Mortensen on Twitter

his tweet read "thinks its 30 days until the Buffalo Bills report to camp". Is that some knock on them I'm not getting or is he on;y stating fact?

Let's see....it's June 26th and training camps usually open around the 3rd week of July. That leaves anywhere from 24-31 days when camp opens.

Explain to me how this could be seen as a knock on the Bills...

his tweet read "thinks its 30 days until the Buffalo Bills report to camp". Is that some knock on them I'm not getting or is he on;y stating fact?

I think the Bills start first with training camp because of the HOF game and he is just saying the 1st training camp starts in 30 days.

Let's see....it's June 26th and training camps usually open around the 3rd week of July. That leaves anywhere from 24-31 days when camp opens.

Explain to me how this could be seen as a knock on the Bills...

I don't think it's being perceived as a knock on the Bills, but I think it seems a little random that a national columnist like Mort would all of a sudden feel the need to announce the Bills camp date on his personal twitter. Seems like something more for a guy like Tim Graham, who dedicates his time to the AFC East. I wonder if Mort is going to update us with the camp openings of all 32 teams on that stupid thing? Not a real big deal, just kind of odd.

I don't think it's being perceived as a knock on the Bills, but I think it seems a little random that a national columnist like Mort would all of a sudden feel the need to announce the Bills camp date on his personal twitter. Seems like something more for a guy like Tim Graham, who dedicates his time to the AFC East. I wonder if Mort is going to update us with the camp openings of all 32 teams on that stupid thing? Not a real big deal, just kind of odd.

It's not odd at all. Let's think a second. The Bills and Titans kick off the season early. I'm thinking that maybe since the Bills and Tites are playing the extra game, they are starting a tad earlier. Maybe the Bills are starting a day or so earlier than the Tites. Thus, the Bills would be this year's first NFL team to start camp.

I'm just guessing, but it would seem to be a strong theory. Thus, Mort mentions the Bills, instead of say, the Steelers who probably don't start until a few days later.

Holy Crap...relax everyone. One-We have TO, our camp is going to be watched very closely. Plus-we have the Hall of Fame Game which I understand is the preseason opener? No? There are reasons to post it other than to drive all of you nuts. Small minded....

PS-This is coming from someone who isnt really a fan of Mort and his trigger happy breaking news stories that are wrong more than they should be from a 'legit' news station

RELAX

Holy Crap...relax everyone. One-We have TO, our camp is going to be watched very closely. Plus-we have the Hall of Fame Game which I understand is the preseason opener? No? There are reasons to post it other than to drive all of you nuts. Small minded....

PS-This is coming from someone who isnt really a fan of Mort and his trigger happy breaking news stories that are wrong more than they should be from a 'legit' news station

RELAX

Sorry, I thought we were supposed to say Mort's a douche.