Bills Preview

Link

Pretty decent analysis I think.

I agree, one of the best written previews of the Bills I've read so far. The hopeful thing about the Bills this season, is that logical well thought out reasonable previews like this one are written about teams that should finish around .500 and certainly out of the playoffs every summer and early fall. However, one or two of them rise above the mediocre predictions somehow and finish 10-6-0 or 11-5-0 making the playoffs out of nowhere, every season. Let's hope the Bills come together and are one of those one or two teams this season.

Buffalo's strengths lie within the skill positions. The OL and pass rush are still big question marks going into the regular season, especially considering rookies will be expected to make the difference. Turk does have to devise a way to get the ball out of Edwards' hand or else I've got a feeling it'll be a long season.

The last few seasons, Buffalo has relied heavily on rookies to start or play significant time. As the writer pointed out, the front office hasn't had a problem with this in the past. I like how the author pointed out that there could be a link between plenty of youth and salary constraints.

Link

Pretty decent analysis I think.

Pretty realistic take and says what most on TBD say, its going to come down to how well the lines play...

But, I found these points interesting as these are some players I have heard posters question...

"And fourth-year pro Kyle Williams has emerged as one of the preeminent run-defenders in the NFL. Williams doesn’t have Stroud’s size or explosive strength, but he shows better leverage and makes a ton of plays on second effort."

"This would also allow veteran strong safety Bryan Scott to start and continue the resurgence of his once-promising career."

"The group is headlined by third-year stud Paul Posluszny, a classic Mike ‘Backer who thrives in this Cover 2 scheme."

Qualitative review. The present and near future capabilities of the Bills hinge on a brand new, no-name OL. If injuries or busts occur, DJ & Co. will likely go and it's back to the drawing board.. IMO, the promising careers of the fine, young talent assembled since the TD era hangs in the balance here. We either finally break out, or break up with finality.

Very good read. I agree with quite a bit of this. I do think even though our OL is younger and unproven it has gotten meaner, nastier and smarter in the middle. The bookends may be better to switch and put Butler at LT and keep Walker at RT. That way we dont really have to worry about the RT spot much. But I dont think Butler can handle the LT job. Time and practice will tell. I especially like what he said about Lynch. Ive been saying this all along. I like Lynch, he just seems too stupid to run any other way than Beast Mode.

"Lynch plays with a reckless abandonment, though often it’s the type of reckless abandonment you see from a guy who hasn’t a clue how to read the field. To be an elite runner, Lynch must become more patient and do a better job of diagnosing defenses."

Thanks, I had that site saved before but couldnt find it.

WOW I didnt think McKelvin was that good at returns this past year.

He has a non-chalant approach to his returns. I, too, didn't think he was 'all that' last year, given his deceptive speed and seemingly waiting for a hole to open. It kinda takes a second look to see how much yardage gets behind him by the time he's tackled. He's great at returns, but currently, I think more praise should go to April for the scheme.

When a hole pops open, Leodis will take it home. :lol:

He has a non-chalant approach to his returns. I, too, didn't think he was 'all that' last year, given his deceptive speed and seemingly waiting for a hole to open. It kinda takes a second look to see how much yardage gets behind him by the time he's tackled. He's great at returns, but currently, I think more praise should go to April for the scheme.

When a hole pops open, Leodis will take it home. :lol:

In talking to Coach April at an clinic here in Pittsburgh, he said Leodis is a very cerebral runner, which led to him taking a while to get the scheme - he is looking for where the blocking is, what hole to hit and how fast to get there, albeit at a very fast clip. Roscoe is more instinctual, he will attack the punt team and force them even if they're in position to account for his suddenness and speed. To him, they're the perfect pair at return for each type of return - and why I personally thought they wouldn't trade Roscoe this off-season at least.

In talking to Coach April at an clinic here in Pittsburgh, he said Leodis is a very cerebral runner, which led to him taking a while to get the scheme -

Thank you for confirming this! I thought he looked 'tentative' in his early returns, but man when he got it, he really got it!

In talking to Coach April at an clinic here in Pittsburgh, he said Leodis is a very cerebral runner, which led to him taking a while to get the scheme - he is looking for where the blocking is, what hole to hit and how fast to get there, albeit at a very fast clip. Roscoe is more instinctual, he will attack the punt team and force them even if they're in position to account for his suddenness and speed. To him, they're the perfect pair at return for each type of return - and why I personally thought they wouldn't trade Roscoe this off-season at least.

Interesting stuff.

Solid analysis it sounds like whoever wrote it actually knows the team. Unlike most national writers who simply say TO is on the Bills but JP is gone and their o-line is reshuffled so 7-9. They simply say those things and pack it in. This went deeper and actually was a pretty good read.