Jason Peters Interview on ESPN.com

LynchMob23

Apparently ends interview distracted by Mort's Bus

Two parts stuck out...

Mosley: How much time have you spent with the playbook?

Peters: I've read it three or four times. It's two times the size of the Bills' playbook. I felt like I was a rookie again. But it's starting to seem like second nature to me at this point.

One would say having such a simplified playbook would lead to learning the blocking schemes easier...oh, wait....

Mosley: How big is the difference between playing for the Bills and now playing for the Eagles?

Peters: It's night and day. In Buffalo, not having a chance to get in the playoffs was pretty rough. You might get off to a strong start, but then you lose four or five in a row and you're out of it. And then I was trying to get a contract done. If you're human, that's going to affect you. Sometimes I'd be thinking about it too much. Now, I've got a chance to go to the Super Bowl. The work ethic is stronger here. There's a lot more running and conditioning. That first minicamp was a wakeup call for me. I think we ran something like 16 100-yard sprints. We didn't do that in Buffalo.

I love the Eagles and Andy Reid is a phenomenal coach. But because the Bills play in a tougher division and couldn't back into the playoffs (remember, the Eagles were "out of it" by Thanksgiving) he's taken the "we're in it for the SuperBowl every year" route...fair enough..

Thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Eagles and Andy Reid is a phenomenal coach. But because the Bills play in a tougher division and couldn't back into the playoffs (remember, the Eagles were "out of it" by Thanksgiving) he's taken the "we're in it for the SuperBowl every year" route...fair enough..

Thoughts?

Explain to me how the Bills play in a tougher division?

Our division is Buffalo, Miami, Jets, New England...

Theirs is Philadelphia, NY Gaints, Dallas Cowboys, Redskins...

I absolutely believe they have a real training camp there which we don't have. The Bills were in terrible shape huffing and puffing during the HOF game.

And injuries galore means that guys are not in shape, simple as that.

But the guys love to play together, lets give them a day off. They deserve that.

Cue the "see how a winning organization is run" and "the Bills are out of shape" posts in 3...2...1...

(FWIW, I don't buy for one second the "work ethic is stronger here" b.s.)

Why would u not buy it? Dick is known to be soft and runs weaker camps than old Marv even though none of these guys is at the level we had back then

Cue the "see how a winning organization is run" and "the Bills are out of shape" posts in 3...2...1...

(FWIW, I don't buy for one second the "work ethic is stronger here" b.s.)

Are you kidding? Reid has been running camp there for 11 years, and how many times have they been in the NFC Championship game, 5? 6?

Versus Jauron, who has only had 1 winning season in what, 10 years?

I think Reid knows how to run a successful camp, and I think the correlation between camp and season is apparent.

But you're probably right, I'm just a negative Bills nancy who thinks everything we do is wrong and everything another team does is right.

Oh, did I mention we had exactly 2 two-a-day practices this year? TWO? All the while expecting our players to be in better shape than every team we face so that we can effectively run the no huddle. I've been to multiple practices, I have not even seen one sprint.

Explain to me how the Bills play in a tougher division?

Our division is Buffalo, Miami, Jets, New England...

Theirs is Philadelphia, NY Gaints, Dallas Cowboys, Redskins...

Well, the fact that anyone in the NFC East has won the division (with 3 of them getting in last year) compared to the last few years of Patriots and maybe the Jets...with the Dolphins jumping in last year.

And most of the times the sprints are done out of the fans' sight. Either during conditioning indoors or privately.

Well, the fact that anyone in the NFC East has won the division (with 3 of them getting in last year) compared to the last few years of Patriots and maybe the Jets...with the Dolphins jumping in last year.

And most of the times the sprints are done out of the fans' sight. Either during conditioning indoors or privately.

But isn't that favoring my argument? Our division has only 1 good team that has dominated the top, while theirs has had so many good ones year after year, that different teams are always at the top.

Mosley: How big is the difference between playing for the Bills and now playing for the Eagles?

Peters: It's night and day. In Buffalo, not having a chance to get in the playoffs was pretty rough. You might get off to a strong start, but then you lose four or five in a row and you're out of it. And then I was trying to get a contract done. If you're human, that's going to affect you. Sometimes I'd be thinking about it too much. Now, I've got a chance to go to the Super Bowl. The work ethic is stronger here. There's a lot more running and conditioning. That first minicamp was a wakeup call for me. I think we ran something like 16 100-yard sprints. We didn't do that in Buffalo.

I think he meant to say "MY work ethic is stronger here"

But isn't that favoring my argument? Our division has only 1 good team that has dominated the top, while theirs has had so many good ones year after year, that different teams are always at the top.

Well I'm just passing along info here, but for your argument's sake, yes, the divisions are skewed. However, I'm asserting that their division is more schizophrenic - they'll have one top team a year, but the other three will either do poorly or beat each other up for a photo finish. And because of the overall weakness of the NFC, they'll get guys in easier. My key weakness however in this is the 7-9 records the past 3 years which would not have gotten them in even in the NFC West.

My point is, there's more to the "we're in the SuperBowl talks" than just the Bills suck and the Eagles are God's gift to football. Take from that what you will.

I think he meant to say "MY work ethic is stronger here"

Actually, I think he meant to say exactly what he said - THE work ethic is stronger here.

Peters isn't BS'ing. I was at training camp last year and all I can think of the whole time was, this is an NFL practice? I work out harder in my living room. :o

It makes sense that the Bills don't train hard. If you train hard, you gain muscle. If you gain muscle, you naturally gain weight. We can't have that, our guys need to be nice and small so they can get run over on a regular basis. <_<:lol:

Of course.

I'm chuckling at the memory of 2 years ago when people were saying the Bills went 7-9 in the "toughest division in the NFL" because the Patriots went 16-0. The Jets and Dolphins were 2 of the 3 worst teams in the entire league and the Bills were paper tigers, which of course helped the Patriots to that 16-0 with 6 walk over wins. Indeed, the NFC East pounded the crap out of the AFC East that year -- other than the Patriots and ignoring the Super Bowl. :o

My quick takeaways

Peters is one arrogant bastard. Can't wait to see this column in some lockers around the NFC East, specifically Ware and Tuck.

Peters flat out said his contract effected his play last year. Guess that ends that argument.

McNabb tampering??? Guess you can not put a restriction on friends..but why in the hell would Donavan McNabb be visiting Jason Peters in Houston???I dunno, maybe a personal connection there somehow, but I just can't see it.

Seems pretty clear he values pro bowls over super bowls...and feels that cause he went last year he must of had a good year.

I was pissed Bills traded this guy, and still think he is a phenomenal talent, but lean more and more everyday that trading him maybe not the colossal blunder I thought it was