Sports Science Drew Brees

kota

Cool stuff, but...

is that really the distance that Olympic archers shoot? I doubt it as it just doesn't seem far enough for an expert archer.

(This isn't meant to take anything away from Drew's talents.)

You're right. Brees was throwing from 20 yards. The shortest of several distances used in Olympic Archery is 30 meters. They also shoot from 50, 70, and 90 meters.

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Do you guys realize Miami past twice on this guy? Once in the draft and then again in free agency.

I saw a glimpse of Trent Edwards in the video.

Don't quite understand what you mean. He was drafted in the 2nd round and was a free agent so technically didn't every NFL team (besides the Chargers and Saints) pass up on him twice?

I really didn't care about the archery thing. the fact that he hit the bullseye 10 times in a row is just crazy. I think it's a good idea that Trent reached out to Drew for throwing help.

Remember this...

KFFL reports:

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:31:14 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills QB Trent Edwards said he will seek advice from New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees about using his legs in his throwing motion more. "I feel like he's one of those guys that uses his lower body really well when he throws the football and that's something that I'm trying to do now," Edwards said. "I need to be able to maintain my body for a 17-week schedule, and I also want to get my lower body to where it needs to be, so I'm hoping to be in touch with him, and trying to be that type of player."

http://www.kffl.com/player/16361/nfl