losman done

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate people on this site that act as if they are "in the know" about players, but that being said I do know that JP... actually is counting on the five years of service in the league and collecting a pension in 25 years....

Now there's a man with goals.

Link?

The truth is, you know nothing of what interest Losman has, or hasn't, garnered. You are a the worst kind of poster. One who claims to have inside knowledge, when they are clueless. Come with evidence, or prepared to get blasted.

I do not believe this guy has insider knowledge but from what I have seen this offseason, I think it is pretty clear that there is very little(if any) interest in him from teams around the league & that there is a real possibility that Jets game may have been the last game Losman will have played in.

Back after the Arizona game, I posted some thoughts by Paul Hamilton. hamilton said after the game that he did not want to soound like a wise guy but the best thing for Losman's chances of hooking up with another team next year is if he does not take another snap for the rest of the year. I said that Hamilton hit the nail on the head with that comment. As usual I got the typical responses from the group of Losomaniacs labeling me as a hater, & Hamilton should stick to hockey & yada, yada, yada. Well this offseason has gone exactly the way I expected it to. Has anybody even brought Losman in for a visit? The only way I see him on a NFL roster this season if some teams have a real rash of injuries at the QB position. I wonder if the Senator is still holding onto his distrubing fantasy that the Jets are going to sign him up.

look i like JP but what he lacks cannot be taught. he simply does not have the inate ability to process information fast enough that he needs @ this level to be a successful QB.

call it waht you want but its what the industry calls the "it" factor. either you have it or you dont and unfortunatly for JP and also the bills he does not poessess this skill.

i wish him the best but i have been saying for months that his days in the league are over unless he wants to be a third string QB on some team which IMO he has no interest in.

Well put :lol:

Chances are good that both Losman and Grossman will end up on a roster this season. But, the soonest this will happen is august, so theres no point in rehashing this thread every week. And 1, or both of them will likely see some starts as well. QBs get hurt. Coaches get into training camp and realize that their "solid" backup plans aren't so solid when it comes to live competition. Teams lose games and QBs play absolutely terrible. These guys will find a way onto rosters.

Plus, formers starters aren't going to sign on with a team in april and be content to back up with no chance to start. They'll sign in august when they see a better opportunity for them to get playing time.

Chances are good that both Losman and Grossman will end up on a roster this season. But, the soonest this will happen is august, so theres no point in rehashing this thread every week. And 1, or both of them will likely see some starts as well. QBs get hurt. Coaches get into training camp and realize that their "solid" backup plans aren't so solid when it comes to live competition. Teams lose games and QBs play absolutely terrible. These guys will find a way onto rosters.

Plus, formers starters aren't going to sign on with a team in april and be content to back up with no chance to start. They'll sign in august when they see a better opportunity for them to get playing time.

Like you said, apparently this has to be repeated every time the topic comes up. Pretty simple, actually.

And assuming that, because he is exploring business opportunities in Buffalo, JP is not interested in playing in the NFL, is stupidity of the highest order.

Like you said, apparently this has to be repeated every time the topic comes up. Pretty simple, actually.

And assuming that, because he is exploring business opportunities in Buffalo, JP is not interested in playing in the NFL, is stupidity of the highest order.

No....sadly, I am fairly certain we will see another similar post with stupidity of an even higher magnitude.

Obviously, no really knows what type of offers Losman is receiving or what his future plans are. I do that he still lives here, which is amazing because I would have been on the first place out of here after the season. Right now, he is just a regular Buffaloian.

I also know firsthand that Losman doesn't exactly love the game of football. I'm not saying in anyway it influence his work habits, but even if he had the opportunity (which I'm not sure he has), he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd just hang around for the sake of hanging around. Failure is very tough to accepted & Losman may just be sick of failing in the NFL and ready to move on with his life. But as a Buffaloian, I'm glad he decided to make this home despite some of the negative feelings that maybe associated with the area.

As bad as Losman had turned out over his five year career, consider the fact that amazingly a three year extension was given to a man whose had a seven out of eight year losing record as an NFL head coach...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/JaurDi0.htm

Also, consider that Trent Edwards sucked against the AFC East and every good team he faced last year. Now that Losman is history, the big fat target moves directly on Jauron and Edwards. To paraphrase Kelly, it's time to show up this year or pack your f'n bags boys.

As bad as Losman had turned out over his five year career, consider the fact that amazingly a three year extension was given to a man whose had a seven out of eight year losing record as an NFL head coach...

Also, consider that Trent Edwards sucked against the AFC East and every good team he faced last year. Now that Losman is history, the big fat target moves directly on Jauron and Edwards. To paraphrase Kelly, it's time to show up this year or pack your f'n bags boys.

How about the Chargers?

Obviously, no really knows what type of offers Losman is receiving or what his future plans are. I do that he still lives here, which is amazing because I would have been on the first place out of here after the season. Right now, he is just a regular Buffaloian.

I also know firsthand that Losman doesn't exactly love the game of football. I'm not saying in anyway it influence his work habits, but even if he had the opportunity (which I'm not sure he has), he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd just hang around for the sake of hanging around. Failure is very tough to accepted & Losman may just be sick of failing in the NFL and ready to move on with his life. But as a Buffaloian, I'm glad he decided to make this home despite some of the negative feelings that maybe associated with the area.

You're a good poster so I'm not calling you a liar...but how exactly do you know this first hand?

Geez man.....how could you turn a putrid JP thread into an even more putrid DJ thread? Are you trying to start a hurl-a-thon?

I can't comment on your "first hand" knowledge that JP doesn't love the game. I think he has varying interests, though, and agree he isn't likely to be a guy who hangs on, going from team-to-team sitting on the bench. I'd guess he's waiting for a legit shot to compete, and he is likely to get that in the future.

i do have a bit of an inside track regarding JP. He isnt calling it quits. JP has recieved calls from more than a few teams, they have just been turned down. He has been waiting for a starting offer, but it is almost June, so that is not going to happen. He shot himself in the foot and will not get that offer, and most likely not a back up position at this point either. Had he not held out he most definetely would have been a back up this year, but now you may never hear from him again.