We really aren't competing outside of our division, nor should we

In all honesty I think that the bills need to start at the very most basic biulding block and STOP BEATING THEMSELVES. I honestly dont mind losing to good teams while we are doing that I just hate losing to teams equal to or crappier then us.

I can take the losses to the pats if we dont lose to the cleveland brown type teams.....then if you can play strong at the end of the year you have a chance to sneak into the playoffs where anything can happen.

- Dont lose the battle at the LOS

- Keep Edwards jersey clean

- Dont miss tackles

- Get pressure on the opposing QB

- Be agressive in the red zone and dont settle for field goals

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skoob

Not if we take care of other teams in our division that we should beat like the fins and the jets.

But I would very much like to get a split with the pats because it would do wonders for this teams confidence.

If we would of beat the NYJ / Miami both games last season & just split with NE, we would of won the AFC east. We didn't win even 1 of 6 games last season against a divisional opponent, so we never really had a chance to realistically make the playoffs.

If we would of beat the NYJ / Miami both games last season & just split with NE, we would of won the AFC east. We didn't win even 1 of 6 games last season against a divisional opponent, so we never really had a chance to realistically make the playoffs.

Skooby--no offense intended.And I applaud you if you write in this manner for purposes of humor...-But you write like a 12 year old.

I am trying to remember a season since I have been following the bills (which is a long long time) that we played so badly in our division.......jesus we sucked last year

Skooby--no offense intended.And I applaud you if you write in this manner for purposes of humor...-But you write like a 12 year old.

I'm tired and it's been a long day, forgive me for my transgressions / grammatically incorrect vocab.

I am trying to remember a season since I have been following the bills (which is a long long time) that we played so badly in our division.......jesus we sucked last year

We literally need to do everything we can to change that, henceforth why I posted this. I would focus all the guns at the teams that victories against directly increase our chances of post season play. If they go down, we go up is the real rule of thumb we need to live by.

Sure, but a 12-year old MENSA member!

:rolleyes:

Why risk injury playing in these nondivisional games? I say forfeit them and put 100% of the effort into winning the 6 divisional games. 6x1.5=9 plus the bye week and we're in with 10.

Why risk injury playing in these nondivisional games? I say forfeit them and put 100% of the effort into winning the 6 divisional games. 6x1.5=9 plus the bye week and we're in with 10.

But if we forfeit the games, do the loses still help us with the tie-breaker? or is that only when you play the games and lose?

But if we forfeit the games, do the loses still help us with the tie-breaker? or is that only when you play the games and lose?

Excellent question. If only we had someone who was an expert in nondivisional tie-breakers on the board! Of course I'm no expert, but I think we want to lose those games and a forfeit would be a loss. So.... I think we'd also win all the tie breakers.

It's redone but you obviously got the point. You cannot realistically win a division without defeating your divisional mates a huge majority of the time. The higher your winning % inside the division, the greater the likelyhood of you getting a much higher seeding.

Yeah but the things you do to win games outside the division seem to help you win in the division as well. Its talent more than game planning time that we lack.

The thought of actually winning a divisional game and why is pretty perplexing to some here and obviously wasn't a clear focus for the Bills last year. I merely am pointing out that without the best record in your division, your going to lose the division 9 out of 10 times in a 4 team divisional format. So going a step further, those games are the key to post season play based on the current situation.

Complaining about writing styles, verbiage & punctuations and not discussing the points made makes you individually look like a lost child when the adults speaking. Listen more and respond with something productive and you might actually be looked upon as midly understanding the whole concept past the surface.

Whew! Makes me glad that I'm no longer a member.

Never said I was a member, I just said my score is above what they consider a level to join their club. The grapevine is long here and confusing to some.

...Looking outside the box here, the Bills winning any less than 5 AFC east games will probably give another AFC east team the division title. The goal this year, focus on winning in the division and let the rest take care of itself.

Unless of course the Bills go 4-2-0 in the division, and 8-2-0 for the rest of their schedule, and win the AFC East with a 12-4-0 record, right Skoob? Or on the other hand, the Bills may go 5-1-0 in the division, and then tank the rest of their games with a 2-8-0 slate, and finish with their 4th consecutive 7-9-0 season.

In the 16 game NFL regular season, every game means as much as every other game, division opponent or not. And the goal for this franchise should be to just win enough overall games to at least get a damn road playoff game after 9 years of being out of the post season! You talk about those great Bills' teams in your post. In 1988, the Bills lost a road game to Cincinnati, a non-divisional opponent, and it ended up costing them a trip to the SB. The AFC Championship game was held in Cinti instead of Buffalo, and the Bills lost.