Trade Josh Reed to Baltimore

Josh Reed will be the best #3 In the NFL this year. why trade him when both T.O. and Lee will be doubled? Josh Reed may this teams biggest asset right now not to mention how important it will be to have him next year.

This is not true at all. But we should keep Reed and Hardy and Johnson.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Owens is a helluva downfield blocker. His hustle to do so is amazing. All heart.

But a good blocking receiver in the slot is much more valuable to the running game from a strategic point of view so having Reed there is a bonus (he said with a firm grasp of the obvious).

So it doesn't matter to me who the better blocker is. It's just nice knowing we have receivers that can get the job done. I hope some of it rubs off on Lee. He's terrible at it.

GO BILLS!!!

Good point. I think both will help the run game, but from the slot Josh can be 'more' valuable.

Downfield Owens will help the other receivers a great deal.

Roscoe's only value to anyone is as a punt returner. He's generously listed at 5'9" 171 lbs, has yet to prove he can provide anything more than 1 to 2 gadget plays a game. Why people think any team would want that midget to line up as a starter on offense is beyond me.

The horrible thing is that we have him in our line up. LOL.

Really though, Parrish is a great punt returner but people need to get off the whole thought of him becoming a decent WR. The guy isnt anything more than a slot WR. And a bad one at that.

I don't believe this would be in the best interest of the team. With Reed we get a very good possession receiver and a great blocking WR. If you want big running plays, you need that downfield blocking. This will prove particularly effective with both Evans and Owens on the outside.

Parrish has shown time and again that he isn't an every offensive play kind of receiver. He's just not physical enough, and that is exactly what we need in the slot. Reed going would be particularly beneficial to Hardy and Johnson. Experience is invaluable and they would both get that with Reed gone.

In the long term it may be good to give our young receivers more game time, but for just the upcoming season keeping Reed in the slot will give us a better chance of breaking the 7-9 plateau.

Depth would be my concern. I like having six solid WRs, and Hardy really can't be called that as of yet. We have five. While I'd like to see Steve Johnson play more, if we can't get a 2nd or 3rd for Reed, there's no need to trade him.

Getting rid of Reed is stupid. He's one of the best blockers on the whole team, and that is a KEY part of being a slot WR. He's a very good slot WR, and a GREAT blocker.

As much as I love Parrish, I think Reed has more value to the team on an every-down basis. I'd trade Parrish before reed.

Baltimore may be desperate and the Bills don't need him. A LB or a draft pick would be a good deal. Good organizations take advantage of others at times like this. If they like Steve Johnson as much as they say they do, then there is no room for one of the following - Parrish, Reed, or Hardy. Parrish brings return ability and is more explosive after the catch. It is to soon to give up on Hardy and he has no trade value. The TE may also be a viable target this year. I like Reed but he is overpaid and may be no better than the fourth best WR on the team. Please don't post how they can keep 6 WR's. Yes they can, but the diluted playing time is a poor use of a roster spot. Pardon one disclaimer - If Hardy can't contribute at all this year it would have to be a really good trade to move Reed.

And who is going to take over the 3rd and 4 plus receiving slot if Reed goes? Josh has been THE go-to guy and done a very good job.

Yeah, Josh Reed is essential to the Bills offense. He's twice as good as Wes Welker. If he were gone, there's no possible way Schonert could figure out how to use Fred Jackson as a slot back. Losing Reed would also be a crushing blow to Lindell's numbers.

Now, trying to sell Parrish as a receiver to the Ravens, that there is some creative idea. Not impossible: The Bills FO bought that idea in 2005.

I know I'll get torched for this but if I was going to trade any of our receivers, it would be James Hardy.

Okay, I'll explain. I know he was a rookie last year but I wasn't impressed with his effort and feel he will be a bust.

Yeah, Josh Reed is essential to the Bills offense. He's twice as good as Wes Welker. If he were gone, there's no possible way Schonert could figure out how to use Fred Jackson as a slot back. Losing Reed would also be a crushing blow to Lindell's numbers.

Now, trying to sell Parrish as a receiver to the Ravens, that there is some creative idea. Not impossible: The Bills FO bought that idea in 2005.

How can you insert our 2nd string back into the slot? You'd kill the depth at RB, and it isn't like we plan on Lynch being there the whole season. Remember, Jackson is starting the 1st three games. Who would be the #2 RB those games after Rhodes? You'd need to make yet another roster move to cover Jackson's move to the slot because Omon is clearly a POS.

And who is going to take over the 3rd and 4 plus receiving slot if Reed goes? Josh has been THE go-to guy and done a very good job.

Hopping Steve Johnson wins the 3rd reciever roll myself. Feel he is a better talent, adds some height, and doesnt fold under pressure like Reed has seemed to when he was a starter. If he wins the 3rd, parrish would be a descent fit for 4th, as they typically dont jam much when in 4 reciever sets, and getting off line when jammed is an issue for him. Doubt they trade Reed, but if Johnson continues to improve, doubt Reed gets on the field near as much as has in past few seasons anyways.

How can you insert our 2nd string back into the slot? You'd kill the depth at RB, and it isn't like we plan on Lynch being there the whole season. Remember, Jackson is starting the 1st three games. Who would be the #2 RB those games after Rhodes? You'd need to make yet another roster move to cover Jackson's move to the slot because Omon is clearly a POS.

Don't sweat Lynch. Goodell is going to grant Marshawn's appeal of the suspension in favor of Momma Lynch doing a Chunky Soup commercial as a public service.

Baltimore may be desperate and the Bills don't need him. A LB or a draft pick would be a good deal. Good organizations take advantage of others at times like this. If they like Steve Johnson as much as they say they do, then there is no room for one of the following - Parrish, Reed, or Hardy. Parrish brings return ability and is more explosive after the catch. It is to soon to give up on Hardy and he has no trade value. The TE may also be a viable target this year. I like Reed but he is overpaid and may be no better than the fourth best WR on the team. Please don't post how they can keep 6 WR's. Yes they can, but the diluted playing time is a poor use of a roster spot. Pardon one disclaimer - If Hardy can't contribute at all this year it would have to be a really good trade to move Reed.

It's a great idea actually. Josh Reed is the most overrated player by many people on this board. He catches balls in the slot. Great. Who doesn't do that on other teams? Reed adds almost nothing to this team in terms of game changing ability. Anyone can play this position with Evans and TO on the outside.

Josh Reed will be the best #3 In the NFL this year. why trade him when both T.O. and Lee will be doubled? Josh Reed may this teams biggest asset right now not to mention how important it will be to have him next year.

You've gotta be smoking crack this morning?

Please tell me you aren't serious about that last bolded part of your post. Please tell me that. Was there a rave or something last night, where some of you are still high from smoking weed or something?

There’s a calm surrender to the rush of day

When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away

An enchanted moment, and it sees me through

It’s enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight

It is where we are

It’s enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we got this far

And can you feel the love tonight

How it’s laid to rest

It’s enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

There’s a time for everyone if they only learn

That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn

There’s a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors

When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

Do not feed. Just ignore.