Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

• No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant
    • Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't vote because there are two answers to this question.

On a personal level I believe that I have no say in what they do. If they want to go ahead and be a complete loser that is up to them. It is against the law but there are a lot more important laws being broken every day. If they drive while stoned or something it is a more serious law and a different story. So for this part my vote would be "no".

My "yes" half of the vote is derived from my desire to see the Bills win. If a player's short term memory is shot they are not going to remember the playbook and there will be mistakes. They will also waste untold amounts of time where they could be improving their skills. If there was a way to apply 1/2 vote to each answer, I would.

They will also waste untold amounts of time where they could be improving their skills.

No player will spend every moment of every day working out, anyhow. What is the difference, from a football perspective, if they waste a couple of hours in the evening reading a book or playing Madden or watching Sportscenter, or if they just relax with a bit of green?

Either way, they can get up in the morning and get back down to work at practice.

Guest three3

They rarely get caught. They know how to beat the system. I remember reading about a GM suspecting that half the players on his roster smoke weed

I don't mind as long as they pass it around. Seriously, players are getting suspended for thing that are legal outside of the NFL, weed is illegal in every state. Do you mind if they shoot up heroine before a game, or rape a grade schooler after practice? They are people just like you and I, same laws pertain to them.

I voted no. In this country and society Alcohol is not only legal but glorified and able to be advertised on TV. Alcohol has just as bad health effects as pot and is more addicting from a physical stand point(pot while not physically addicting is mentally addictive) I am personally for the legalization of pot. So why should I care if my favorite football teams players do it? As long as they don't drive while doing it I am fine.

The money we could be getting from the taxes on the sale of pot is going to organized crime rather than our government which really needs it right now. We are wasting tax payer money with law enforcement man hours and clogging up our court system with cases of people getting arrested for simple possession of small amounts.

There is no real reason for Pot to be illegal. Unlike hard drugs like Crack and Coke you can't get physically addicted very fast (and even die from the first time you use them). Unlike those drugs pot doesn't rapidly destroy your body. I put pot on the level of alcohol and tobacco yes they are harmful and addictive but it is your right to choose to indulge and if you can't do so in moderation than don't.

Personally I haven't done pot since high school and wouldn't do so even if it was legalized (ok maybe once for old times sake) its not like I really want to do it, its just that I find it a waste of time to fight it when like I said things that are just as bad like Alcohol and Tobacco are legal

Guest three3

quoting the man with pretty good sources but the worst mock drafts in the history of mock drafts, mike florio:

"At a time when plenty of attention is being paid to reports regarding a handful of players who supposedly tested positive for marijuana or steroids at the Scouting Combine, a league source tells us that some teams are bracing for an extremely large number of positive tests to appear on the final list that the teams soon will receive.

The source speculated that the number of names could be as high as 25.

The reason for the feared spike in positive tests isn’t known. The source predicts that most of the positive tests will arise from marijuana use.

And the source explained that the teams generally don’t care if a guy smokes pot. They only care if the player could end up being suspended, since that’s the kind of thing that can get the folks who draft or sign such players fired.

Indeed, the source estimated that half of the players on the source’s team smoke pot"

If marijuana were legal and it wouldn't impact my job, I'd be smoking it for sure. But if I can go w/out it for the past eighteen years, then these millionaire primadonnas can go w/out it while they're playing football, too.

On a personal level I believe that I have no say in what they do. If they want to go ahead and be a complete loser that is up to them. It is against the law but there are a lot more important laws being broken every day. If they drive while stoned or something it is a more serious law and a different story. So for this part my vote would be "no".

My "yes" half of the vote is derived from my desire to see the Bills win. If a player's short term memory is shot they are not going to remember the playbook and there will be mistakes. They will also waste untold amounts of time where they could be improving their skills. If there was a way to apply 1/2 vote to each answer, I would.

I am in complete agreeance. In addition to not smoking pot, they should also give up alcohol during the season. They are paid professionals to be physically and mentally elite. If I were to be smoking pot during my work, I would be fired on the spot. However, during the offseason, I am indifferent to what they do.

Guest three3
I am in complete agreeance. In addition to not smoking pot, they should also give up alcohol during the season. They are paid professionals to be physically and mentally elite. If I were to be smoking pot during my work, I would be fired on the spot. However, during the offseason, I am indifferent to what they do.

what if the marijuana and alcohol helps with pain relief? would you rather have the player be shot up with painkillers instead?

It wasn't that difficult of a question. I take it you either don't date or are not married as you would always be debating with yourself on wether or not it is a good idea.