Who is the surprise cut this offseason?

zazie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't compare Hardy to Reed. Reed was an absolute phenom. Marques Colston was also a 7th rounder who was an opening day starter. I am not saying it can't be done, but the further down you go in the draft, the less likely you are to get playing time in light of ability.

I'm not comparing Hardy to Reed. I'm comparing Reed to Carter, a 4th rounder you used to make your point.

GO BILLS!!!

Right now Hardy is #6 on the depth chart. Assuming they keep 6 receivers, there is chance that Justin Jenkins will be kept for Special teams purposes putting Hardy on the hot seat. Given his injury and the 1 year nature of TO's deal, I would expect the team to put him on the PUP list and develop him with the practice squad. It gives them optionality, if he starts to develop, to activate him midway through the season.

The BILLS won't put Hardy on the practice squad because he would have to clear waivers first and some other team would certaintly claim him before he ever gets to the practice squad so Hardy is'nt going nowhere.