Will you root for JP for Las Vegas?

I admit to having mixed feelings about whether to root for JP. He seems like a nice enough guy; though not a very good quarterback. And I do feel bad for him. Losman's been through a lot, and for his sake I hope he bounces back.

On the other hand, I have a real problem with many of Losman's supporters. If humility represents one end of the spectrum, and calling someone an idiot for disagreeing with you represents the other, quite a few Losman fans fall firmly toward that latter end of the spectrum. Yes, they've been humiliated, and have had their hearts broken. They deserved this punishment for their arrogance. And they deserve more. Let their punishment continue until they learn humility.

However, I'm not going to sit here and wish away a young man's future in hopes that doing so will teach a lesson to a few arrogant, immature posters on a message board. Frankly, some of the people on these boards may be incapable of learning maturity and humility. Or, if they are capable, it will take far more than the failure of a particular football player to drive home that life lesson. Let Losman succeed as a starting quarterback for a UFL team. And let the incivility and arrogance of the worst of his supporters be punished in some other way.

Amazing post! :devil::devil:

Just like with the Bledsoe apologists (many of the same people), their punishment will be to continue to eat sh-- over the next obvious misfit. :devil: (hope it doesn't end up being Trent!)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Tulane he was generally hated by his teammates. Troy Vincent blew him up his first training camp because he was an arrogant jerk-off. His dumb ass set this franchise back 5 years, and you guys want to root for him?

Did you forget this memorable douche-conference?

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...20-e65a354c33b1

We can agree that you are a "boob".

not that I'll pay much attention to the league but yeah, I hope he does well :devil:

JP losman is an arrogant prick. He is self-righteous and completely absorbed by his giant ego. He was a "good citizen" in Buffalo cause he had no other choice... He wasn't good enough to play, so at least he could pretend to be a good guy as a backup, and maybe get a chance with another squad when his contract expired. Given the opportunity he proved to be a bust and, more or less, a jackass. I hope he fails. I'm nearly positive he will. I hope he gets another chance in the NFL though, as that would represent a great opportunity for him to fail again.

I met the guy and can say with 100% certainty that you're full of it with that post.

As far as Vincent, he blew him up because he was a little cocky in the way he scrambled...he didn't slide...not because Troy thought the same stupid things you do

At Tulane he was generally hated by his teammates. Troy Vincent blew him up his first training camp because he was an arrogant jerk-off. His dumb ass set this franchise back 5 years, and you guys want to root for him?

Did you forget this memorable douche-conference?

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...20-e65a354c33b1

Hey Drew Bledsoe, I thought we asked you to GTFO.......

not that I'll pay much attention to the league but yeah, I hope he does well :devil:

I met the guy and can say with 100% certainty that you're full of it with that post.

As far as Vincent, he blew him up because he was a little cocky in the way he scrambled...he didn't slide...not because Troy thought the same stupid things you do

Losman is arguably the biggest bust in the history of this franchise and you are defending him, even wishing him well... I'm sorry if I have my opinion, but I am a BILLS fan, and I want the Bills to win. I'm not going to root for some spoiled athlete who ruined Sundays for me for 4 years. It's like being the bridesmaid at your ex-girlfriends wedding.

I've met him too, long before he ever wore the red, white and blue. I was pissed when my favorite team drafted this arrogant mental midget, and am more pissed now that I was proven right.

Pro Athletes are two, way different, separate persona's when they are out in public with fans and when they are acting like their natural selves. Ask Nicole Brown Simpson. The Easter bunny doesn't exist either...

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-jerk-athletes

If I do watch the league, and I will give it a chance because it is football, just like the USFL, XFL, WFL, etc., then I will root for him without a doubt. J.P. seemed like a good guy who meant well in the community but it didn't work out on the field. Glad he isn't our QB anymore, but surely hope he does good to get his career back on track.

Losman is arguably the biggest bust in the history of this franchise and you are defending him, even wishing him well... I'm sorry if I have my opinion, but I am a BILLS fan, and I want the Bills to win. I'm not going to root for some spoiled athlete who ruined Sundays for me for 4 years. It's like being the bridesmaid at your ex-girlfriends wedding.

I've met him too, long before he ever wore the red, white and blue. I was pissed when my favorite team drafted this arrogant mental midget, and am more pissed now that I was proven right.

Pro Athletes are two, way different, separate persona's when they are out in public with fans and when they are acting like their natural selves. Ask Nicole Brown Simpson. The Easter bunny doesn't exist either...

Mike Williams was worse and he was an ahole from day one to the poin t we finally got rid of him. As a human being, a teammate, a member of the community, etc.

JP sucked, true, but he tried hard and was a nice guy community wise.

I'll watch the UFL IF they play. I'm concerned that the league is about 2 months away from playing & they don't have a schedule yet. They don't know the dates when & where they are playing & have not put single game seats on sale. All they have is a waiting list. They have very few players under contract. Now I know they're waiting for NFL cuts, but this lack of a schedule & ticket sales is a major red flag. I think it's no better than 50-50 that they play this year.

Losman cannot compare to the level of bust that Mike Williams and a few others achieved. Losman had at least one decent season, you cannot say that for Williams. He wasn't the level of bust that many other First Round picks were either, such as Erik Flowers, Tony Hunter, Booker Moore, Walt Putalski (1st overall), Tom Cousineau and don't forget that future Hall of Fame receiver, Perry Tuttle out of Clemson-who? These are just to name a few. So your personal feelings are more than obvious in saying that Losman is the biggest bust in Bills history, not even close.

Losman cannot compare to the level of bust that Mike Williams and a few others achieved. Losman had at least one decent season, you cannot say that for Williams. He wasn't the level of bust that many other First Round picks were either, such as Erik Flowers, Tony Hunter, Booker Moore, Walt Putalski (1st overall), Tom Cousineau and don't forget that future Hall of Fame receiver, Perry Tuttle out of Clemson-who? These are just to name a few. So your personal feelings are more than obvious in saying that Losman is the biggest bust in Bills history, not even close.

The difference is, is that when a QB busts, he sets the franchise back by years. Now he may not be the biggest bust, but he was one of the biggest busts, at the most important position on the field. The same can be said for Rob Johnson since he cost a 1st & 4th and wasted the Bills time, and to a lesser extent Drew Bledsoe, because he cost a #1 and only lasted 3 years. Every time the Bills have found a starter post-Jim Kelly, he's set the franchise backwards and wasted not only the years he played, but others as well. If the Bills hadn't invested in JP in 2004, they would have chosen Cutler in 2006.

If Edwards doesn't work out, then the franchise has again spun its wheels & lost valuable time. A QB bust is a franchise killer.

The difference is, is that when a QB busts, he sets the franchise back by years. Now he may not be the biggest bust, but he was one of the biggest busts, at the most important position on the field. The same can be said for Rob Johnson since he cost a 1st & 4th and wasted the Bills time, and to a lesser extent Drew Bledsoe, because he cost a #1 and only lasted 3 years. Every time the Bills have found a starter post-Jim Kelly, he's set the franchise backwards and wasted not only the years he played, but others as well. If the Bills hadn't invested in JP in 2004, they would have chosen Cutler in 2006.

If Edwards doesn't work out, then the franchise has again spun its wheels & lost valuable time. A QB bust is a franchise killer.

And a bad head coach sets back the franchise how many years? We're living a coaching "bust" right now. Doesn't matter who is the QB.

I will. I hope he does well.

I wish the man good health. I never want to see any pro football player get hurt. That said, I could not care less how well or badly Lost-man plays for any other team. I expect him to be picked up after the season is over for Las Vegas, since there will be QB injuries in the NFL by then. And when he does get picked up, I don't care if he plays well, or if he ever plays one down in the NFL again. I cannot ever see Lost-man being a bonified starter in the NFL - ever. Since nobody cares about back-ups until their starters go down a few games, I don't see any reason to talk about him anymore. :thumbdown:

Mike Williams was worse and he was an ahole from day one to the poin t we finally got rid of him. As a human being, a teammate, a member of the community, etc.

JP sucked, true, but he tried hard and was a nice guy community wise.

I have to wonder why it is that people get labelled as aholes so easily....while he was hardly the most motivated player we ever had, he came across as a pretty nice guy to me. The morning of the 2002 Blizzard game, I had stayed at what is now the Millenium Hotel, where the Bills stay the night before home games. I was taking some stuff down to the car and walked with Big Mike out to the parking lot...maybe it's just me, but I don't see ahole when it comes to Mike Williams or Losman for that matter