losman done

how about just admitting that maybe what I said is possible instead of making wise remarks...why can't we all just get along...I love the Bills and in fact I think JP is a good guy, he just isn't getting any attention...I thought someone would take a shot on his right arm, but no one is....I am surprised about what i found out recently and posted it....

I stand behind my post...you say potato..I (just) say(in) JP never plays again...

I didn't want to have to say this, but apparently you dont know when to quit. Giving JP his Big Mac at the drive thru does NOT qualify as "talking to him."

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only evidence is that we are 6 weeks away from training camp and he hasnt signed yet..That means we are only approximately eleven weeks away from him not being on an NFL roster at the start of the regular season..Come on even the highest JP lover has to be somewhat alarmed he hasnt been signed yet and even been given a chance yet to learn a playbook before camp starts...If the lights arent out on his career they are certainly close to being put out...

It was obvious from early on that he didn't want to sign before the draft for obvious reasons. And how many FA QBs have signed since the draft.

So, no, I am a JP fan (a Bills fan first, but a JP fan) and I'm not the least bit worried. This is simply the way things like this usually go. It's routine. He'll be on a roster.

Hey dean--let me correct you...the worst kind of poster is one who attacks when he has no idea if he is right or wrong. You assume I have no information..and call me clueless when in fact, you have no idea if I have as you call "inside information"-- that would make your point baseless and to some clueless.

if it makes you feel better to state I have no knowledge fine, it doesn't bother me if you doubt me...in fact it makes sense. Take it or leave it I really don't care. But there are worse posters. Just tell me you don't believe it, don't make yourself look like an idiot telling me I don't know what I am talking about. You don't have to be Tim Graham to know people who live in Buffalo. It is not that big a deal. We are talking about JP Losman. All I am telling you is no one is interested in him, he lives in Buffalo, he has no plans to play in the NFL next year and he is exploring business opportunities here. What do you want his mothers maiden name? Would that really make my post credible? I don't need to explain myself, there is no link, I am the source.

I thought it might interest some fans to know the deal...I have better things to do then to make up some stupid post.

thanks

No, Dean was right, and you're wrong, and it's pretty obvious.

I looked at your articles, Ronnie, and while they are well-done, neither displays any inside knowledge whatsoever.

Here, for instance, is a Bledsoe article that predated yours by four hours. link: http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2005/02/16/...22021108585335/

So if you are the source, you should have other evidence that you have been the first on a story in the past. You have none. So you have no credibility.

JP is a 28 year old Political Science graduate from Tulane University living in a Buffalo economy. Where else is he going to earn anything close to a million dollars doing anything other than holding a clipboard. All logic points to him playing - if he doesn't he's a dumb f**k.

I hate people on this site that act as if they are "in the know" about players, but that being said I do know that JP has had no recent calls, no interest and will not be playing ever again in the NFL, barring a team having an incredible run of injuries at the QB position (and that probably won't be enough). If anyone calls he may not even accept an offer to tryout..this is not me guessing this is what JP feels about his own future. Go ahead and rip me if you wish, but he is still living in Buffalo and is actually exploring business ventures in the area. He actually is counting on the five years of service in the league and collecting a pension in 25 years. Kind of sad considering he has a cannon for an arm...you would have thought someone could teach him the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this was added after much questioning of my comment

maybe this helps with my "credibility"

this article was written and published 2/9/05

bills released bledsoe one week later

first link is story I wrote for the Buffalo Beast

link two is confirmation on date of Bledsoe release

http://www.buffalobeast.com/68/wideright68.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/02/16/bledsoe050216.html

maybe this will get people off my back

What a noob lame post...geezus...there are actual teams that have some shown some interest in him for one, and two, as others have said, he could play in the CFL or AFL as a worse case scenario to try and play his way into a better opportunity...

Such a shame that we thought JP was the next Buffalo QB, and a terrible job by the scouting department. I mean no offense but as soon as I heard JP talk I knew we were screwed. How could he possibly command the respect of his players in the huddle with a voice like that. ha ha

With that being said, I do think JP will play in the NFL again. I would think somebody who needs a back QB would sign him. If anything due to a injury or something.

you'll be saying the same thing about edwards, the QB after him, and the QB after him, and so on

I hate people on this site that act as if they are "in the know" about players, but that being said I do know that JP has had no recent calls, no interest and will not be playing ever again in the NFL, barring a team having an incredible run of injuries at the QB position (and that probably won't be enough). If anyone calls he may not even accept an offer to tryout..this is not me guessing this is what JP feels about his own future. Go ahead and rip me if you wish, but he is still living in Buffalo and is actually exploring business ventures in the area. He actually is counting on the five years of service in the league and collecting a pension in 25 years. Kind of sad considering he has a cannon for an arm...you would have thought someone could teach him the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this was added after much questioning of my comment

maybe this helps with my "credibility"

this article was written and published 2/9/05

bills released bledsoe one week later

first link is story I wrote for the Buffalo Beast

link two is confirmation on date of Bledsoe release

http://www.buffalobeast.com/68/wideright68.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/02/16/bledsoe050216.html

maybe this will get people off my back

I've always liked Losman as a person and wanted him to succeed. He would have been a terrific ambassador for the city, and still could be. The fact he was a Bill will always mean something in Buffalo. He might as well put it to use toward his life after football. How does Congressman Losman sound?

PTR

I've always liked Losman as a person and wanted him to succeed. He would have been a terrific ambassador for the city, and still could be. The fact he was a Bill will always mean something in Buffalo. He might as well put it to use toward his life after football. How does Congressman Losman sound?

PTR

I think celebrity look-a-like is a more realistic career.

how about just admitting that maybe what I said is possible instead of making wise remarks...why can't we all just get along...I love the Bills and in fact I think JP is a good guy, he just isn't getting any attention...I thought someone would take a shot on his right arm, but no one is....I am surprised about what i found out recently and posted it....

I stand behind my post...you say potato..I (just) say(in) JP never plays again...

Probably because this site is full of douche nozzle 1-uppers that have nothing better to do than post 100 times a day, and blast the posters who don't keep up with their "expert" posts and opinions.

Some of you guys need to get a life (for example: Dean, Sage, VABills). Try dating women, getting a job, or doing something constructive with your time other than controlling your small little TSW world.

This sight should be about having fun. Not listening to nerds peel back everyone's posts ask for links, correct grammar, and talk about knowing a guy who knows a guy, like you are someone important. If you are dropping 100 posts a day, then you probably don't know anyone besides the people on this sight, and comic book heros.

This isn't a high school debate. We are all Bills fans. Get a life.

Probably because this site is full of douche nozzle 1-uppers that have nothing better to do than post 100 times a day, and blast the posters who don't keep up with their "expert" posts and opinions.

Some of you guys need to get a life (for example: Dean, Sage, VABills). Try dating women, getting a job, or doing something constructive with your time other than controlling your small little TSW world.

This sight should be about having fun. Not listening to nerds peel back everyone's posts ask for links, correct grammar, and talk about knowing a guy who knows a guy, like you are someone important. If you are dropping 100 posts a day, then you probably don't know anyone besides the people on this sight, and comic book heros.

Those three that you mentioned along with more then half of the other posters in this thread have contributed more to this site then you, ronnie or most people on this board. TBD & TSW have become in some ways part of being a Buffalo Bills fan, just ask any of the former players, coaches or columnists that post here. It's because of people like the ones you berate that we have the following here that we do.

I do agree that this site is meant for fun but on the other hand it has become a club of sorts, a club of people who have gotten to know each other through the years but also a club that is easy to get into unless you continually make a fool of yourself i.e. Soprano. Hell even Skooby has a place here.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you can't take the heat then maybe another board is more appropriate. I went through a similar thing a while ago when I posted about a few players I've ran into and I'm still here through the 8 or so page attack I had to deal with and I've been coming here for 9 years. Those posters who you called out will eat you or anyone that comes across as phony for breakfast as would the majority of old timers here(I know you aren't really an old timer Sage) if they so desired.

Have you met OwensMania yet. I think you two would get along. He actually uses douche nozzles.

GO BILLS!!!

Douch Nozzle 1 uppers...

Wow. That is fantastic.. I will use that today. Good Stuff. Bravo.

*site

Those three that you mentioned along with more then half of the other posters in this thread have contributed more to this site then you, ronnie or most people on this board. TBD & TSW have become in some ways part of being a Buffalo Bills fan, just ask any of the former players, coaches or columnists that post here. It's because of people like the ones you berate that we have the following here that we do.

I do agree that this site is meant for fun but on the other hand it has become a club of sorts, a club of people who have gotten to know each other through the years but also a club that is easy to get into unless you continually make a fool of yourself i.e. Soprano. Hell even Skooby has a place here.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you can't take the heat then maybe another board is more appropriate. I went through a similar thing a while ago when I posted about a few players I've ran into and I'm still here through the 8 or so page attack I had to deal with and I've been coming here for 9 years. Those posters who you called out will eat you or anyone that comes across as phony for breakfast as would the majority of old timers here(I know you aren't really an old timer Sage) if they so desired.

Wow - that might be the gayest thing I have ever read. Cant take the heat? What heat? This is a blog. They will eat me for breakfast? Uh oh. I dont want to be eaten for breakfast by a bunch fat old men that have nothing goin on in their lives besides a blog. Phony? What does that mean? I'm not a die hard blogger like the rest of you chumps? Phony is a bunch of nerds that never played football talking about football like they know the game. Watching ESPN, the NFL Network, and "contributing more to this site than I ever will" does not make you an expert. However, staring at your computer all day, looking up stats, and not talking to girls does make you gay.

I guess those of us that have lives, have jobs, and don't have to pay for girls to be nice to us just arent cut out for this. Sorry dude, but I have a lot better things going on in my life than comic books, blogging, and living in my mothers basement.

I'd rather paint my closet than listen to you ballwashers.

Wow - that might be the gayest thing I have ever read. Cant take the heat? What heat? This is a blog. They will eat me for breakfast? Uh oh. I dont want to be eaten for breakfast by a bunch fat old men that have nothing goin on in their lives besides a blog. Phony? What does that mean? I'm not a die hard blogger like the rest of you chumps? Phony is a bunch of nerds that never played football talking about football like they know the game. Watching ESPN, the NFL Network, and "contributing more to this site than I ever will" does not make you an expert. However, staring at your computer all day, looking up stats, and not talking to girls does make you gay.

I guess those of us that have lives, have jobs, and don't have to pay for girls to be nice to us just arent cut out for this. Sorry dude, but I have a lot better things going on in my life than comic books, blogging, and living in my mothers basement.

I'd rather paint my closet than listen to you ballwashers.

Then leave already! But take OwensMania with you. As I said before, you'd like him. He actually uses douche nozzles.

GO BILLS!!!

You are the only one talking about comic books, paying for girls and living in your parents basement yet you say this site is just for fun? You call people a douche nozzle but you do it in a post when you claim "We're all Bills fans". Boo freakin' Hoo. You can't help but contradict yourself.

You can pretend to be a big shot all you want on here but truth is you need to go get over it, you're not the first nor will you be the last that cries when people are being mean to them on here. It's old and boring.

Edit: Going back and re-reading your post, I have concluded that you can't be older then 18. You sound like a kid at my work who says everything is "Gay", then again you are from Boston. :blink:

5 at this point (and 3 when you replied).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get signed. Leftwich and Culpepper had trouble signing after getting dumped and you could argue both are better than Losman, though Culpepper is older.

Losman was a horrible NFL QB but he seems like a nice guy and he tried to do good things for the city so I feel bad for him. I do think he has more of a leadership mentality than Edwards does - or at least more than Edwards has shown so far.

Losman was good enough comin out of college to be in the first round. Edwards was good enough to be lauded by Bill Walsh.

Both, coached by DJ, and now either out of the league or struggling.

Hmm.....