticipating an upcoming pattern such as this I closed the ginormous thread and opened a new one for the incoming updated information in hopes it would go easier on said server.

I have always heard that more threads were harder on the server. I thought that was one of the reasons many forums enforce the "use the existing thread" rule.

I could be mistaken, though,

now can i say i told you so about Vick and the Bills? now, can i say that what i reported was correct?

now, in the face of the mountain of so-called evidence of speculation that didn't prove to be worth a hill of beans, can i get just a hint of love? dismissed after Eisen, questioned about what "at this time" meant, even questioned about what influence Tony Dungy might have had on Mr. Wilson to the point where i nearly began to doubt what in fact i had and was told. and yet, the proof is right there: Vick signs two-year contract with Philadelphia.

this isn't to say that i'm never wrong, because i have made mistakes in the past. but i put that out there this morning knowing what i had, and knowing that my reputation was on the line, and i'd have to be eating plenty of crow and having plenty to answer to my bosses.

but i told you so.

j

(not SKOOBY)

w

:thumbsup:

now can i say i told you so about Vick and the Bills? now, can i say that what i reported was correct?

now, in the face of the mountain of so-called evidence of speculation that didn't prove to be worth a hill of beans, can i get just a hint of love? dismissed after Eisen, questioned about what "at this time" meant, even questioned about what influence Tony Dungy might have had on Mr. Wilson to the point where i nearly began to doubt what in fact i had and was told. and yet, the proof is right there: Vick signs two-year contract with Philadelphia.

this isn't to say that i'm never wrong, because i have made mistakes in the past. but i put that out there this morning knowing what i had, and knowing that my reputation was on the line, and i'd have to be eating plenty of crow and having plenty to answer to my bosses.

but i told you so.

j

(not SKOOBY)

w

:thumbsup:

In all seriousness, your credentials, professionalism, and history of providing accurate (early) information has earned you the right to some serious love by all posters of this board. Thanks for all the insight you provide.