Everette Brown

!@#$ing dumbass:

Byrd 40 time: 4.56

Ed Reed's 40 time: 4.57

Polamalu: 4.51

I don't know where you get your info, Senor Dumbass Supreme, but he clocked a 4.68/forty time.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He told you to read the posts before you make any accusations or judgments. Did you not get that?

I only needed to read your thread-starting post. If there were 800 pages, would I be required to read them all before replying? I think not. This false premise you two are using is ridiculous. But consistent.

Accusations? None made. Judgments? Well, you're clearly the authority on snap judgments. I merely said that your claim that the Bills are idiots for drafting Byrd over Brown is asinine. Which it is. So you modified your post later on? Good for you. It must mean that you agree with me to an extent. :censored:

I dont understand what the arguement is. Byrd is only 5'10" 200lbs, and Brown is 6'1" 256lbs. Its obvious that Brown is much larger and will make a better safety as he is taller and weighs more.

Cmon, lets be realistic. Byrd was a CB in college and was a too slow for CB. For S he is just fine. Thats why they projected him to be drafted as S. Not only did they project him to be drafted as a S, they projected him to be 2nd best S in the draft. Brown was projected much higher than he was drafted and fell quite a bit. Theres obviously a reason why every team passed on him at least once.

Last I checked it doesnt matter if youve played the position for 10 years or 10 days. If your an athlete your an athlete. Jason Peters wasnt a Pro-Bowl (allegedly) Left Tackle when he came into this league. He was an undrafted Tight End. Get over it.

They needed someone to play S since their current starters are subpar. They obviously thought this was a bigger need for the team than another undersized DE in Brown and that is why Brandon is the GM and you write dumb posts on a message board.

Great Topic! Think you could have thought of anything else that we talked about for the first 3 weeks after the draft and went over time and time again. Maybe next time you can write a post that you just saw on the news that OJ is wanted for questioning in his ex wifes death and is leading a police chase on the freeway. :censored:

Am I wrong here or was Browns size the major reason he fell into the second round in the first place. If size and speed are everybodies objections to the Byrd choice, wouldn't they still apply to Browns lack of size and speed as well?

First, let me say that I did NOT want any part of Everette Brown. That said, I don't think that it's Brown's size that made him so unattractive to lead to him falling to the 2nd round. If that were the case, you wouldn't see guys like Larry English (who I really, really wanted Buffalo to draft) getting picked in the top half of the 1st round.

My main beef with Brown, which I'm guessing is echoed by the teams that passed on him, is that he really lacks the pass-rushing prowess to compete in the NFL. He really got away with using pure athleticism to make most of his plays. Here's something else that's worth noting: As some of you know, a very close friend of mine is a junior scout for an NFL franchise (it's not the Bills), and he told me that Brown wasn't in the top 50 players on his team's draft board. Now I know that doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of the league-wide perception of Brown, but I thought I'd share. And in case anyone is wondering, for the sake of argument, my contact's team had Maybin "in the top 20" players.

I dont understand what the arguement is. Byrd is only 5'10" 200lbs, and Brown is 6'1" 256lbs. Its obvious that Brown is much larger and will make a better safety as he is taller and weighs more.

Cmon, lets be realistic. Byrd was a CB in college and was a too slow for CB. For S he is just fine. Thats why they projected him to be drafted as S. Not only did they project him to be drafted as a S, they projected him to be 2nd best S in the draft. Brown was projected much higher than he was drafted and fell quite a bit. Theres obviously a reason why every team passed on him at least once.

Last I checked it doesnt matter if youve played the position for 10 years or 10 days. If your an athlete your an athlete. Jason Peters wasnt a Pro-Bowl (allegedly) Left Tackle when he came into this league. He was an undrafted Tight End. Get over it.

They needed someone to play S since their current starters are subpar. They obviously thought this was a bigger need for the team than another undersized DE in Brown and that is why Brandon is the GM and you write dumb posts on a message board.

Great Topic! Think you could have thought of anything else that we talked about for the first 3 weeks after the draft and went over time and time again. Maybe next time you can write a post that you just saw on the news that OJ is wanted for questioning in his ex wifes death and is leading a police chase on the freeway. :censored:

Whatever, Judge Whopner. We can talk about anything we want. You're not the Judge of it. 1st Amendment, baby.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. Brown is a small DE. Unfortunately, that size fits this horendous defense we run. And if all else fails and we switch to a 3-4 down the road, Brown can PROBABLY switch to OLB.

Yeah well, me and Russ led the same amount of teams to the playoffs. None.

Is it really that suprising? The guy was a stud in college, and will be a stud in the NFL IMO. Plus, he only has to beat out Tyler Brayton as the starting LDE. Who is Tyler Brayton you ask? Well I have no idea, but he is likely to be the Carolina version of Kelsay, only with about double the sack total. So while the Panthers continue to be a playoff contender the Bills continue to draft in or near the top 10. I predict that in the future the Bills passing on Brown for Byrd will be brought up as often and with similiar resentment as the Whitner over Ngata saga.

First, let me say that I did NOT want any part of Everette Brown. That said, I don't think that it's Brown's size that made him so unattractive to lead to him falling to the 2nd round. If that were the case, you wouldn't see guys like Larry English (who I really, really wanted Buffalo to draft) getting picked in the top half of the 1st round.

My main beef with Brown, which I'm guessing is echoed by the teams that passed on him, is that he really lacks the pass-rushing prowess to compete in the NFL. He really got away with using pure athleticism to make most of his plays. Here's something else that's worth noting: As some of you know, a very close friend of mine is a junior scout for an NFL franchise (it's not the Bills), and he told me that Brown wasn't in the top 50 players on his team's draft board. Now I know that doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of the league-wide perception of Brown, but I thought I'd share. And in case anyone is wondering, for the sake of argument, my contact's team had Maybin "in the top 20" players.

Does he work for the Lions?

Panthers second-round pick Everette Brown is taking first-team reps at left defensive end during offseason practices.

It's hard to imagine John Fox starting a rookie right away, but Brown has impressed RT Jeff Otah with his strength, which is saying something. Brown is 6'2/256 soaking wet to the mammoth Otah's 6'6/330 after a three-day fast.

And you are telling us this why? Because the Bills should have drafted him instead of Byrd right? Well, you may be right about that, because I thought the Bills might have done just that. However, Jeff Otah is only in his second year, and these are just OTA's we are reading about. Like I have said a couple of times out here, watch for Maybin to get about 7 sacks as a pass rusher this season. When he does that, I won't care about the other DE's the Bills could have drafted but didn't.

Did you read the scouting report from Scott Wright? He says Byrd is physical and aggressive, a reliable tackler & does a great job in run support, as his positives. Then he turns around and says Byrd is not a big hitter, and has trouble getting off blocks, as his negatives. WTF kind of contradictory scouting report is that? :blink

After reading that crap, I am not convinced Mr. Wright is accurate with his 4.68 40 time either.

Did you read the scouting report from Scott Wright? He says Byrd is physical and aggressive, a reliable tackler & does a great job in run support, as his positives. Then he turns around and says Byrd is not a big hitter, and has trouble getting off blocks, as his negatives. WTF kind of contradictory scouting report is that? :blink

After reading that crap, I am not convinced Mr. Wright is accurate with his 4.68 40 time either.

Try this one:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/28/...report-bills-fs

B. Harmoni,

Not here to knock your post just dont understand your reasoning.....

- We have a LOT of needs.....we simply could not afford to spend our 1st and 2nd picks on DE's (and I totally agree with you that we NEED more players at that position)

- Safety is absolutely a position of need......especially one that can create turnovers. I am not positive that Whitner is the answer at safety for us and even if he is I am not sure we keep him when his contract is up.....if Byrd ends up being a player we are going to thank the gods that we did in fact draft him......a player who can actually come up with turnovers AND play the run.

- IMO this was a good draft for the bills....they addressed a lot of need areas with talented players. I dont think we can really complain about this draft. We addressed both of our lines.....got value picks later on......and went after areas of need.