Hillary feeling a little resentment?

Magox

I think Hillary is feeling a little resentment

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/poli...er+cool/3304582

America's Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not amused when an interpreter in Congo asked for her husband's opinion on foreign policy.

Hillary was not accompanied by her husband Bill, the former president, during her trip to the African country.

In fact she was the only person sitting on stage when the student asked via the interpreter: "We've all heard about the Chinese contracts in this country. The interference from the world bank about this contract.

"What does Mr Clinton think, through the mouth of Mrs Clinton?"

Mrs Clinton looked puzzled for a few seconds but showed she was irritated when she hit back.

She said: "Wait, you want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not the secretary of state, I am.

"So you ask my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channelling my husband."

:thumbsup:

I think Hillary is feeling a little resentment

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/poli...er+cool/3304582

America's Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not amused when an interpreter in Congo asked for her husband's opinion on foreign policy.

Hillary was not accompanied by her husband Bill, the former president, during her trip to the African country.

In fact she was the only person sitting on stage when the student asked via the interpreter: "We've all heard about the Chinese contracts in this country. The interference from the world bank about this contract.

"What does Mr Clinton think, through the mouth of Mrs Clinton?"

Mrs Clinton looked puzzled for a few seconds but showed she was irritated when she hit back.

She said: "Wait, you want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not the secretary of state, I am.

"So you ask my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channelling my husband."

:thumbsup:

That was pretty funny if you saw the clip, she was pissed. The interpreter screwed up though, and the questioner was asking about President Obama, not President Clinton. As soon as that was brought up everyone started laughing.

That was pretty funny if you saw the clip, she was pissed. The interpreter screwed up though, and the questioner was asking about President Obama, not President Clinton. As soon as that was brought up everyone started laughing.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I think she's all right for a liberal, and that goes for Bill as well, however, you can definitely sense the tension in her regarding Bill "upstaging" her in just about everything he has done. He was elected president, she wasn't, he received the credit for helping free the prisoners in North Korea, she got to go to Congo, he got to screw around with other chicks during the marriage, she didn't.

I didn't see video but I read it in the paper this morning and could just visualize that she was PISSED! Hmmmm, sounds like a marriage of convenience to me.

I didn't see video but I read it in the paper this morning and could just visualize that she was PISSED! Hmmmm, sounds like a marriage of convenience to me.

definitely.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

must be cold in their house

That was pretty funny if you saw the clip, she was pissed.

It was a very awkward appearance, the kind you would have expected her to have after the Monica thing. The only thing I thought was that maybe Bill's trip to Korea was his idea that he pitched to Obama over her objections. There really was no reason for her to fly off the handle like that, even if the question was about President Clinton.

So, in light of that response, let's revisit a question she asked of who you'd like to field a certain call at 3AM in the morning. The caveat should be, "depends on what Bill Clinton was doing at midnight."

Yeah buddy, she went overboard on that one. I tried to imagine a male SoS and how he might react to such a question...I could see him saying the words BUT the apparent rancor and hostile body language...no.

Of course she could have just been tired. But that's no excuse. I don't think it's going to cause an international incident, in fact apparently the two spoke after and straightened it out but, I would imagine if she were to react with a similar demeanor to, say Russia or North Korea, I'd want to build a bunker in my backyard.

It was a very awkward appearance, the kind you would have expected her to have after the Monica thing. The only thing I thought was that maybe Bill's trip to Korea was his idea that he pitched to Obama over her objections. There really was no reason for her to fly off the handle like that, even if the question was about President Clinton.

So, in light of that response, let's revisit a question she asked of who you'd like to field a certain call at 3AM in the morning. The caveat should be, "depends on what Bill Clinton was doing at midnight."

I agree, there was no reason to fly off the handle like that, if you call that "flying off the handle". She was clearly pissed with the question, which wasn't really the question. I just assumed that because there have been countless articles in the media recently about her and what she is doing and if Bill had upstaged her that she was just fed up with them and reclaiming some turf.

I agree, there was no reason to fly off the handle like that, if you call that "flying off the handle".

It was definitely flying off the handle for a member of the Cabinet on a State visit. If she was on Jerry Springer, then it would be different.

I agree, there was no reason to fly off the handle like that, if you call that "flying off the handle". She was clearly pissed with the question, which wasn't really the question. I just assumed that because there have been countless articles in the media recently about her and what she is doing and if Bill had upstaged her that she was just fed up with them and reclaiming some turf.

Which is the exact maturity level we want and expect from the SOS. :doh:

Which is the exact maturity level we want and expect from the SOS. :doh:

Same reaction I would assume that Conde Rice would have made if someone asked what does her piano teacher think about what is going on a couple dozen times, or Madeline Albright if asked what her Halloween maskmaker thought over and over, or what Colin Powell would say if asked what his wife thought and not him.

The correct reply would have been to calmly ask if the question was correct. "Are you asking about my husband? I am here to talk about President Obama's policies." instead of flying off the handle.

Same reaction I would assume that Conde Rice would have made if someone asked what does her piano teacher think about what is going on a couple dozen times, or Madeline Albright if asked what her Halloween maskmaker thought over and over, or what Colin Powell would say if asked what his wife thought and not him.

KtFBD meet conjecture, conjecture meet KtFBD

I think you two will get along just fine :doh: