Six Flags Files for Bankruptcy

Nanker

That's perfectly rational in today's enlightened spirit of spreading the wealth around. After all, HE's losing money. The little guys aren't giving him enough. However, if the Government deems him "too big to fail" then maybe the taxpayers will come to his rescue. Free tickets to 6 Flags for every family that doesn't pay Federal Income taxes.

They should raise the prices on food in the park. I love nothing more than paying $12 for a burger and fries.

Hey Danny, make the prices in the park more affordable and perhaps people will show up more than once a year.

:beer::lol::lol:

Not Six Flags anymore... A few years ago we went to Darien Lake and brought out coolers with lunch... Guess where the "picnic area" was? In the parking lot at the old vintage shelters (original) near retention pond/swamp... Dumpsters/Porta-potties/the whole nine yards... :lol::lol: I guess they don't want you anywhere near the park with your picnics? ;);) Anyway, being near a stinkin' polluted water source, I felt right at home! :D

I haven't been to a Six Flags since Danny $nyder purchased it. Once he was involved I found something else to spend recreational money for.

Kinda strange how the name Snyder was affiliated with Six Flags... Darien was a Six Flags park right? Wasn't that owned by Paul Snyder (BFLO Braves) once??? Are they related???

Well, that's what you get when a creepy old Jewish guy with liver spots is your brand LOGO. I mean, I know amusement parks are supposed to inspire thrills in their patrons, but IMO, the terror should begin AFTER you've paid your admittance fee:

Yikes.

And what was with the Japanese dude screaming "Six flags. More flags, more fun?"

I always thought that owning a park or having stock in one was a bad idea. There's only so many times the people of the surrounding area can go there before they've been on everything 20 times and it becomes boring. Only the really, incredibly large parks attract people from out of town, otherwise, its the same damn people all the time. Obviously they're not going to keep coming back as much, and your customers are going to keep declining.

Well, that's what you get when a creepy old Jewish guy with liver spots is your brand LOGO. I mean, I know amusement parks are supposed to inspire thrills in their patrons, but IMO, the terror should begin AFTER you've paid your admittance fee:

Yikes.

He was creepy right from the start, but who had the bright idea of letting the guy talk? It's a million times worse now.

Yikes.

I live not too far from the one in Jackson, NJ and that dude is creepy. And yes Schrader, giving voice to his character should never have happened. I wonder who the AD Exec for that account is.

I live not too far from the one in Jackson, NJ and that dude is creepy. And yes Schrader, giving voice to his character should never have happened. I wonder who the AD Exec for that account is.

And as bad as it is, he's still not as bad as that japanese stereotype they were using a year or two ago.

I always thought that owning a park or having stock in one was a bad idea. There's only so many times the people of the surrounding area can go there before they've been on everything 20 times and it becomes boring. Only the really, incredibly large parks attract people from out of town, otherwise, its the same damn people all the time. Obviously they're not going to keep coming back as much, and your customers are going to keep declining.

Cedar Fair stock did reasonably well...at least until the economy collapsed. I did a probate estate that had thousands of shares of Cedar Fair.

Cedar Fair stock did reasonably well...at least until the economy collapsed. I did a probate estate that had thousands of shares of Cedar Fair.

What is that? Is that Cedar Point? If it is, IMO, I consider Cedar Point being more of a regional if not national destination... Especially with the tourism that the western basin of Lake Erie brings in on a normal basis.