Would you watch replacement players?

There is a lot of speculation about the possibility of a lockout in the 2011 season. I have no doubt that the owners would consider replacement players. (They used replacements in 1982 and 1987) Now I am too young to remember the replacement players so I didn't see the games nor was I old enough to make a decision to watch or not watch them.

Would you watch replacement games? I for one wouldn't want to see replacement games. I tend to side with labor over management in labor disputes so I would take the players side (Unless they are being unreasonable but even than I still wouldn't watch the replacement games).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last time I said I wouldn't watch them but when it came down too it I did watch some of them. Plus Chip Nuzzo who was 5 years behind me in school signed on with my BILLS so I did watch him some also. But I still sort of side with the players on most things. I wouldn't ever buy tickets to watch the replacement games. Just on TV.

There is a lot of speculation about the possibility of a lockout in the 2011 season. I have no doubt that the owners would consider replacement players. (They used replacements in 1982 and 1987) Now I am too young to remember the replacement players so I didn't see the games nor was I old enough to make a decision to watch or not watch them.

Would you watch replacement games? I for one wouldn't want to see replacement games. I tend to side with labor over management in labor disputes so I would take the players side (Unless they are being unreasonable but even than I still wouldn't watch the replacement games).

No. Last time I didn't watch any replacement games.

Sure. I can't imagine replacement nfl game broadcasts being more cheesy than they already are.

After attending the games in 1987, never again!!

Personally, I'd prefer Johnny Utah to Falco. Who could forget that choke job Falco pulled back in the day. If Utah can rehab that knee and fully recover, he can do big things.

I don't know Foot steps Falco seemed to forge a bond with his team he reminds me of a young Brett Favre. Falco drops back looks around like a kid playing in his back yard and forces a throw into double coverage or runs when there is a man open. Falco always seems to have fun out there. Utah on the other hand has exceptional skills due to his work with the FBI.

Would you watch replacement players?, Its still football right?

If you watched it the last time around, you would know it was horrible, barely watchable, amateur football. The Bills were whipped in the first game 47-6 by Gary Hogeboom and the Indianapolis Colts at Rick Stadium. The next game was closer, but still a loss. In the 3rd game, rookie's Leon "Dr. Sack" Seals, Keith McKeller, and Rob Riddick crossed the line to help the Bills defeat Lawrence Taylor and the Giants 6-3 on a Tim Schlopy OT FG with 19 seconds left. Their were a combined 9 turnovers, 7 by the Bills, in that game. Brutal football!

They used replacements in 1982 and 1987)

Scabs were not used in the 82 strike ( don't get me started on Rosie Leaks fumble in Tampa keeping us out of the playoffs that year).

Anyway, I am watching if the the Uni says Buffalp Bills! I had seasons in 87, and went dutifully went to the home game agaisn't the Gints ( was out of town for the other game). Me and the other 5,000 chuckleheads at that game had the staduim to ourselves practically. It was a 4.00pm game, left wiechecs at 3.30..in our seats with 5 minutes to spare.

In 1982 the games were cancelled.

I may be the only one here, but I would PREFER to watch the replacement players. I think it would be cool and I would accept the change for a while, especially if it got a point across. I am young enough I would even try out for the team if they held tryouts. I think replacement players would show the current overpaid players that they are not necessarily needed. (Spending on player salaries may eventually force the bills out of buffalo)