Terrell Owens better Than Jerry Rice

Hear me out before you call me crazy. Jerry Rice had 2 HOF QB's throwing to him for the most part of his career in Montana and Young. I dont think that any QB that has ever thrown to TO will make the HOF. And yes I know that in San Fran TO had Steve Yound but that was only for a few seasons. Obviously Rice is a class act and was a saint compared to Owens but I think that if you consider who Owens had throwing to him, he should be given more credit than he has gotten.

And let the ripping begin!

I think there have been more than a few WRs that have been more talented, or physically intimidating than Jerry Rice, but here's the thing: none of them match Rice in terms of work ethic, desire, and mental focus/attitude. That is what sets him apart from the rest of the supremely talented WRs in NFL history.

Maybe Montana and and Young were HOF QBs because they were throwing to Rice?

I hear you and I agree to a certain extent. But Montana had already been named a SB MVP by the time they got Rice.

GO BILLS!!!

Hear me out before you call me crazy. Jerry Rice had 2 HOF QB's throwing to him for the most part of his career in Montana and Young. I dont think that any QB that has ever thrown to TO will make the HOF. And yes I know that in San Fran TO had Steve Yound but that was only for a few seasons. Obviously Rice is a class act and was a saint compared to Owens but I think that if you consider who Owens had throwing to him, he should be given more credit than he has gotten.

No reason to rip you. That's a perfectly reasonable thought. How many WRs have had one, let alone two, HOF QBs chucking the pigskin to them. Not many I'd venture to guess.

That said, like the old saying goes, "it takes two." Rice made it a lot easier for SF to run their offense. He was perfect for their system. But like I mentioned in my post above, Montana won an SB MVP without Rice. Not sure if that means anything just thougth it's worth noting.

GO BILLS!!!

P.S. TO is not better than Rice, IMO. They are different types of receivers. Rice's hands and route running were better. He was as good a blocker (and that's saying something).

Refresh my memory please... Who was it that demanded to be traded so he didn't have to live in Jerry Rice's shadow? If TO could have controlled his ego in SF he could have had the same HOF QBs throwing to him. Choices have consequences. Intelligence is also part of being a HOF player.

OK I'll put up my chainsaw for a while.

Refresh my memory please... Who was it that demanded to be traded so he didn't have to live in Jerry Rice's shadow? If TO could have controlled his ego in SF he could have had the same HOF QBs throeing to him. Choices have consequences. Intelligence is also part of being a HOF player.

When did TO ever demand to be traded from SF?

I heard you out. You're not crazy, but your argument is nonsense.

It's an interesting thought, but by that argument, you could say that about a lot of receivers. I think the real point here is that you think Jerry Rice is overrated.

That is not what I meant by this point but thats a good spin that you put on my words.

I heard you out. You're not crazy, but your argument is nonsense.

Owens better than Rice? Well, yeah. After all, Rice is 46 and has been out of the league for several years.

Oh, wait. You meant better than Rice in his prime? Not even close.

Refresh my memory please... Who was it that demanded to be traded so he didn't have to live in Jerry Rice's shadow?

You mean the Jerry Rice who was no longer on the 49ers after the 2000 season?

He IMO doesn't come close to Rice in terms of overall production, but let's not toss out lame excuses.