Bills and Sabres ranked for need of a uniform makeover

Bills Unis - They should definitely go back to the throwbacks full time. I would like White Jerseys with Blue pants for the away games though (as opposed to all white)

Sabres Unis - I know everyone likes the blue and gold, however I thought the Black and White Uni's of the late 90's were way better unis. I even thought the Red third jersey's were better than the blue and golds (both current and throwback). The current uni's are absolutely horrible. Plus, the logo of the late 90's was a fierce Buffalo head, why they changed it for a USFL style Buffalo is beyond me.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Buffalo Bills

BILLS OVERHAUL INDEX

S 8

U 10

C 8

K 9

Congratulations, Bills fans -- your team wins the award for "NFL team that looks like it belongs in the Arena League." It's gotten so bad that the current uni set has replaced Scott Norwood as the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise. The awful blue-on-blue home look, the pointless royal blue yoke outline, the ridiculous red side piping (even worse on the road jersey than at home) -- it's all too much. Worst of all, everyone loves the Bills' throwback uniforms, so why not just go back to those? S.U.C.K.itude: 35 out of 40.

Can someone with Ralph's personal E-mail PLEASE forward this??

Thank you!

You think Ralph knows how to use a computer?

I think, like everybody, I prefer every uniform the Bills have ever had to this one, but I think making the top 10 is a little harsh. Call me crazy, but I think the white jerseys with the blue pants are kinda sweet. On the contrary, the Sabres' uniforms are an utter embarrassment. I was home over Christmas and I went to a couple Sabres' games and seeing grown men walking around in those things- they look ridiculous. We like to think we are a traditional hockey city- and we are- but we have worse uniforms than say, the Nashville Predators, the Florida Panthers and certainly, the Phoenix Coyotes. We have the second worst uniforms in the entire league next to the Atlanta Thrashers' home uniforms, which are, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst uniforms in the history of professional sports.

There is no doubt that both the Bills and Sabres unis are horredous and fully deserve to be on that list. The Bills unis I can understand to an extent, mistakes are made when coming up with new color schemes. The Sabres slug fiasco in my opinion is inexcusable. I'd be very interested to know what happened with those involved in the logo decision making process for the slug. How the hell anyone could sit in a room and look at all the new logo designs and say to themselves, Sabres fans are going to love this one!! Unbelieveable. They sold well simply because sheeple like new shiny things. It would have sold well if there was a pile of Buffalo crap slapped on the front. The Sabres current thirds are instantly one of the best unis in the league.

There is no doubt that both the Bills and Sabres unis are horredous and fully deserve to be on that list. The Bills unis I can understand to an extent, mistakes are made when coming up with new color schemes. The Sabres slug fiasco in my opinion is inexcusable. I'd be very interested to know what happened with those involved in the logo decision making process for the slug. How the hell anyone could sit in a room and look at all the new logo designs and say to themselves, Sabres fans are going to love this one!! Unbelieveable. They sold well simply because sheeple like new shiny things. It would have sold well if there was a pile of Buffalo crap slapped on the front. The Sabres current thirds are instantly one of the best unis in the league.

Jeeezuz! Don't give 'em any ideas! :o

I totally agree on both. In my opinion the current uni's are the worst in the history of both the Bills and the Sabres. I love the throwbacks for the Bills and like the Kelly era uniforms too. The Sabres are a joke with their uniforms, I personally loved the Black ones before this disaster, thought they were the best jerseys in the NFL.

I totally agree on both. In my opinion the current uni's are the worst in the history of both the Bills and the Sabres. I love the throwbacks for the Bills and like the Kelly era uniforms too. The Sabres are a joke with their uniforms, I personally loved the Black ones before this disaster, thought they were the best jerseys in the NFL.

Yeah Billsfreak, the Sabres goathead jerseys were better than the Montreal Canadiens'

Bills Unis - They should definitely go back to the throwbacks full time. I would like White Jerseys with Blue pants for the away games though (as opposed to all white)

Sabres Unis - I know everyone likes the blue and gold, however I thought the Black and White Uni's of the late 90's were way better unis. I even thought the Red third jersey's were better than the blue and golds (both current and throwback). The current uni's are absolutely horrible. Plus, the logo of the late 90's was a fierce Buffalo head, why they changed it for a USFL style Buffalo is beyond me.

:devil: I am with you on both.

Hockey on Grass, the new revolutionary sport....

One thing I will NEVER understand, with respect to the designing of the current Bills' threads, is why the stripe/piping down the sides of the jersey does not match or line up with the stripe/piping down the sides of the pants. It is truly as if they put a group of designers in one room labeled "TOP" and another group in a room labeled "BOTTOM" -- and the two were never allowed to communicate.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah Billsfreak, the Sabres goathead jerseys were better than the Montreal Canadiens'

In my opinion (and that is what this board is for believe it or not), it was. Never a big fan of their sweaters, just because their history is so amazing, doesn't make them the best unis. Actually, the Rangers and Bruins are better than Montreal in my opinion.

the uniforms from the 90s were looking pretty dated come the late 90s - the blue seemed faded or something. However the new uniforms were a complete disaster. A product of trying to cram 5 or 6 different colors into the primary uniform to make them all official colors or something. A disaster of micromanagement is my assumption. Plus the copying of already dated uniform trends (the titans shoulder blocks on the away jerseys).

Anyways they clearly need to come up with either new uniforms that are really just modifications of the throwbacks, or just go with the throwbacks with red helmets.