favorite grudge bands

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been listening to a lot of Alice In Chains lately. Would? has quite possibly the best bass line in 90's rock. In fact, they might be one of the most underrated Seattle bands from that era.

Favorite 90's bands would have to be for me:

Soundgarden

Foo Fighters

Alice In Chains

Failure

Hum

Smashing Pumpkins

There's more I'm just not thinking of all of them at the immediate moment.

I usually say I like the top 1% of just about all genres of music. But I'm not sure there is any grunge (or grudge) music that I have liked. Maybe I will get some suggestions from this thread.

Just listened to would- 3x. Wonder where they would be if Layne hadn't jumped on the smack rail...

They probably wouldn't have been as good.

"Would" is definitely my favorite song by them though.

I've been listening to a lot of Alice In Chains lately. Would? has quite possibly the best bass line in 90's rock. In fact, they might be one of the most underrated Seattle bands from that era.

Favorite 90's bands would have to be for me:

Soundgarden

Foo Fighters

Alice In Chains

Failure

Hum

Smashing Pumpkins

There's more I'm just not thinking of all of them at the immediate moment.

I like that you included Hum on your list. :wallbash:

They were one of my favs that no one seemed to know about.

It seems so wrong that Alice in Chains is putting out a new CD this year. I don't know a thing about William DuVall, but it just isn't right. Still though, we've got new Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains in september. What year is it again?

It seems so wrong that Alice in Chains is putting out a new CD this year. I don't know a thing about William DuVall, but it just isn't right. Still though, we've got new Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains in september. What year is it again?

Back in Black?

Jerry Cantrell wrote most of the songs, so it'll be interesting to hear their first release since Layne Staley's passing. Saw them in concert last year. DuVall wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same. Staley was the greatest voice in rock since Robert Plant.

Need to mention Queensryche as a favorite 90's band.

They probably wouldn't have been as good.

"Would" is definitely my favorite song by them though.

Maybe not now, but think though what the 90s may have produced. For example,if Mick Jagger had died in 1966 ,would people just say,well the stones peaked,no great loss? We will never know.

Maybe not now, but think though what the 90s may have produced. For example,if Mick Jagger had died in 1966 ,would people just say,well the stones peaked,no great loss? We will never know.

I say that now. The Stones have pretty much sucked since 1970, or so. IMO, of course. :thumbsup:

i try not to hold grudges, too much wasted energy :devil:

I gotta hand it to you Pooj... You did qualify the above statement with:

"I try not to"

:thumbsup::P

Essayons!

Oh... And Jim... "D" is a along way off on the QWERTY board to be classified as a typo. Was that some sort of Freudian slip? :nana::nana:

On topic, one has to say Nirvana... Is there any other? They probably are the first and hopefully the last. IMO, it is really a tigthtly defined genre.