T.O. Sportscenter sound bite

ChicagoDan

Not sure if this was on SC or ESPNnews last night (or both). They were asking TO about comparing his current situation to Dallas and he said that he had some good experiences in Dallas but that "I'm with Buffalo right now and so and focusing on that." (emphasis added)

Most players would have said "Now I'm a Buffalo Bill" or something more definite and proud. For some reason the "right now" kinda bothered me--he seems to already be looking to his future somewhere else. I replayed it several times to make sure I got his inflection correctly and each time it bothered me more.

I know we all know that he knows that we know that that is what he is thinking, etc, but it still bugged me he said like that. Hopefully his play will continue to excel as it did briefly last night regardless of whether he already considers us a one and done no matter what.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this was on SC or ESPNnews last night (or both). They were asking TO about comparing his current situation to Dallas and he said that he had some good experiences in Dallas but that "I'm with Buffalo right now and so and focusing on that." (emphasis added)

Most players would have said "Now I'm a Buffalo Bill" or something more definite and proud. For some reason the "right now" kinda bothered me--he seems to already be looking to his future somewhere else. I replayed it several times to make sure I got his inflection correctly and each time it bothered me more.

I know we all know that he knows that we know that that is what he is thinking, etc, but it still bugged me he said like that. Hopefully his play will continue to excel as it did briefly last night regardless of whether he already considers us a one and done no matter what.

You may be reading too much into it.

The guy gives like 80 interviews a day. He's bound to say something that can be interpreted several different ways. Take it easy and don't let it bug you, he is with Buffalo right now...

I think you are trying to make more of it then what it is. The fact is he is continuosly asked about Dallas and what he thinks about being in Buffalo in his comment he stressed hes in BUFFALO NOW which means he is no longer in Dallas and a nice way to say enough already.

But the comment I thought was funny was when he was asked during the game something to the effect of If i asked you if you saw yourself playing in Buffalo what would you say and TO stated I'd say what were you smoking!

You're nitpicking!