early reports from neutral sources

CBS Sports has the early power rankings and have the Bills 19th, and 4th in the EAST

Pete Prisco of CBS, considers 4 main positions of football (in hiis opinion of course) QB, L tackle, pass rusher, CB). He says these are key to success and has the Bills at 31th overall here. Specfically, Edwards (23), Walker (31), Schoebel (27), and McKelvin (22) respective to their positions.

7-9 will be an amazing feat this year!

Glad he didn't rate the front office or the coaches, what a joke!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete Prisco...has the Bills at 31th overall here.

Thirty-oneth? I was hoping at least they'd be in the top eleventeen. :devil:

Anyway, fear not. Pre-season power rankings are much like Skooby's BMW predictions: of little consequence and best disregarded.

Guest dog14787
CBS Sports has the early power rankings and have the Bills 19th, and 4th in the EAST

Pete Prisco of CBS, considers 4 main positions of football (in hiis opinion of course) QB, L tackle, pass rusher, CB). He says these are key to success and has the Bills at 31th overall here. Specfically, Edwards (23), Walker (31), Schoebel (27), and McKelvin (22) respective to their positions.

Based on last years overall performance, it doesn't sound to far off, its a what have you done for me lately ranking. We go into this season with a power house both offensively and defensively in my opinion so I expect us to move up the ladder quick just like we did last season.

I think it would be interesting to go back and compare these so-called expert's pre-season power rankings and compare them to actual results from the season they were ranking. My guess is that there'd be a pretty healthy divergence between the two.

I think it would be interesting to go back and compare these so-called expert's pre-season power rankings and compare them to actual results from the season they were ranking. My guess is that there'd be a pretty healthy divergence between the two.

:devil: Agreed.

Early "reports"? Power rankings? Really?

Wake me up when training camp starts ...

Really.

You know, I have to imagine these writers in their private moments thinking to themselves:

"Gee, I carried a C+ average in Dipschitology with a minor in Loudmoutistics, and landed this position with FoxSports.com through my frat brother, and now people are posting comments about my "expert opinion" on their fan boards. Jesus, what a country".

STOP IT!!! Do you REALLY give a rat's hairy ---hole what these idiots have to say about anything except their kids' birthdays?! I'm not even sure I'd be comfortable with that.

Come on. training camp.

Since these reports are made before the Bills have played one game (even a preseason contest), or started training camp, I say "Bravo!" In fact, I wish the rankings were worse. I hope the experts, and the other teams, expect the Bills to suck this year.

2 issues...both of them defensive.

T. McGee should be rated above McKelvin. Not sure why Pete thinks Leodis is the number 1 corner in Buffalo

Schobel is 27th? I know the guy was injured, but there are not 26 pass rushers better than him in football.

Thank God they still let them play the games. Thank God you only have 100 posts.

Walker at 31 is totally ridiculous. Obviously the writer got way to swept up in the Peters trade and drama. McKelvin instead of McGee? Do you get the feeling these national writers know a LOT less than we do, at least about the Bills. I guess 32 teams is a lot to keep up with and the lower rated teams don't rate much time at all, I guess.

Still, back when Larry Felser used to write the Sporting News column I think he had much more awareness of the AFC teams than national writers have nowadays.