2nd Stimulus?

Also, WTF is Jeffrey Immelt doing on that board? ;)

Nothing. Nothing at all. It's not like he has anything to gain from using his company to promote Obama's cap-n-trade and health care agenda. That's just another silly, right-wing, Bill O'Reilly conspiracy theory talking point garbage that has no basis in fact.

Besides, the advisory board has met, what? Once, maybe? There's no harm here. Nothing to see. Everything's cool.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerned about government power grab in the United States. No. I have faith in the checks and balances our government has in place. I also do not believe that the administration is trying to do that. I believe that they and partly the one before... right or wrong were/are trying to fix this mess. No conspiracy theory or other agenda here.

I am completely happy that your children do not follow in my footsteps. Wouldn't want them to be misguided and think that the government is always out to get them. Keep in mind that other people out there may verbally attack your family after you attempt to give them tongue lashing. Might want to keep your family out of your dumb ass posts.

So you're okay with the senior creditors of a company having their rights stripped away by nothing more than executive fiat?

So you're okay with the senior creditors of a company having their rights stripped away by nothing more than executive fiat?

I don't have to be worried about it, because I don't understand what you just wrote.

Yes, must teach them that evil corporations are always out to get them.

Don't worry....the government and evil corporations are now one in the same. Now we can all be paranoid together.

Someone asked why Immelt was on the advisory board....????

Speaking of checks and balances, the 2nd Amendment is a pretty good one. I can sense people that were willing to give this administration a shot at the beginning are now losing patience, and fast. I think perceptive folks can see the true colors shining through. Smoke and mirrors only work for so long.

Hmmm....that's twice you've dodged his basic question. Also seems to me you wanted to know what I did for a living a while back but never responded in kind. Why is that?

Yes, must teach them that evil corporations are always out to get them.

I have a college Degree and I work for a Union. My work is done primarily between Organizing, Communications/Marketing and IT. Is that good?

So what did you do again? ;):D

Never teach anything about evil corporations. I simply don't blinders on when it comes to Labor.

Nothing. Nothing at all. It's not like he has anything to gain from using his company to promote Obama's cap-n-trade and health care agenda. That's just another silly, right-wing, Bill O'Reilly conspiracy theory talking point garbage that has no basis in fact.

Besides, the advisory board has met, what? Once, maybe? There's no harm here. Nothing to see. Everything's cool.

Ya, nevermind their Healthcare and Energy Infrastructure unit, it must all be a loony conspiracy.

If you have been reading the news, the Obama Administration hates GE these days, and vice versa.

If you have been reading the news, the Obama Administration hates GE these days, and vice versa.

That because of GE Capital?

GE's so huge, they're bound to be conflicted over the administration. CNBC and GE Capital have no love for Obama, while GE Transportation might, and NBC and their energy divisions most likely do.

Hate is a strong word, I don't see Obama or his administration using those words.

As much as one can infer that just because Immelt sits on a board that there is some collusion going on and that the President is going to give GE some favortism. The Administration is going after huge companies, including GE, and GE is the first big one to strike back hard and publicly denounce the idea. Their stock took a huge hit when it was announced.

Immelt wants to keep GE Capital as is pretty bad from what I have read. That hardly seems like Immelt and Obama are lovey dovey in bed with each other as LA and others like to assume. I would assume Immelt and his board are furious over this. They could lose a huge chunk of money that often offsets its larger business when it isn't doing well.

But there is nothing to see here, because everything is so cozy between GE and Obama, right?

As much as one can infer that just because Immelt sits on a board that there is some collusion going on and that the President is going to give GE some favortism. The Administration is going after huge companies, including GE, and GE is the first big one to strike back hard and publicly denounce the idea. Their stock took a huge hit when it was announced.

Immelt wants to keep GE Capital as is pretty bad from what I have read. That hardly seems like Immelt and Obama are lovey dovey in bed with each other as LA and others like to assume. I would assume Immelt and his board are furious over this. They could lose a huge chunk of money that often offsets its larger business when it isn't doing well.

But there is nothing to see here, because everything is so cozy between GE and Obama, right?

Hey, I was talking about hate, and how I couldn't see Obama or his administration using those words. However, I could see him using the word love, and how he could love something, but not hate. ;)

However I do believe that your response would of been better suited to answer this one:

GE's so huge, they're bound to be conflicted over the administration. CNBC and GE Capital have no love for Obama, while GE Transportation might, and NBC and their energy divisions most likely do.

Btw, GE stock has been taking a huge plunge ever since Immelt has been in charge.

In other words, exactly as it should be because there is no collusion, and just like 100 other huge corporations who don't have their Republican CEO sitting on his Economic Advisory Board.

Concerned about government power grab in the United States. No. I have faith in the checks and balances our government has in place. I also do not believe that the administration is trying to do that. I believe that they and partly the one before... right or wrong were/are trying to fix this mess. No conspiracy theory or other agenda here.

I am completely happy that your children do not follow in my footsteps. Wouldn't want them to be misguided and think that the government is always out to get them. Keep in mind that other people out there may verbally attack your family after you attempt to give them tongue lashing. Might want to keep your family out of your dumb ass posts.

'the !@#$ are you talking about?

Here's the point. You're a top-10 dumbest poster on PPP. Based on your lack of education and intelligence, I would not want my children to follow in your footsteps. If you would be so hurt by that to turn it into an attack on my children, in addition to being stupid, you'd be classless. Which you may be.

The government is at least 90% of the time, part of the problem. As to the good intentions of some of the people in government, I'd say they are paving a road to a cliched destination. It's not a conspiracy--just a fact. There's a massive power-grab going on and it's very costly in terms of dollars and liberty.

The good news is that to paraphrase my pal Dwight Drane (gulp), some people are wising up to Obama's shenanigans. Several recent polls show that Independents, who generally decide the presidency, have decidedly swung in opposition to Obama since the election--something like 66% approval to 40% approval in just 6 months. That will be a problem at the mid-terms and an even bigger one in 2012.

'the !@#$ are you talking about?

Here's the point. You're a top-10 dumbest poster on PPP. Based on your lack of education and intelligence, I would not want my children to follow in your footsteps. If you would be so hurt by that to turn it into an attack on my children, in addition to being stupid, you'd be classless. Which you may be.

The government is at least 90% of the time, part of the problem. As to the good intentions of some of the people in government, I'd say they are paving a road to a cliched destination. It's not a conspiracy--just a fact. There's a massive power-grab going on and it's very costly in terms of dollars and liberty.

The good news is that to paraphrase my pal Dwight Drane (gulp), some people are wising up to Obama's shenanigans. Several recent polls show that Independents, who generally decide the presidency, have decidedly swung in opposition to Obama since the election--something like 66% approval to 40% approval in just 6 months. That will be a problem at the mid-terms and an even bigger one in 2012.

Since you are utterly retarded, I said that because you brought your children into this discussion. "In fairness, I also ask to insure that my children do not ever follow in your footsteps in any way besides being a Bills fan, which is bad enough."

One would think you would be smart enough NOT to do that, ESPECIALLY when you are attempting to ridicule the other person. Most people would not only attack you but your kids as well. Simply a warning that went WAY over your head. Dumb F&%$!!

We simply disagree. And as usual on this board, people take their disagreement way to far. I believe that the government is attempting to correct this problem. Hopefully something will catch and the economy will turn around. And then maybe you will have all of that liberty you lost back. Oh wait a minute in the genius that is you... let's all do nothing. Everything will be just fineeeeeeee. ;)

My biggest concern with this administration is that they are trying to take on to much at once.

One more thing... I could really give a crap about polling numbers as this point.