Vince Wilfork

This is the last year of his rookie deal, he wants a new deal and is not at OTA's according to rotoworld in hopes of jumpstarting talks. I doubt he would land here via trade but if NE has to move him for cap reasons this year, how much of an impact would that have in the division race? He is a beast inside for that defense.

If he hits FA I would love to have him here.

Is next year un-capped? If so how will that affect things?

Currently there is no cap for next year. But regardless, the Patriots* won't want to pay Wilfork's asking price, which is Haynesworth-type money.

Wilfork is what gives the Pats the hardest part of the 3-4 defense to get which is a guy who can control the line of scrimmage and eat up space to free up the two middle line backers. Look at any team that has had success with the 3-4 they all have a big guy eating up space. The Steelers have Casey Hampton, the chargers have Jamal Williams, the Dolphins and Jets turned around their defenses by adding Jason Ferguson and Kris Jenkins.

Wilfork is the most important part of their defense. If he goes the dynasty may be over. Its so hard to get these type of guys why do you think the Packers who are switching to a 3-4 spent the 9th pick overall on a nose tackle. Any 3-4 needs that kind of guy so I would love for a hold out and maybe a trade next year.

Although the Pats did use one of their four second round picks on a DT (Ron Brace i think) who is like 6 foot 3 and 330 pounds. So I think they are grooming Brace to take over for Wilfork but who knows how he will end up or if he will take a year or two to adjust and get stronger and bigger.

Wilfork is big to the Pats and I just hope he holds out, Jason Ferguson gets old, and Kris Jenkins gets hurt than the defenses in our division will be without their biggest players. Don't underestimate the long term effects of this Wilfork business. If Brace can't fill the role the Pats are in trouble. I would love to see him on the bills he would give them a nastyness as well as a guy who could stuff the run big time but it won't happen the Pats will trade him after they franchise him or they extend him

This is the last year of his rookie deal, he wants a new deal and is not at OTA's according to rotoworld in hopes of jumpstarting talks. I doubt he would land here via trade but if NE has to move him for cap reasons this year, how much of an impact would that have in the division race? He is a beast inside for that defense.

If he hits FA I would love to have him here.

Only if Jauron is gone next year.

He is a nose tackle my friend, would not fit in a 4-3

As good of a DT he is, I personally wouldn't want to see him in a Bills uni. I can't stand the fat bastard after the cheap shot he pulled on JP. He's a dirty, dirty player....

Excellent logic. Deny the Bills a great tackle because of something that may/may not have been intentional.

Excellent logic. Deny the Bills a great tackle because of something that may/may not have been intentional.

Regardless of intent (which I still believe existed), he's a decent-to-good DT that does not deserve to be anywhere near Haynesworth-type money. Saying he's a *great* tackle is a bit much, IMO.

It was definitely intentional. As have been his other cheap shots.

No.. your the retard you idiot.. learn football. He is a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. How much more clear can I make it?

no no-he had it right with what he said to you. even your second statement doesnt clearify anything

I never said he wasn't a good DT, not disputing that at all. All I'm saying is that the guy is a dirty player, and I think you are probably one of the few Bills fans, heck, football fans period who doesn't think that shot he took at JP wasn't intentional.

I am as diehard a Bills fan as they come, and want nothing more than to see the Bills succeed. And if by some chance he WERE to come to the Bills, I definitely wouldn't cry about it. I just don't like dirty players, especially ones who play for the Patriots, and ones who intentionally try to seriously hurt our players.