Top 10 Offenses of All Time

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else see the top 10 offenses off all time on N F L.com?

What a complete disgrace of a list. Not one Buffalo Bill team from the Early 90s made the list.

I suppose there can be objection in some sort of an academic sense.

4 straight SB losses...case closed. No wins - no pets and strokes...

I guess, but a HOF QB, coach, RB, WR, and hopefully another HOF WR on the way...you'd think...well, never mind.

I guess, but a HOF QB, coach, RB, WR, and hopefully another HOF WR on the way...you'd think...well, never mind.

NFL Total Access counts down the top 10 offenses in NFL history

Link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...Top-10-offenses

10. 1958 Colts

9. 1987 49ers

8. 2004 Colts

7. 1981 Chargers

6. 1984 Dolphins

5. 1983 Redskins

4. 1950 Rams

3. 1998 Vikings

2. 2007 Patriots

1. 1999 Rams

Im sorry what does that have to do with offense??? This is a list of top 10 offenses, not best teams.

10. 1958 Colts

9. 1987 49ers

8. 2004 Colts

7. 1981 Chargers

6. 1984 Dolphins

5. 1983 Redskins

4. 1950 Rams

3. 1998 Vikings

2. 2007 Patriots

1. 1999 Rams

In all honesty, that's a pretty tough group to crack. Of the ones I saw, all of those offenses were pretty unstoppable. And someone made a good point about the Super Bowls; the Bills offense was held in check each time.

Well they did ask Marshall what offense on the list (besides the 99 Rams) would he have wanted to be a part of and he said "none of them, he would have wanted to play the Thurman role in the K-Gun".

You realize the Chargers and Vikes were on there and they didn't even make the Super Bowl, right?

The Vikings are on there because they scored most points of all time at that time. They are still 2 or 3 on that list.

Good point!

If they used the HOF as a mantra, we'll likely have a QB, RB & 2 WR's. Not so the '58 Colts (JU, RB, TM) '81 Chargers, (DF, KW, CJ) and probabaly not the '04 Colts (PM, EJ, MH) or the '87 49er's (JM, JR, RC) though they're close. Waterfields' '50 Rams with Elroy, Fears and Davis is a lock. '07 Pats* had no RB & Robert Smith of the '98 Vikings and Marino's '84 Fish don't measure up either, IMO.

I know, just cryin'.. None of the offenses lasted as long, and dominated as much as the '89-93 Bills.

Two teams from the 50's? What a joke! I'm all for sports nostalgia, but let's not pretend like the old-timers could even sniff the jock of today's players. I know, I know, the game is different now, weight programs, training tables, blah blah...but that's exactly my point, it's comparing apples to oranges. Don't belong on the list, regardless of their accomplishments.

The Vikings are on there because they scored most points of all time at that time. They are still 2 or 3 on that list.

And that was a phenomenal offense. I remember the coach (Denny Green, I think it still was) saying "We have more weapons than North Korea."

That was also the year Gary Anderson had the perfect season - and shanked the winning FG in the NFC Championship game. :thumbsup: Only reason they didn't make the Superbowl that year.

Two teams from the 50's? What a joke! I'm all for sports nostalgia, but let's not pretend like the old-timers could even sniff the jock of today's players. I know, I know, the game is different now, weight programs, training tables, blah blah...but that's exactly my point, it's comparing apples to oranges. Don't belong on the list, regardless of their accomplishments.

Bring back the bump and run, the head slap, the crackback block, take away the face guards and the padding. Let the elbow smash return. Deliver a knee to the head.

Bring the two goalpost pipes back to the goal line. Toss out roughing-the-passer penalties.

Your point fails - you cannot toss away the differences. Much as you seem to want to do so.

Blah, blah...

Bring back the bump and run, the head slap, the crackback block, take away the face guards and the padding. Let the elbow smash return. Deliver a knee to the head.

Bring the two goalpost pipes back to the goal line. Toss out roughing-the-passer penalties.

Your point fails - you cannot toss away the differences. Much as you seem to want to do so.

Stop it. You should know by now that for most of this board, all existence began in 1990.

And I'm guessing that 'turf toe' didn't appear on too many injury reports in the 1950s.

Blah, blah...

No, my point remains. If any of the freaks of nature of 2009 were pulling that kinda crap years ago, and at the speed of today's game, the league would have folded in less than two years.