early reports from neutral sources

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people even write these articles or even get upset when they came out? who thought the Cardinals would go to the superbowl last year? Anyone here? The so called experts had a New England vs. Dallas Cowboy superbowl last year.

Yep that worked out. It's the off season with no pads. Besides there is no way Langston Walker is the 31st LT in the league this year. I think he is going to suprise alot of people including the Buffalo Bills.

Why do people even write these articles or even get upset when they came out? who thought the Cardinals would go to the superbowl last year? Anyone here? The so called experts had a New England vs. Dallas Cowboy superbowl last year.

Yep that worked out. It's the off season with no pads. Besides there is no way Langston Walker is the 31st LT in the league this year. I think he is going to suprise alot of people including the Buffalo Bills.

Then again, the week ESPN had the Bills ranked fourth last year, nobody could get enough. You just have to take it for what it's worth: nothing.

Pre season prognostications are not worth the paper or cyberspace they are written on. While I agree that odds suggest another 7-9 finish for the Bills is more likely than not change a couple of key variables - trent plays significantly better, the o-line gells better or faster than expected and Schobel returns to form we could easily win three more games. anything beyond that in my mind comes down to a bit of luck.

Based on last years overall performance, it doesn't sound to far off, its a what have you done for me lately ranking. We go into this season with a power house both offensively and defensively in my opinion so I expect us to move up the ladder quick just like we did last season.

"power house" really???

How so?

I am hopeful we will improve but "power house"? I don't think so. We are moving a career RT to LT. We are moving G to RT. We could be starting two rookies at LG and RG and we are starting a third tier FA at center which, as medicore as he might be, will be an improvement over Fowler and Preston. Hence my hope that we might go from "really crappy" to "not so bad". Trent has a lot to prove and for that matter, so does Shonert. Neither has performed well enough to expect to hold on to their jobs much longer without significant improvement. Their mutual lack of experience is no longer an excuse for either of them.

TO is only one player. A very good one to be sure but still only one.

Guest dog14787
"power house" really???

How so?

I am hopeful we will improve but "power house"? I don't think so. We are moving a career RT to LT. We are moving G to RT. We could be starting two rookies at LG and RG and we are starting a third tier FA at center which, as medicore as he might be, will be an improvement over Fowler and Preston. Hence my hope that we might go from "really crappy" to "not so bad". Trent has a lot to prove and for that matter, so does Shonert. Neither has performed well enough to expect to hold on to their jobs much longer without significant improvement. Their mutual lack of experience is no longer an excuse for either of them.

Yes really, do you even remember what our defense looked like before we lost Schobel? Aaron Schobel is the Buffalo Bills best defensive player, its like losing Bruce Smith back in the hay day(not saying Schobel is Bruce Smith)

Sure, Buffalo has many young, unproven players, but I say we rank in the top ten both on offense and defense at the end of the coming up season including most power rankings. Apparently you don't think its possible, so you tell me were we will finish on offense and defense and we will see who comes the closest to being correct. ;)

"power house" really???

How so?

He's one player, but he changes the entire offense. Now teams must commit a safety to helping-out on him, rather than playing-up in the box. And with Evans going deep on one side and Reed working underneath, plus a stable of RB's that can catch out of the backfield, it should cause major problems for opposing defenses both in the run and pass game. Even if the O-line isn't great. But as I've said, it's still early, and the Bills can go back to having the same ride side, start a rookie or McKinney at LG, and Chambers or Bell at LT with help from a TE and/or RB.

Sooooo, I should make sure Pete Prisco is listed in RED for the official TBD conventional wisdom media list?

Setting power rankings in the pre-season is meaningless. There is no way to prove anyone is wrong until games are played, so everyone's rankings are perfectly valid until proven otherwise. I could easily spout some garbage justifying a #20 ranking for NE. Such rankings are safe too -- the reality is that no one cares enough to look back to assess the accuracy of the predictions. Come the regular season, the rankings change every week. If Prisco ranks the Bills at #30 before week 1, he can easily move them up to #15 after only one or two victories. He would no doubt argue that he wasn't wrong when he ranked them at #30, they just improved over time. I put as much stock in Prisco's rankings as I do in my wife's promises not to spend money.

Dang. Oh Well, our team is still young maybe next year. I wonder if they are any early reports on how our 2010 season will be. ...(thx to the author too, save me a few hundred bucks that i would normally spend on Sunday Ticket)

Thank God they still let them play the games. Thank God you only have 100 posts.

Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

100 posts, buster must have a life outside of internet message boards. what a loser!!!

i think i'd be more concerned about someone with 16,000+ posts. have you ever seen the sun?

Since these reports are made before the Bills have played one game (even a preseason contest), or started training camp, I say "Bravo!" In fact, I wish the rankings were worse. I hope the experts, and the other teams, expect the Bills to suck this year.

Many of the experts on this board think they will suck. Cant wait to see how fast games sell out today

CBS Sports has the early power rankings and have the Bills 19th, and 4th in the EAST

Pete Prisco of CBS, considers 4 main positions of football (in hiis opinion of course) QB, L tackle, pass rusher, CB). He says these are key to success and has the Bills at 31th overall here. Specfically, Edwards (23), Walker (31), Schoebel (27), and McKelvin (22) respective to their positions.

7-9 will be an amazing feat this year!

Glad he didn't rate the front office or the coaches, what a joke!

we'll win 4 or 5 home games , optimism will reign (6-7 wins in total), the stadium will be packed for all 7 and ralph will be happy... that is the business model for the bills..

I think if you're looking at the offense to have to look at the running game (I'd put us in the top ten as far as running back combinations go) and the quarterback pass receiver combinations (TE shows potential and TO and Evans are a pretty enviable combination with Reed and Parrish being no slouches...top ten). The only big question mark that would keep us out of the top ten is the HUGE question mark that is the offensive line.

As to defense the pass rush is the defensive line with Maybin Stroud Williams and Schoebel. Schoebel was considered pretty good prior to the injury last year and should be okay this year with Kelsay in reserve. I would have to say low to mid twenties.

Defensive backs have to be in the high teens. McKelvin is progressing McGee is good Whitner is okay and we have a passle of guys who can contribute.

Linebackers look okay to be in the middle of the pack maybe 12th or 13th.

Except for the offensive line I'd say we were in the playoff hunt. The way the offensive line looks with rookies and everyone else playing out of position, I'd predict us to finish in the low twenties. Now if I'm wrong about the offensive line...this could be one very exciting year!