Runyan and Levi Jones

We most definitely should.

Which means we wont.

The Bills FO is shockingly set at LT and OLB when there are veteran upgrades available. What really gets me is the OLB spot. Derrick Brooks, Marcus Washington and Boss Bailey are all FAs and have experience in the Cover 2. Hell, Derrick Brooks practically IS the ultimate Cover 2 OLB. And yet we do nothing. Now I know that injuries and age come into question with these late free agency additions, but nobody can convince me that one of those guys on our roster (as long as they pass their physical) would be a bad thing during the season.

Even as backup options or camp competition, these guys are worth a shot.

But instead, we'll have an entire offseason to hear how amazing Nic Harris and Alvin Bowen are.

I think we should take a shot on one of these guys and bring them into camp as depth. they are solid veterans and provide great depth and competition at our weak tackle positions

Don't think Runyan wants to spend what could be playing his last season on a team that would use him as a backup. He wants to start and once he shows teams he has come back from his injury a team will offer him a starting job.

As for Levi Jones I was initially for signing him. BUT I just don't see the need unless you bring him in to replace Walker. Than you have Walker be the bench player. Jones wants too much money and he wants to start both of which are big concerns for the Bills who seem comfortable with Walker being a stop gap at that position.

Just don't see the Bills adding a big name Lineman to the roster at this point even if only for depth. If the Bills have one ace up their sleeve it might be a signing at the linebacker position.

Which means we wont.

The Bills FO is shockingly set at LT and OLB when there are veteran upgrades available. What really gets me is the OLB spot. Derrick Brooks, Marcus Washington and Boss Bailey are all FAs and have experience in the Cover 2. Hell, Derrick Brooks practically IS the ultimate Cover 2 OLB. And yet we do nothing. Now I know that injuries and age come into question with these late free agency additions, but nobody can convince me that one of those guys on our roster (as long as they pass their physical) would be a bad thing during the season.

But instead, we'll have an entire offseason to hear how amazing Nic Harris and Alvin Bowen are.

Well I think they will sign a OLB in late free agency because the way they pursued Pisa to me shows me that the front office and coaching staff aren't high on Ellison.

I think we should take a shot on one of these guys and bring them into camp as depth. they are solid veterans and provide great depth and competition at our weak tackle positions

I don't know why Buffalo wouldn't but you have to realize no other teams have yet and it makes you wonder why.

Which means we wont.

I don't know about Brooks being an upgrade. Living here in Orlando I saw him at training camp, as well as a lot during the season. He is a shadow of what he was.

Well I think they will sign a OLB in late free agency because the way they pursued Pisa to me shows me that the front office and coaching staff aren't high on Ellison.

I think this fact is what frustrates me the most. The Bills CLEARLY wanted to upgrade their OLB spot, even wanted to do so as late as a month ago when the whole Pisa thing went down.

They brought in Jamie Winborn, Cato June, Freddy Keiaho, Mike Peterson, re-visited with Angelo Crowell and then Pisa Tinoisamoa during the offseason and signed none of them. Now maybe they offered them lowball contracts or no contracts at all...but the fact is they obviously weren't satisfied with their OLB corps.

So why, all of a sudden, did we stop looking? It just drives me nuts to have a team that is looking to upgrade a huge weakness, has several potential additions just sitting there in free agency...and nothing comes of it.

Both players have injury concerns and are not healthy enough to play. If they improve closer to camp you might see Runyan re-signed by the Eagles.

I think this fact is what frustrates me the most. The Bills CLEARLY wanted to upgrade their OLB spot, even wanted to do so as late as a month ago when the whole Pisa thing went down.

They brought in Jamie Winborn, Cato June, Freddy Keiaho, Mike Peterson, re-visited with Angelo Crowell and then Pisa Tinoisamoa during the offseason and signed none of them. Now maybe they offered them lowball contracts or no contracts at all...but the fact is they obviously weren't satisfied with their OLB corps.

So why, all of a sudden, did we stop looking? It just drives me nuts to have a team that is looking to upgrade a huge weakness, has several potential additions just sitting there in free agency...and nothing comes of it.

Well I think Boss Bailey and Derrick Brooks are both available so while chances are slim that they will sign its still a possibility that we can bring in a OLB to replace Ellison. My ideal choice for OLB is Boss Bailey he is good when healthy I think it is worth taking a chance on the guy because even if he gets injured its worth taking the chance on a possible upgrade at a position of weakness.

As for Levi Jones I was initially for signing him. BUT I just don't see the need unless you bring him in to replace Walker. Than you have Walker be the bench player. Jones wants too much money and he wants to start both of which are big concerns for the Bills who seem comfortable with Walker being a stop gap at that position.

If Walker is just a stop gap at LT, and I don't think a very good one, then why not bring in Jones once he's healthy as our stop gap? Then we put Walker where he belongs on the right side, and Butler can play Guard while the 2 rookies battle it out for the other starting guard spot. Jones-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker is a better line for this season if you ask me. Then maybe Bell or a 1st round LT for next year.

Disclaimer: This assumes Jones gets healthy and passes a physical.

The Bills do not spend money for depth. Or scouting, or strength and conditioning. Which is why they are stupid cheap, versus smart cheap. And why they suck consistently.

drayton florence, dominic rhodes?

Well I think Boss Bailey and Derrick Brooks are both available so while chances are slim that they will sign its still a possibility that we can bring in a OLB to replace Ellison. My ideal choice for OLB is Boss Bailey he is good when healthy I think it is worth taking a chance on the guy because even if he gets injured its worth taking the chance on a possible upgrade at a position of weakness.

Year Team GP GS Tack Solo Ast Sac FF FR Int Yds Lng TD Pass Def.

2003 Detroit Lions 16 16 88 77 11 1.5 0 0 1 -2 -2 0 6

2004 Detroit Lions 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

2005 Detroit Lions 11 11 59 39 20 1.0 0 0 1 34 34 1 3

2006 Detroit Lions 16 12 67 51 16 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

2007 Detroit Lions 15 12 51 37 14 3.5 1 0 0 0 0 0 2

2008 Denver Broncos 6 6 40 31 9 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

Total 65 58 311 218 62 7.0 2 0 2 32 34 1 13

First off, he's rarely healthy. Secondly, Even when healthy, he's not very good. Average player at best. much like Keith Ellison, but his brother is a stud, so people overrate him.

Eillsons stats:

Year Team G Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng

2008 Buffalo Bills 16 73 49 24 0.0 -- 2 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2007 Buffalo Bills 12 39 27 12 1.0 -- 5 1 0 4 4.0 4

2006 Buffalo Bills 14 65 33 32 1.0 -- 1 1 0 7 7.0 7

Year Team GP GS Tack Solo Ast Sac FF FR Int Yds Lng TD Pass Def.

2003 Detroit Lions 16 16 88 77 11 1.5 0 0 1 -2 -2 0 6

2004 Detroit Lions 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

2005 Detroit Lions 11 11 59 39 20 1.0 0 0 1 34 34 1 3

2006 Detroit Lions 16 12 67 51 16 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

2007 Detroit Lions 15 12 51 37 14 3.5 1 0 0 0 0 0 2

2008 Denver Broncos 6 6 40 31 9 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

Total 65 58 311 218 62 7.0 2 0 2 32 34 1 13

First off, he's rarely healthy. Secondly, Even when healthy, he's not very good. Average player at best. much like Keith Ellison, but his brother is a stud, so people overrate him.

Eillsons stats:

Year Team G Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng

2008 Buffalo Bills 16 73 49 24 0.0 -- 2 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2007 Buffalo Bills 12 39 27 12 1.0 -- 5 1 0 4 4.0 4

2006 Buffalo Bills 14 65 33 32 1.0 -- 1 1 0 7 7.0 7

OK you caught me saying Boss Bailey is Good was a little much. But I feel that when healthy he is a slightly above average OLB. To me Eillson is a slightly below average starter. Its not a huge difference but its a noticeable difference. To me take a chance hope to get lightning in a bottle and sign Boss Bailey to a low ball deal and if he gets hurt just put Eillson in.

The Bills need to take a chance at upgrading the position at least in my opinion. The coaching staff and FO don't have the best job security and they should be looking for any upgrades that can come at the right price. To me Boss Bailey is an upgrade at a good price.

Also Bailey is young and maybe hasn't played his best football yet so its not like he is a old big name that doesn't offer much of an upgrade. He is young and better by a noticeable margin over what we have and could improve with a new system and more experience. Injuries are a concern but one you have to overlook and take a chance on. After all you have to pay the cost to be the Boss.

If Walker is just a stop gap at LT, and I don't think a very good one, then why not bring in Jones once he's healthy as our stop gap? Then we put Walker where he belongs on the right side, and Butler can play Guard while the 2 rookies battle it out for the other starting guard spot. Jones-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker is a better line for this season if you ask me. Then maybe Bell or a 1st round LT for next year.

Disclaimer: This assumes Jones gets healthy and passes a physical.

Don't get me wrong I would be all for taking a chance on Levi Jones but the team has a lot of money wrapped up in Walker (Over 3 million a year) and Jones wants a decent amount of money so giving a guy a few million (I will assume Jones is going to cost 2 to 3 million a year with incentives). So either you cut Walker or have him compete with Jones for the spot and than have a pissed off guy on the bench.

Than if you release Walker and Jones gets injured you are stuck with Kirk Chambers or Bell at LT. Now if you go with a line of Jones-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker there is one issue I think the coaching staff would have with that and thats Levitre would be on the bench and I think that they want to try to have the unit of Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler be playing with each other for a long time.

I also think the coaching staff feels Butler is a tackle and want him there for the long haul. I know its a win now league but I think the reasons for Levi Jones not being on the team simply boil down to money and wanting Butler at RT and wanting both Wood and Levitre to start.