2nd Stimulus?

In other words, exactly as it should be because there is no collusion, and just like 100 other huge corporations who don't have their Republican CEO sitting on his Economic Advisory Board.

Except for that pesky little conflict of interest where the CEO of a company that stands to make a killing from the administration's energy policy advises the administration on energy policy.

Or is that only bad when Bush does it?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have been reading the news, the Obama Administration hates GE these days, and vice versa.

All I've read in the news is that some pop star died.

If Obama really hates GE, then he should ask Immelt to leave his advisory board, no? Well, maybe they don't really hate each other. Maybe they're just having a lovers spat.

Isn't everything? Buncha noodle-eating pansy-ass flouncing little chianti-snorting fags. They're the Irish of the Mediterannean.

Maybe so, but they're noodle-eating pansy-ass flouncing little chianti-snorting fags who, in the end, managed to get Diane Lane.

At least in the movie. Or so I'm told.

Except for that pesky little conflict of interest where the CEO of a company that stands to make a killing from the administration's energy policy advises the administration on energy policy.

Oh, please. Immelt is just one in a long list of economic advisers. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest he's an outside advisor.

You know what would have been funny? If Halliburton owned Fox News.

One would think you would be smart enough NOT to do that, ESPECIALLY when you are attempting to ridicule the other person. Most people would not only attack you but your kids as well. Simply a warning that went WAY over your head. Dumb F&%$!!

No, "most people" would not do that.

We simply disagree. And as usual on this board, people take their disagreement way to far. I believe that the government is attempting to correct this problem. Hopefully something will catch and the economy will turn around. And then maybe you will have all of that liberty you lost back. Oh wait a minute in the genius that is you... let's all do nothing. Everything will be just fineeeeeeee. ;)

Who said you didn't have a sense of humor? I needed that. The government is always in the habit of returning rights and money that it takes--that's good sh-- man. I'm still smiling. Thanks.

Oh, please. Immelt is just one in a long list of economic advisers. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest he's an outside advisor.

You know what would have been funny? If Halliburton owned Fox News.

Ooooh, oooh, wait, I know this one...

"But that's different!"

Rest in peace, Billy Mays.

When's HIS memorial service?

I think it was just held in the Canandaigua Performing Arts Center. About 800 people showed up to get 45 available tickets. His body was rolled onto the stage in a copper-plated casket while Terry Jacks performed "Seasons in the Sun." It was aired on the Sci-Fi channel at 3 a.m.

Very emotional.

I think it was just held in the Canandaigua Performing Arts Center. About 800 people showed up to get 45 available tickets. His body was rolled onto the stage in a copper-plated casket while Terry Jacks performed "Seasons in the Sun." It was aired on the Sci-Fi channel at 3 a.m.

Very emotional.

But wait.

If you stuck around until 3:30, you got to see bonus coverage of Steve McNair's memorial service, all at no additional cost (plus the customary service & handling fee)

That's not the half of it.

Here's the occupational distribution of the presidents economic advisors:

3 Industry (GE, Catapiller, and Oracle)

4 Academics (2 economists, a business school dean, and a CIO)

1 SEC

5 Financial Services (3 investment services, one realty investment, and a VC now specializing in clean technology and electric cars)

2 Unions

1 Spanish media empire

I find the relative lack of industry voices anything but inspiring. There is plenty of Ivy, Union Halls, and Wall Street, but where is Main Street? Which of these clowns are going to have anything practical to contribute about restoring our manufacturing base? Or invigorating small businesses? I see the unions - where are the business associations?

Very emotional.

;):D

Just in case any of you knuckleheads forgot the lyrics:

Goodbye to you my trusted friend

We've known each other since we were nine or ten

Together we've climbed hills and trees

Learned of love and ABC's

Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees

Goodbye my friend it's hard to die

When all the birds are singing in the sky

Now that spring is in the air

Pretty girls are everywhere

Think of me and I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun

we had seasons in the sun

But the hills that we climbed

Were just seasons out of time

Goodbye Papa please pray for me

I was the black sheep of the family

You tried to teach me right from wrong

Too much wine and too much song

Wonder how I got along

Goodbye Papa it's hard to die

Now that the spring is in the air

Little children everywhere

When you see them, I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun

We had seasons in the sun

But the wine and the song

Like the seasons have all gone

We had joy, we had fun

We had seasons in the sun

But the wine and the song

Like the seasons have all gone

Goodbye Michelle my little one

You gave me love and helped me find the sun

And every time that I was down

You would always come around

And get my feet back on the ground

Goodbye Michelle it's hard to die

Now that the spring is in the air

With the flowers everywhere

I wish that we could both be there

I don't recall bashing Bush for having CEOs of energy companies advising him on energy. Actually, I would want CEOs of financial companies advising any President on financial services, I would want Deans of Universities advising any President on Education Policy, I would want CEOs of Health Care Industries advising the President on Health Care policy, etc.

I don't think I want CEOs of defense contractors advising the President on Foreign Policy, however. ;)

I have a college Degree and I work for a Union. My work is done primarily between Organizing, Communications/Marketing and IT. Is that good?

Wow, that's pretty vague. So in other words, you aren't even one of the guys who actually make something for their inflated wage. You're milking off the 'dues' those guys pay. Do you at least get to tell the thugs whose arm to break during the "organizing"?

I simply don't blinders on when it comes to Labor.

Except that you do. I think they are same blinders you have on when discussing any other topic.

Wow, that's pretty vague. So in other words, you aren't even one of the guys who actually make something for their inflated wage. You're milking off the 'dues' those guys pay. Do you at least get to tell the thugs whose arm to break during the "organizing"?

Except that you do. I think they are same blinders you have on when discussing any other topic.

No blinders at all. I unlike you can see differences in all sides. Especially unions.

Now on to your failed attempt to bash my career. What is that you do again... oh that's right avoiding again? As far as milking off of union dues. NO. I earn the money I make. My career path also has me working in other areas outside of the union on a freelance level... again EARNING the money I make. I am what you call skilled labor.

Again... how about you? Let me blast your career.

No, "most people" would not do that.

Who said you didn't have a sense of humor? I needed that. The government is always in the habit of returning rights and money that it takes--that's good sh-- man. I'm still smiling. Thanks.

Now on to this email. i would not do that either. Again, simply saying that SOME people would do that. People should not mention their children in their posts.

Keeping living on the side of the government is always trying to take away my rights.

No blinders at all. I unlike you can see differences in all sides. Especially unions.

Now on to your failed attempt to bash my career. What is that you do again... oh that's right avoiding again? As far as milking off of union dues. NO. I earn the money I make. My career path also has me working in other areas outside of the union on a freelance level... again EARNING the money I make. I am what you call skilled labor.

Again... how about you? Let me blast your career.

I told you two weeks ago. I see your memory is on par with everything else. Now let's see you do some freelance work and dig out the post.

Hopefully something will catch and the economy will turn around.

Good plan.

Now on to this email. i would not do that either. Again, simply saying that SOME people would do that. People should not mention their children in their posts.

Keeping living on the side of the government is always trying to take away my rights.

The government doesn't grant rights--it only takes them away.

Every once in a while--extremely rarely--the government returns a right that people already had or should have had.

That's how government works. In the US, the government's ability to take rights is somewhat hampered by the system it operates under. Right now, however, the Dems are on a power-grab with their majority. Good luck undoing it.

I told you two weeks ago. I see your memory is on par with everything else. Now let's see you do some freelance work and dig out the post.

Good plan.

Better yet. I don't have time for those who constantly think they are better than others... all the while trying to compensate for a lack in another area.

Good plan... what do you have genius. Again, an example of the many on this board. Thinking they know all yet no credentials to back up their own thoughts.

The government doesn't grant rights--it only takes them away.

Every once in a while--extremely rarely--the government returns a right that people already had or should have had.

That's how government works. In the US, the government's ability to take rights is somewhat hampered by the system it operates under. Right now, however, the Dems are on a power-grab with their majority. Good luck undoing it.

I'll admit that you may be right on some levels. After all it has happened under other administrations. Just funny how now people are vert upset about it.

Whether you believe in them or not. I do believe that the checks and balances can and will work within our government.

Side note: It's easier to discuss things with you and respect your opinion when you are not attacking the other person. We all have different beliefs and opinions. Right or wrong, we are entitled to them.

Better yet. I don't have time for those who constantly think they are better than others... all the while trying to compensate for a lack in another area.

Good plan... what do you have genius. Again, an example of the many on this board. Thinking they know all yet no credentials to back up their own thoughts.

Hmmm....but yet you have time to respond to every single post. What are you trying to compensate for there? Inferiority complex?