Who is the surprise cut this offseason?

zazie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay would not be a huge shocker. Youboty? Maybe Shobel?

Schobel, NFW! I'd be shocked but not surprised by them letting go of either of the other two. Shame about Youboty, though. If he could stay healthy he'd play regularly. Alas.

GO BILLS!!!

I highly doubt Youboty would get cut. I remember thinking he was one of our best players on defense in the first few games of the season last year before his injury. I think the Bills give him another chance to stay healthy. Also, with our fetish for corners, he will probably stick.

Surprise cut for me would be Drayton Florence.

People really need to stop with this, it is beyond absurd.

Right now Hardy is #6 on the depth chart. Assuming they keep 6 receivers, there is chance that Justin Jenkins will be kept for Special teams purposes putting Hardy on the hot seat. Given his injury and the 1 year nature of TO's deal, I would expect the team to put him on the PUP list and develop him with the practice squad. It gives them optionality, if he starts to develop, to activate him midway through the season.

Right now Hardy is #6 on the depth chart. Assuming they keep 6 receivers, there is chance that Justin Jenkins will be kept for Special teams purposes putting Hardy on the hot seat. Given his injury and the 1 year nature of TO's deal, I would expect the team to put him on the PUP list and develop him with the practice squad. It gives them optionality, if he starts to develop, to activate him midway through the season.

You would cut your 2nd round pick, after 1 year, where he was injured?

You would cut your 2nd round pick, after 1 year, where he was injured?

He proved nothing in the 14 games he was there. On top of which, now he is hurt, further impairing his ability. Just because he was picked in the 2nd round doesn't mean he deserves to stay.

Should we have kept Erik Flowers because he was a 1st, how about Tavares Tillman - he was a 2nd. Bucky Brooks? Todd Collins? John Parella? People get too caught up with the fact that Hardy was a 2nd rounder. Getting drafted high doesn't mean you're good. It is more likely that you are good, but doesn't mean you are good.

He proved nothing in the 14 games he was there. On top of which, now he is hurt, further impairing his ability. Just because he was picked in the 2nd round doesn't mean he deserves to stay.

Should we have kept Erik Flowers because he was a 1st, how about Tavares Tillman - he was a 2nd. Bucky Brooks? Todd Collins? John Parella? People get too caught up with the fact that Hardy was a 2nd rounder. Getting drafted high doesn't mean you're good. It is more likely that you are good, but doesn't mean you are good.

Yeah, but all those guys were on the team a couple of years and had their chanceS. They will leave Hardy on the roster and I will even go as far to say he will play some downs this year. He should be able to learn from Owens and hopefully becomes what we though he was. You just don't cut a 2nd rounder after one year. That's the kind of stuff that eventually blows up in your face when he goes to a different team and becomes the number 1.