Mckinnie is getting embarressed

Pete

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryant is getting beaten like a French prizefighter.  Freeney is awesome!

108974[/snapback]

Yep, they just called him for offsides, and it sure looked good to me. Freeney's greased lightning!

I bet Minnesota is thrilled they spent all that money on "shut down" corner Antoine Winfield as well. Marvin Harrison has smoked him on numerous occasions tonight and Winfield still can't make a pick. He dropped one on the goalline and missed another easy one in the first half.

Where are all the "We should have drafted Mckinnie instead of Big Mike" posts?

McKinnie looks slower than Mike right now...although Dwight is awesome...

Overall, I am still glad we got Mike over McKinnie

108994[/snapback]

If you ever visit a Viking board, they've been saying the same thing about McKinnie that Bills fans have been saying about Williams these past 2 years.

Where are all the "We should have drafted Mckinnie instead of Big Mike" posts?

McKinnie looks slower than Mike right now...although Dwight is awesome...

Overall, I am still glad we got Mike over McKinnie

108994[/snapback]

I was just gonna post that but you beat me too it. His pass protection tonight was absolutely horrendous.

I was just gonna post that but you beat me too it.  His pass protection tonight was absolutely horrendous.

109013[/snapback]

I remember Sully's description of McKinnie a month or so back went something like....meanwhile the Vikings are anchored on the left side of the line by McKinnie for the next 10 years....

McKinnie did not have his best game tonight. But give credit to Freeney, he was outstanding. By the way, did anyone think that Freeney was offsides on that one play that he sacked Culpepper? It looked like he timed the snap perfectly.

McKinnie did not have his best game tonight.  But give credit to Freeney, he was outstanding.  By the way, did anyone think that Freeney was offsides on that one play that he sacked Culpepper?  It looked like he timed the snap perfectly.

109022[/snapback]

It looked clean to me. I was surprised there weren't more booing at that call.

I remember Sully's description of McKinnie a month or so back went something like....meanwhile the Vikings are anchored on the left side of the line by McKinnie for the next 10 years....

109020[/snapback]

That would be news to these Viking fans. :w00t:

Purple Thoughts

I bet Minnesota is thrilled they spent all that money on "shut down" corner Antoine Winfield as well. Marvin Harrison has smoked him on numerous occasions tonight and Winfield still can't make a pick. He dropped one on the goalline and missed another easy one in the first half.

108987[/snapback]

Harrison has a tendency to burn ALOT of good corners, but I agree in as much as I think Winfield's a super cover-corner, he has hands of stone.

If you ever visit a Viking board, they've been saying the same thing about McKinnie that Bills fans have been saying about Williams these past 2 years.

109008[/snapback]

I've been telling people here that since day 1 (I live in the Minneapolis area), and NOBODY here wanted to believe me, instead just wanting to bash Mike and say the Vikes made out like bandits. I was laughed at when I said I wanted MW instead of BM.

Yeah, Freeney's good, but last I checked Abraham led the AFC in sacks, not Freeney. MW held the AFC sack leader to ZERO sacks (before his injury).

CW

I was just gonna post that but you beat me too it.  His pass protection tonight was absolutely horrendous.

109013[/snapback]

Here is one.

First, right now my only concern for Big Mike is his health.

That aside, the vikes gave up all of 2 sacks while being forced to pass for much of the night, as Manning just kept tossing td passes. Big friggin deal. Oh, and the vikes ran for how many yards?

We can fantasize as we choose, but MW has not produced as a #4 should, and I think that this is beyond logical question. If you want to judge McKinnie by one game against an all-pro, by all means do. Will you then judge Big Mike only by his stellar outing in the first jest game?

Didn't think so.