Steve johnson

This guy seems to have something special. I hope he builds that big long term partnership with Lee Evans....

The last quote of the Mandatory OTA was fantastic to see.

The best catch of the day was a long Gibran Hamdan pass down the right sideline to Steve Johnson. The ball threaded safety Ko Simpson and cornerback Ashton Youboty, and Johnson made a great leaping grab to stay inbounds.

This guy seems to have something special. I hope he builds that big long term partnership with Lee Evans....

The best catch of the day was a long Gibran Hamdan pass down the right sideline to Steve Johnson. The ball threaded safety Ko Simpson and cornerback Ashton Youboty, and Johnson made a great leaping grab to stay inbounds.

Well I wouldn't take OTA's as a sign of things to come but I will agree that Steve Johnson has some potential and if he can learn from Owens how to be an effective big receiver than he has a chance to be in the fold long term. Its not likely but it is possible. Remember everyone looks good in OTA's even the team that ends up with the first pick in the draft looked good in OTA.

I have really high hopes for this kid. With all of the receivers they had last year I think they brought him along slowly because they could. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him be the second starter opposite Evans after Owens leaves. JMO

As long as he continues to memorize his playbook and never makes one single mistake, he will continue to get reps and chances. Let's remember, he's running the Turk-ey Shoenert offense here. After the untouchable Evans and Owens, even Josh Reed had better do everything right or they will see the bench. :censored:

What stuck me last year was his two TD catches....He made it look so easy....

So did James Hardy's nice catch in the corner of the end zone to beat Jacksonville early in the season last year. Too bad James was too stupid to be able to memorize his 2000 page playbook. It seems to me he might have made a few more of those TD catches in the red zone if he wasn't buried on Turk-ey's bench until he got injured. :censored:

Minor interruption: We got Steve Johnson for Kelly Holcomb...Sorry, idiot rookie posters may now continue starting 20 threads a day telling us how the Bills FO are complete idiots regarding everything, every day, all the time.

The likely key to a Johnson performance is going to be how the WRs interact and play off of each other and what they will force an opposing D to do.

Evans speed forces an opponent to put their fastest CB om him and likely demands and over and under Dt by the opponents. If TO shows he has enough left in the tank and retains his nose for the endzone, he also is going to demand a Dt to defend his RAC ability (he will be downright scary on slant patterns if he is performing.

Twin Dts essentially force the opponent into zone coverage and if the Bills press the peddle to the metal Johnson MIGHT be able to take advantage of the single coverage or picking on the zone situation this presents a third WR.

However, what seems more obvious is to see the Bills using the scary fast speed of Parrish or the proven in his rookie year ability of Josh Reed to run precise routes and pick a part an opposing D as he did in his rookie year with Moulds/PP commanding so much attention.

I do not think Johnson has the speed of Parrish or the experience of Reed to make him the choice candidates for #3 or #4 WRs, but it would be neat competition which makes the TEAM real difficult threat to deal with if Johnson becomes a force.

I wouldn't jump on the Steve Johnson bandwagon just yet. It's easy for anyone to catch a Chroise-laden throw.

it steve johnson learns a lot from TO, it would be even awesome. I am sure he can learn a lot from one year with TO. I am thinking we will have a decent WR corps, even after TO, as long as Johnson and Hardy develop. They aren't guarentees, but i expect at least one of them to make a decent contribution

Yeah, he'll make alot of noise this year. I was at Stereo Advantage and I saw him getting a new stereo for his car ... man, that thing cranks!

Just one question, when he goes in the HOF, will they make him wait the minimum 5 years or just make an exception and let him in right away?

The likely key to a Johnson performance is going to be how the WRs interact and play off of each other and what they will force an opposing D to do.

Evans speed forces an opponent to put their fastest CB om him and likely demands and over and under Dt by the opponents. If TO shows he has enough left in the tank and retains his nose for the endzone, he also is going to demand a Dt to defend his RAC ability (he will be downright scary on slant patterns if he is performing.

Twin Dts essentially force the opponent into zone coverage and if the Bills press the peddle to the metal Johnson MIGHT be able to take advantage of the single coverage or picking on the zone situation this presents a third WR.

However, what seems more obvious is to see the Bills using the scary fast speed of Parrish or the proven in his rookie year ability of Josh Reed to run precise routes and pick a part an opposing D as he did in his rookie year with Moulds/PP commanding so much attention.

I do not think Johnson has the speed of Parrish or the experience of Reed to make him the choice candidates for #3 or #4 WRs, but it would be neat competition which makes the TEAM real difficult threat to deal with if Johnson becomes a force.

With Owens and Evans on the outside, you almost have to put Josh Reed in the slot. But as I see it, the #4 WR position is wide open, so to speak. A big target with very good hands, such as Johnson, would make a good outlet receiver--a guy to whom Trent can turn if he's in trouble and things are breaking down. I'll grant that Johnson doesn't present the speed/danger element of a Parrish, but sometimes it's more important to move the chains than it is to threaten the other team with a fast smurf receiver with questionable hands.

I think that a lot of people are going way to overboard on Johnson. Let's remember that the guy had 10 catches for 102 yards with 2 TDs in his rookie year...pretty much identical stats to Hardy (9/87/2).

I realize that he made 2 nice plays at the end of the season, when everything else looked to be going to the toilet, but to say that he's going to be an impact player this season is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

I think that a lot of people are going way to overboard on Johnson. Let's remember that the guy had 10 catches for 102 yards with 2 TDs in his rookie year...pretty much identical stats to Hardy (9/87/2).

I realize that he made 2 nice plays at the end of the season, when everything else looked to be going to the toilet, but to say that he's going to be an impact player this season is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

Has anyone seen my blanket? Oh, there is is, dripping...

I believe the coaching staff held back Johnson in the hopes of Hardy blossoming in the 1st 10-12 games of the season. With hardy's season ending injury, Johnson got his chance in the last 4 games and he came away with 2 TDs.

So did James Hardy's nice catch in the corner of the end zone to beat Jacksonville early in the season last year. Too bad James was too stupid to be able to memorize his 2000 page playbook. It seems to me he might have made a few more of those TD catches in the red zone if he wasn't buried on Turk-ey's bench until he got injured. :rolleyes:

Call me crazy, but I'm getting this vibe that you're not exactly enamored with Schonert.