Pansy QBs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommie* Bundchen* has to top the list of girlyman QBs. I remember seeing Tommie-Boy* scrambling under pressure from Chris Kelsay and, rather than unloading the ball and risk being hit, the girly-man just sat down on the field. Just gave up on the play and sat right down on his ass, right there in the backfield. What a freakin' wuss. (Tough luck for him - Kelsay unloaded on him anyway, drawing the 15-yard personal foul. Had to be worth it. I'd do the same. Way to go Chris! ;) )

Wuss or no wuss, there is one incontrovertible statement of fact -

Funny, a few of the names that came up in the toughest QB thread, have come up in this thread. ;)

When it comes to Pansy QBs, I'm trying to think of the ones in the NFL today. Garcia strikes me as a pretty tough quarterback, so I wouldn't call him out.

Chad Pennington and Matt Leinart seem pretty soft. Same with Eli Manning, but he earned my respect from his Super Bowl performance. Trent Edwards doesn't seem tough, but it's hard to guage because I'm not a football player, so what do I know about his injuries. Nobody else that I can think of out there right now.

Funny, a few of the names that came up in the toughest QB thread, have come up in this thread. ;)

When it comes to Pansy QBs, I'm trying to think of the ones in the NFL today. Garcia strikes me as a pretty tough quarterback, so I wouldn't call him out.

Chad Pennington and Matt Leinart seem pretty soft. Same with Eli Manning, but he earned my respect from his Super Bowl performance. Trent Edwards doesn't seem tough, but it's hard to guage because I'm not a football player, so what do I know about his injuries. Nobody else that I can think of out there right now.

Not a player who ever made it to the NFL begins to qualify. Anybody that can stand in there with a 300 pound lineman who can run a 4.7 coming full speed at you and can make a team is tougher than 99% of the posters here and the other 1% of the posters will die young.

Not a player who ever made it to the NFL begins to qualify. Anybody that can stand in there with a 300 pound lineman who can run a 4.7 coming full speed at you and can make a team is tougher than 99% of the posters here and the other 1% of the posters will die young.

So I guess I was wrong about McNair.

Am I getting close to it not being too soon yet?

So I guess I was wrong about McNair.

Am I getting close to it not being too soon yet?

Your humor is fine. You know you are being ridiculous. It is the tweens that try to judge the toughness of NFL quarterbacks I find rather silly.

Your humor is fine. You know you are being ridiculous. It is the tweens that try to judge the toughness of NFL quarterbacks I find rather silly.

It's actually my commentary about how bunged up people get about "famous" people dying. "Hey I've heard of that person and he just died....I'm a saaaaad Panda."

You date, screw, love or hang out with people that are !@#$ing crazy enough to buy a gun and blow your brains out you greatly increase your chances of getting your brains blown out.

It's actually my commentary about how bunged up people get about "famous" people dying. "Hey I've heard of that person and he just died....I'm a saaaaad Panda."

You date, screw, love or hang out with people that are !@#$ing crazy enough to buy a gun and blow your brains out you greatly increase your chances of getting your brains blown out.

or if you decide that your sleep aid of choice is used in operations to REALLY keep people asleep it is possible you might never wake up... I get it

I shudder to call ANY NFL player a pansy...having said that, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Vince Young. He basically refused to play because the hometown fans started booing him in one game.

I'm sure he's no wimp from a physical standpoint, but any pro athlete who can't handle getting booed doesn't get much respect from me.

Ok, big deal. You're missing the point here. We're comparing these guys to other NFL quarterbacks. By your logic, nobody could say any pro athlete sucks at anything, because they're better than 99% of the posters here.

It's like when people say, for instance, that JP (Losman) sucks. Of course he's probably a better quarterback than all of the posters on this board, but it doesn't mean people can't say that he sucks .

Ok, big deal. You're missing the point here. We're comparing these guys to other NFL quarterbacks. By your logic, nobody could say any pro athlete sucks at anything, because they're better than 99% of the posters here.

It's like when people say, for instance, that JP (Losman) sucks. Of course he's probably a better quarterback than all of the posters on this board, but it doesn't mean people can't say that he sucks .

Saying that a player "sucks" as compared to calling him a "pansy" are two different things. One questions his ability, the other questions his toughness. There are plenty of NFL players who lack the ability to play in the league. There are few that lack the toughness. About the only position that qualifies as lacking the toughness might be some highly athletic cornerbacks that will just not play the physical game that is the NFL. Even they are tough. I will buy some NFL Qb's are not as tough as others, but calling them a pansy is way over the line.

Chris Chandler a/k/a "Crystal Chandelier". Always liked that nickname. :doh:

Also Jim Harbaugh, for getting decked by Jim Kelly (yeah, Jimbo's tough...but still...)

And Rob Johnson, the only QB I've ever seen listed on an injury report as questionable with a strained ass.

Actually, Harbaugh threw a punch at Kelly and broke his hand. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-746436.html

In keeping with the topic of the thread, to me the biggest pansy QB of all time: Bert Jones! Remember, the Colts used to be in Baltimore, Baltimore was in our division, not hated as much as the Dolphins at the time, but there was no love fest going on either. Bert Jones was the biggest cry baby of all time!

In keeping with the topic of the thread, to me the biggest pansy QB of all time: Bert Jones! Remember, the Colts used to be in Baltimore, Baltimore was in our division, not hated as much as the Dolphins at the time, but there was no love fest going on either. Bert Jones was the biggest cry baby of all time!

Ummm.... NO. Jones if he didn't have two bad knees may have gone into the history books as one of the best QB's ever. The guy took a pounding and was flat out the best player at the position for about a 3-4 year run.

Ummm.... NO. Jones if he didn't have two bad knees may have gone into the history books as one of the best QB's ever. The guy took a pounding and was flat out the best player at the position for about a 3-4 year run.

:doh::D:worthy: Absolutely!

Because he was injured so soon, he is seldom noted as being one of the most talented qbs to ever take the field. He won a lot of games on a team that wasn't so great either. His skillset was right there with that of John Elway.

I shudder to call ANY NFL player a pansy...having said that, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Vince Young. He basically refused to play because the hometown fans started booing him in one game.

I'm sure he's no wimp from a physical standpoint, but any pro athlete who can't handle getting booed doesn't get much respect from me.

You shudder? Remember kickers.

Jeff Garcia has gotten the crap pounded out of himself on the football field and he gets up and plays the game.

I agree. Garcia has always been a gamer. Keeps his mouth shut and does the job. No way he fits the mold. I guess this is because of some of the things TO said about him?