What if TE does like MNF Cleveland?

Chuckknox

Is there any other QB insurance out there, just in case???

First let me call my 6th grade English teacher and ask her to translate the title of this topic.

With Trent we have a little hope. Without him we have no hope. In fact, I doubt Brett Favre circa 2001 could get this team to the playoffs and you can be assured this OL would break his consecutive start string.

You tell me what team can overcome Marv Levy running a draft, Dick Jauron as head coach, and a completely retooled OL.

The Cleveland game was the last game that he threw an interception in last season so if he wants to go ahead and get them all out of his system against the Patsies then so be it. :thumbsup: It will equal alot of victories for us throughout the rest of the season. :w00t:

Seriously though, it's only one game. Yes it does count, but it's no reason to throw the towel in on Trent for '09 if he doesn't look like the Pro Bowl QB everyone expects him to be. Hate them as most of us TRULY do, the Pats with a healthy Tom Brady ARE the team to beat in the AFC East. If we play hard and keep the game close, win or lose I'll be content. I'd be extatic if we win don't get me wrong, but if we compete hard and lose by one score I could deal with it. My hopes are high, but I'm trying to stay realistic.

hes gonna have a crappy game. maybe a couple. wont end a season, and he wont lose his job. they went out and got him weapons, he will be fun to watch. he looked good in the first preseason game.

who available is better than him right now? vick? uhhhh no. our insurance is putting out the best defense and best special teams possible. by the opener, they will be full speed and everything should be together, best to their human abilities. i think we are fine. we got a tough schedule, but we have a chance to compete for the east title and/or a post season spot. go trent!

I dont care how bad trent is, he'll still be better than Fitzpatrick.

If we were to combine Fitz and Jauron for the entire season, this team would be lucky to score 200 points.

After watching Fitz here in St. Louis for a few years, I'm surprsised he's managed to stay on a roster this long. Can't tell you how excited I was when we signed him......might be the worst backup in the league right now. I don't care that he finished with three wins in Cinci last year, the guy is not an NFL QB. I really hope Trent stays healthy.

You can bet Edwards is going to have games like the one he had against Cleveland. That's a given. It's the nature of the game and the position.

The question for me is, will he always have us in a position to win after those atrocious starts in games like he did against Cleveland?

It's how a QB shakes it off. So far, TE has shown that he tends to hold on to it more than he should, IMO. I remember a Monday nighter at Cincy when Kelly threw 3 1st qtr picks. Kelly shook it off like water off a duck's ass and ended up having a great game. Like all CBs who are going to get burned at times, QBs need to say, "F it", and go on to the next play. I'm hoping Edwards grows a thicker skin in this regard.

GO BILLS!!!

After watching Fitz here in St. Louis for a few years, I'm surprsised he's managed to stay on a roster this long. Can't tell you how excited I was when we signed him......might be the worst backup in the league right now. I don't care that he finished with three wins in Cinci last year, the guy is not an NFL QB. I really hope Trent stays healthy.

C'mon, his 8 TDs (but 9 INTs and 11 fumbles) in 12 games, 70.0 rating last season doesn't get your juices flowing?

this is why you go get Vick as a backup. don't pay him much. we need something because TE will get hurt. It will happen. Vick will be happy with any job at this point. Release Hamden.

No. We're doomed. Accept that.

BTW our problem is not the QB...it's our O-line. If they do their job we're a playoff team. Without an effective O-line we can't run the ball and we can only pass short, so defenses will just crowd the line of scrimmage. That's why every QB weve had for the last ten years looks like crap.

PTR

C'mon, his 8 TDs (but 9 INTs and 11 fumbles) in 12 games, 70.0 rating last season doesn't get your juices flowing?

Receiving the text of that signing was a WTF?!? moment comparable to when they brought back Peerless Price. During Tim's chat the week the Bengals played the Jets, I asked him if he thought NY was happy to be facing Harvard Guy instead of Carson Palmer. His reply: "Ecstatic."

Receiving the text of that signing was a WTF?!? moment comparable to when they brought back Peerless Price. During Tim's chat the week the Bengals played the Jets, I asked him if he thought NY was happy to be facing Harvard Guy instead of Carson Palmer. His reply: "Ecstatic."

I know, I mean I get that he's really smart and is probably really good at breaking down film but physically the guy just does not have it. Sometimes I think DJ's/the Front Office's man love for the Ivy-Leaugers goes a little too far, they do need to be able to play the game in addition to being nerds.