How Do We Win Our First Game ?

Kenwick

Tome Brady is back. New England is at home. They will be on a mission to destroy their opponents this year and they have the team to do it along with the coaching. Do the Bills have a chance to win?

Right up to game time they do. Our coaching will make the big difference in this game. We know the N.E. defense is going to try and stymie the Bills offensive line. They will show our O-line a whole new defense that will confuse our guys.

They will not know who to block both passing and in the run game. New England has done this before and they will do it again. It is up to our coaches to prepare our line and the receivers have to know what to look for. Then we can tear them apart. But it is up to the coaches in my opinion to have the guys ready. The same goes for the defense. We have the talent. But do we have the coaching to get that first win?

It is difficult for us because the way to approach beating the Pats is also the complete opposite way our team has to run in order for us to be successful.

The teams that have beaten the Pats (and I'm mostly talking about how the Giants did it in the Super Bowl) was to run run run the ball, wear down the clock, as well as the Pats defense, and limit Brady's posessions.

The way our offense has to run, imo, is a shotgun passing attack, maybe even some no huddle, or else our line and Trent Edwards are going to get killed. Running that against the Pats might score some points, but it's going to get Brady more posessions, and I don't think we'll beat them in a shootout.

Two words:

Smash Mouth!, ok it could be one!

We have to throw the gauntlet at them, do the unexpected, keep em gussing, pressure

the sh-- out of Brady, tight aggressive coverage on their recievers.

We know what we have been doing isn't working.

Go Bills!

The biggest thing is to pressure and sack Brady. The Giants showed that if you pressure him he is a totally different QB. IMO, he'll be gun shy after getting injured last year. They need to pound the ball as much as they can and as ans4e64 pointed out they will need to do a lot of shotgun. They need to go to the short passing game to set up the long ball. With Owens and Evans out there they won't be able to stack 8 men in the box.

Look for NE to set up a lot of blitzes on the first few plays. They'll be testing the new OL. If they can manhandle the line then TE needs to exploit the decreased coverage. If he can burn the blitz enough they'll stop that right quick.

Our lineman won't know who to block? It ain't that complicated. Especially if you have a smart center. I'm not saying it won't be a challenge or that they won't be beaten on some plays or that Belicheat won't find a weak point to outman at the point of attack as he usually does. But there's a difference in not being able to and not knowing who to block.

As an aside, I'm predicting Eric Wood is going to go all Conrad Dobler on Wilfork's dirty ass. Wilfork will learn he can't take the same liberties that he took with Folding Fowler, Pusssy Preston, and Do Me Dockery.

GO BILLS!!!

The biggest thing is to pressure and sack Brady. The Giants showed that if you pressure him he is a totally different QB. IMO, he'll be gun shy after getting injured last year. They need to pound the ball as much as they can and as ans4e64 pointed out they will need to do a lot of shotgun. They need to go to the short passing game to set up the long ball. With Owens and Evans out there they won't be able to stack 8 men in the box.

Look for NE to set up a lot of blitzes on the first few plays. They'll be testing the new OL. If they can manhandle the line then TE needs to exploit the decreased coverage. If he can burn the blitz enough they'll stop that right quick.

Sure, everyone knows that. Everyone's known that for the last 3 years. It doesn't mean we can do it. Every team tries to pressure Brady, hell, every team tries to pressure everybody. The Giants had one of the more elite personnel groups in the league at rushing the passer, we don't.

our experience with NE in such circumstances has us outplaying them yet still managing to lose, likely in heartbreaking fashion. Then in the second matchup we are blown out of the water.

Thankfully past performance doesn't necessarily guarantee future results...

I've heard it said that the offseason goal for the Bills is too win that MNF game. Personally, I don't think they should have so much emotionally invested in a single regular season game, even if it is on such a grand stage.

our experience with NE in such circumstances has us outplaying them yet still managing to lose, likely in heartbreaking fashion. Then in the second matchup we are blown out of the water.

Same game plan on two, on two! Break!

Tome Brady is back. New England is at home. They will be on a mission to destroy their opponents this year and they have the team to do it along with the coaching. Do the Bills have a chance to win?

Right up to game time they do. Our coaching will make the big difference in this game. We know the N.E. defense is going to try and stymie the Bills offensive line. They will show our O-line a whole new defense that will confuse our guys.

They will not know who to block both passing and in the run game. New England has done this before and they will do it again. It is up to our coaches to prepare our line and the receivers have to know what to look for. Then we can tear them apart. But it is up to the coaches in my opinion to have the guys ready. The same goes for the defense. We have the talent. But do we have the coaching to get that first win?

The book is out on Tome.

How Do We Win Our First Game?

Hire a dozen hookers to keep Brady and a few select other NE players to keep them up all night before the game and not have the legs to play. Maybe throw a few coaches in there as well so we have a chance to coach on even par with them.

Have to hope Maybin and Schobel can get pressure off the edge. The Patsies running game does not scare me. Have to check Welker at the line and Also play man to man on Moss with help from the saftey.

N.E d does not scare me either. I personally think the talent will not be able to execute for Bellicheck. N.E fall from grace begins big time this year. They have had a 10 year run at it. But i think we start to see it fade. And there will be no excuses. Brady will be there, but the talent around him will not be.

So they "need to pound the ball as much as they can" and "need to do a lot of shotgun"?

Dick Jauron versus Bill Belichick does not compute.

The Bills virtual offensive line against the Patriots front 7 does not compute.

The Bills defense is not going to force the Patriots to punt, so that takes away any run backs by Parrish.

So, by process of elimination:

The Bills win the toss, and McKelvin takes it to the house. Thereafter, each and every time the Patriots score, Leodis takes it downtown. Very simple.