Maybin negotiations

its a dumb thing to argue about, the Bills however, are not holding out their services the player is.

What are the Bills services?

If it's providing a paycheck, then yes they are.

I believe Maybin's agent is waiting for Crabtree and Moreno to sign before he will negotiate a contract. That means it looks like Maybin will be out for awhile. :blush:

I wonder why teams and agents don't get more creative. For instance, why not sign Maybin to a deal about on par with the #11 pick from last year with a certain percentage increase to try to approximate his draft-slot price? Then, have some kind of clause in the contract where the base salaries or bonus can get automatically adjusted by X difference b/w what Crabtree and Moreno sign for when those guys eventually sign.

I wonder why teams and agents don't get more creative. For instance, why not sign Maybin to a deal about on par with the #11 pick from last year with a certain percentage increase to try to approximate his draft-slot price? Then, have some kind of clause in the contract where the base salaries or bonus can get automatically adjusted by X difference b/w what Crabtree and Moreno sign for when those guys eventually sign.

Brandon went to St. John Fisher for a BA, not Wharton for an MBA (like the agents in general); he is overmatched as always. You go to St. John Fisher when you can't get into UB; no offense meant its just true ask a college advisor at a high school.

The agents have the upper hand; he must wait to see what the guy below gets because then he can gauge the price based on what some other GM (who is likely quite smart) paid, and know he is not getting suckered. It is likely HIM, not Maybins agent, that wants to see what #10 got and #12 got before his version of "negotiation".

It is a very sad state of affairs our guy is just a babe in the woods without the bread crumb trail.

Brandon went to St. John Fisher for a BA, not Wharton for an MBA (like the agents in general); he is overmatched as always. You go to St. John Fisher when you can't get into UB; no offense meant its just true ask a college advisor at a high school.

The agents have the upper hand; he must wait to see what the guy below gets because then he can gauge the price based on what some other GM (who is likely quite smart) paid, and know he is not getting suckered. It is likely HIM, not Maybins agent, that wants to see what #10 got and #12 got before his version of "negotiation".

It is a very sad state of affairs our guy is just a babe in the woods without the bread crumb trail.

If you're going to spew this kind of crap then please provide the college education and NFL working experience backgrounds for ALL 32 GMs in the league, please. I'm sure we'd all feel much better informed and be able to agree with your low account of Brandon after we see how the other 31 are so superior. I look forward to your research.

GO BILLS!!!

PS - I forgot to add that Brandon has nothing to do with contract negotiations. RW leaves that up to Littman (sp?).

Yep this is quantum physics for sure and Russ is just so totally incapable. Keep telling yourself that.

Its contract negotiations where most of the T's and C's are mandated by the league. The numbers are all that matter and they are slotted. The wait now is the point where both the agent and team feel comfortable that enough information about picks around Maybin is known. We all would like to get this done quicker but its one of the hazards of going to camp early. I wish they could take McLovin's #11 contract from last year..add the % increase of the rookie pool this year to the signing bonus and total salary and be done--but it doesn't work that way.

If you're going to spew this kind of crap then please provide the college education and NFL working experience backgrounds for ALL 32 GMs in the league, please. I'm sure we'd all feel much better informed and be able to agree with your low account of Brandon after we see how the other 31 are so superior. I look forward to your research.

GO BILLS!!!

PS - I forgot to add that Brandon has nothing to do with contract negotiations. RW leaves that up to Littman (sp?).

ROFL. Im so very looking forward to this information as well.

Whats the common factor in all 4 players not being here? The Buffalo Bills Front Office

What was the common factor in 4 of the last 5 first round picks not being signed on time for the start of camp? The Buffalo Bills Front Office

Its no longer a coincidence its a standard

Whats the common factor in all 4 players not being here? The Buffalo Bills Front Office

What was the common factor in 4 of the last 5 first round picks not being signed on time for the start of camp? The Buffalo Bills Front Office

Its no longer a coincidence its a standard

How many 1st and 2nd rounders are signed at the moment?

What's the common factor there?

How many of each teams 1st round picks were in camp on time the last 5 seasons?

What's the common factor?

Perhaps we need to answer those questions first.

In the meantime, I'm sure the Bills are doing everything they can NOT to sign their picks.

GO BILLS!!!

I know there are certain steps but as a fan I am really unpatient. Why cant the Bills and Maybing work out a deal and then the bar is already set for the 10th and 12th pick? They could put a clause in the contract that they could re open for negotiations if the 12pick signs for more money or something. Anything to get them in here on time!

In the meantime, I'm sure the Bills are doing everything they can NOT to sign their picks.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm with you on this bro, but let's not forget that this is the official start of "Chicken Little" season. This is the time of year when the sky starts to cave in on us allllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

How many of their teams are in camp? Zero.

That you're lost?

How many of them affect the Bills signing of their own? Zero.

That you have no clue what you're talking about?

You're right the Bills front office should never be questioned since their recent track record on this is so stellar.

GO BILLS!!!

if Brandon does not do contracts, does not do player evaluaion, is not responsible for the draft picks, can't fire the coach,

what is he responsible for??

actually it's Jim Overdorf that heads up contract negotiations, but it's very likely that Littman has veto power since he's the money man.

Good catch. Thanks for the info.

GO BILLS!!!

How many of their teams are in camp? Zero.

That you're lost?

How many of them affect the Bills signing of their own? Zero.

That you have no clue what you're talking about?

You're right the Bills front office should never be questioned since their recent track record on this is so stellar.

Right.

GO BILLS!!!

if Brandon does not do contracts, does not do player evaluaion, is not responsible for the draft picks, can't fire the coach,

what is he responsible for??

Ask Brandon.

As for the contract negotiations, ask Overdorf and Littman.

GO BILLS!!!