Glad we didn't take Raji

Virgil

I don't know how much of this has to do with the Packers trying to run a 3-4 offense, this year, but it looks like Raji is going to being up at DE, not DT. I know that in the 3-4 you will sometimes have a pass rushing DT act as a DE and then have a LB beside him acting like a DE...essentially like a regular 4-3 alignment, but still.

...was that confusing for you too....?

In any case, I was hoping to get Raji but only as a solid DT prospect. If he really ends up as a DE, then I am that much happier with how things worked out.

I don't know how much of this has to do with the Packers trying to run a 3-4 offense, this year, but it looks like Raji is going to being up at DE, not DT. I know that in the 3-4 you will sometimes have a pass rushing DT act as a DE and then have a LB beside him acting like a DE...essentially like a regular 4-3 alignment, but still.

In any case, I was hoping to get Raji but only as a solid DT prospect. If he really ends up as a DE, then I am that much happier with how things worked out.

We did not have a choice in the matter he was picked befroe us a completely moot point

He's playing DE because they already have a NT and they want both on the field. It isn't because he can't play DT.

You're crazy.....didn't you see the video of Raji embarrassing the NCAA's top interior linemen at the senior bowl (i.e., Eric Wood, Alex Mack, and company). If he can stay out of trouble off the field then he will be an absolute terror. He would have fit in perfectly in our system. I would much rather have Raji than Maybin.

You're crazy.....didn't you see the video of Raji embarrassing the NCAA's top interior linemen at the senior bowl (i.e., Eric Wood, Alex Mack, and company). If he can stay out of trouble off the field then he will be an absolute terror. He would have fit in perfectly in our system. I would much rather have Raji than Maybin.

As a postscript to the recurring above theme, he is playing two positions because he is terrifically talented. I'm guessing he can be effective at either position. But it is interesting that he played in a 4-3 at B.C. and he's now being asked to play in a 3-4. And yes it is somewhat of a moot point isn't it?

I think Maybin has a chance to be a good player. But Raji would have been a much better prospect for us. Where the Packers play him and why doesn't matter. For us, he would have been a #1 and made one of the absolutel best interior combos in the league with Stroud at #3.

But there's a reason he didn't reach us. The guy is terrific.

:D

IMO, anyone who saw Raji embarrassing the NCAA's top interior linemen at the senior bowl (i.e., Eric Wood, Alex Mack, and company) and wouldn't want him is crazy. The only problem is that he may not be able to stay out of trouble off the field. If he can he will be an absolute terror. I would much rather have had Raji than Maybin. Raji would have fit perfectly in our system.

Besides starting at defensive end, Raji probably will get some snaps as a backup nose tackle when Pickett gets rest. Also, even though the Packers haven’t seen him rush full speed against NFL competition

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/articl...1/90622161/1058

They are jus trying to get their best players on the field in any way they can and I think Raji will excel at the DE spot in the 3-4 also. He's quick enough, he's strong enough, and dog gone it..........people like him. :thumbsup: