We should trade Roscoe to the falcons,

freester

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still holding out hope that we will find a way to get Roscoe the ball 5-10 times a game around here. Whether it be in the Wildcat, or reverses, or WR screens, or slants I don't care. The guy is lightining with the ball in his hands and can make plays. He's been underutilized here.

The falcons are desperate at WR. Douglas also was a KR/PR. They already have a big possession guy in Michael Jenkins so Roscoe would fit nicely.

Who do the Bills get in return? Remember, they need a player, not a pick.

I'm still holding out hope that we will find a way to get Roscoe the ball 5-10 times a game around here. Whether it be in the Wildcat, or reverses, or WR screens, or slants I don't care. The guy is lightining with the ball in his hands and can make plays. He's been underutilized here.

Who is this Roscoe fella your referring to i thought the Bills only had Evans and Owens as WR.? Oh you mean the diminutive guy that catches punts? Yeah, that boys good....at that.

Who is this Roscoe fella your referring to i thought the Bills only had Evans and Owens as WR.? Oh you mean the diminutive guy that catches RETURNS punts? Yeah, that boys good....at that.

Fixed.

There are a lot of "punt catchers" in the NFL. Roscoe isn't one of them.

A draft pick would do if it was at least a third or fourth rounder. Are they overstocked on LT's?

Fixed.

Who was the DB the Bills traded with Denver for who Wade made sure everyone knew was a punt catcher.

Thank you! IIRC they gave Denver a third rounder for that mook! :rolleyes:

Watson was a real good return man for the Broncos, so it looked like a good deal at the time...IIRC he made the "all-rookie" team (for what that is worth!) with the Broncos...

Maybe he has just been over-appreciated by some. Personally, I think I'd rather see T.O. with the ball in his hands to be honest. Not sure what the Roscoe Parrish love fest is all about with some of you, but the guy just isn't great at all. Lots of receivers in the NFL are dangerous with the ball in their hands - the problem is getting the ball in their hands. If you are having to rely on trick plays and/or formations to do so, that is likely an indication that you need a more talented player in the position to begin with.

Fixed.

Seems like that has nothing to do with the returner and everything to do with the punting team. No team asks a guy to return punts who isn't looking to take it to the house every time. It is all a function of hang time and coverage. Once he is running, then the onus is on the returner, but he has little control over whether or not the punt is returnable to begin with. Also, on a related note, most of the time big return games are set up by good blocking. It really doesn't matter who is returning the ball, no blocking equals no yardage, and good blocking equals good yardage. The only difference is that a guy like Roscoe can turn good yardage into points if you miss a tackle or two.

A 4th rounder for Roscoe Parrish would be a good deal. They aren't going to acquire any established player who can improve the roster by trading the #4 at best and possibly #6 receiver on the chart. They don't need any player of Rosco-level abilities, but with a 4th round pick they could discover a diamond in the rough or at least break even.

Maybe he has just been over-appreciated by some. Personally, I think I'd rather see T.O. with the ball in his hands to be honest. Not sure what the Roscoe Parrish love fest is all about with some of you, but the guy just isn't great at all. Lots of receivers in the NFL are dangerous with the ball in their hands - the problem is getting the ball in their hands. If you are having to rely on trick plays and/or formations to do so, that is likely an indication that you need a more talented player in the position to begin with.

I'll take a stab. On the comparatively rare times the D holds an opponent on third down and forces a punt, the throng at the Ralph is on their feet applauding heartily and banging chair backs. Then the realization that the diminutive one scampers out deep and alone awaiting the punt. The place goes FREAKIN' ELECTRIC!! Roscoe rarely disappoints.

Ya gotta be there,SGBF, though you can sense it on the tube..

The place goes FREAKIN' ELECTRIC!! Roscoe rarely disappoints.

His value in the return game isn't really being debated, it's the unending midget love from certain posters, who claim he's a viable NFL receiver. At his very best he's a # 3, more likely, he fits somewhere between a #4 receiver and a bench warmer.