Last post wins!

/dev/null

L.A.M.P. What a freaking good day.

This morning, a big meeting for the 2nd tier management (Owner of the company and then them) came in. They were using my training room to meet with a representative of IBM as it has all the bells and whistles on the projection screen (touch and such) and plenty of computers. Well someone from IT should have been there to meet with the guy. No one was, so I helped the guy from IBM get set up for the meeting. I got all the computers set up for the 4 people in the meeting and even had to foresight to post the password for each individual computer on the monitor with little labels so they would be able to unlock all the computers when they inevitably went into standby mode because no one had touched them in 15 minutes. Later after he got out of the meeting, my boss's boss walked up to me and said, "Thanks, you saved the day. I really appreciate the initiative."

So, later in the day a meeting was held for my whole department where they were essentially yelled at (not really yelling, but you get the gist) for not doing their job. We have a very laid back customer service department with tons of people that have been there for years. People (not all, maybe half) have become too relaxed. Not focused on their job basically. My boss laid down the law and even said no eating at your desk. Which is basically a punishment, that will probably be relaxed when people focus. I had known that was coming, but was not required to be in that meeting.

After that, all the floor supervisors were pulled into a meeting with my boss. It went on for two hours. They got yelled at (probably a raised voice with my boss at best) for not making the floor people focus and were called out for their behaviors (not all are goofing off but some are). That was more of a B word at session I was told. I was not in that meeting.

After that, I nervously asked my boss, "Is there a meeting for me?" as I have a unique position in the department. My boss said, "Nope, you're fine." So in a department of 62 people, 60 people were yelled at. I was not and presumably my boss was not.

:D

So in a department of 62 people, 60 people were yelled at. I was not and presumably my boss was not.

Kiss of death. You're screwed!

No, seriously, congrats. Keep up the good work.

Kiss of death. You're screwed!

No, seriously, congrats. Keep up the good work.

:lol:

"No point in yelling at him, he is not salvageable."

Thanks. I don't normally L.A.M.P., but one of my more memorable working days since joining the corporate environment. Now the day when I was a bartender with the strippers and the coke...

L.A.M.P. What a freaking good day.

This morning, a big meeting for the 2nd tier management (Owner of the company and then them) came in. They were using my training room to meet with a representative of IBM as it has all the bells and whistles on the projection screen (touch and such) and plenty of computers. Well someone from IT should have been there to meet with the guy. No one was, so I helped the guy from IBM get set up for the meeting. I got all the computers set up for the 4 people in the meeting and even had to foresight to post the password for each individual computer on the monitor with little labels so they would be able to unlock all the computers when they inevitably went into standby mode because no one had touched them in 15 minutes. Later after he got out of the meeting, my boss's boss walked up to me and said, "Thanks, you saved the day. I really appreciate the initiative."

So, later in the day a meeting was held for my whole department where they were essentially yelled at (not really yelling, but you get the gist) for not doing their job. We have a very laid back customer service department with tons of people that have been there for years. People (not all, maybe half) have become too relaxed. Not focused on their job basically. My boss laid down the law and even said no eating at your desk. Which is basically a punishment, that will probably be relaxed when people focus. I had known that was coming, but was not required to be in that meeting.

After that, all the floor supervisors were pulled into a meeting with my boss. It went on for two hours. They got yelled at (probably a raised voice with my boss at best) for not making the floor people focus and were called out for their behaviors (not all are goofing off but some are). That was more of a B word at session I was told. I was not in that meeting.

After that, I nervously asked my boss, "Is there a meeting for me?" as I have a unique position in the department. My boss said, "Nope, you're fine." So in a department of 62 people, 60 people were yelled at. I was not and presumably my boss was not.

:D

Congratulations

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

JEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs