Peters sack totals (maybe not that bad)

Acutally, I felt that J.P. and Jauron cost us that game.

J.P. for trying to forward pass whilst being mauled and having no receivers around him

and Jauron for not knowing J.P. would do exactly that when he called the bootleg.

Not sure how Peters had anything to do with J.P. not just going down, taking the sack, letting the clock run, and winning the game.

Fatass decided it would be fun to not block anyone on that play. He could have blocked a blitzing Elam, but the wide load was either too fat to get out of his stance quick enough, or too retarded to realize there was a safety blitz. I don't want any of these qualities in a LT.

Fat and stupid is no way to go through life, but Peters is sure as hell trying.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Acutally, I felt that J.P. and Jauron cost us that game.

J.P. for trying to forward pass whilst being mauled and having no receivers around him

and Jauron for not knowing J.P. would do exactly that when he called the bootleg.

Not sure how Peters had anything to do with J.P. not just going down, taking the sack, letting the clock run, and winning the game.

It would have been a bad call with Edwards, Brady or Manning at QB. That's not to say both JPs didn't screw up...they did. But, the call was indefensible no matter who was at QB, as an incompletion still almost surely would have left a second or two on the clock, before the two minute warning. Of course, knowing JP was at QB makes the call one of the worst I have ever seen, in any game.

Fat and stupid is no way to go through life, but Peters is sure as hell trying.

And, judging by his new contract, he is succeeding at a very high level.

Joyner's statistical analysis is not supposed to be the end-all of stats, nor is it supposed to replace all other objective and subjective analysis before it. It's supposed to be an additional, semi-original, scientific way of looking at the game through statistics, with a different POV, similar to the Bill James extract. It is added value to a wide array of stats.

Er, um, Kemp retired a Buffalo Bill. Thurman, save for a brief one-year stint in Miami - which was basically forced upon him when the Bills released him to get out of Butler's salary cap hell - also retired a Buffalo Bill. Both of those guys bleed Bills Blue.

Peters was a slacker and a malcontent who quit on his team, and on his team mates. Don't even try to compare that fat POS to a HOF RB or the guy who QB'd the Bills to their only league championships.

F*#K Jason Peters.

See, you can rationalize away anything. The fact that Thurman was a Fin for a year, it's OK. Because "he bleeds yadda yadda yadda." Yeah, from now on, I'll be sure to let you decide who I compare to who. Also, I'll only talk about any players you give me permission to talk about. You know, because of your omnipotent, divine nature.

My point, which you seem to have missed, is that telling everyone that they do not have permission to talk about ex-Bills for any reason on these boards doesn't make sense. And it doesn't, for any reason.

one problem with Joyners #'s is that they were for run blocking only..he didn't mention anything about any of the teams o-lines pass blocking...from what I can remember, the worst sacks allowed where when J.P. was behind center..of course I can't remember the play that knocked out Edwards...

The safety that killed TE came from Walker's side (not blaming Walker necessarily but it was from Trent's right side)

I had predicted that when Peters is playing well for the Eagles, the Peters haters would say why are we talking about Peters or words to that effect. I did not anticipate that they would use that line so soon though.

The fact of the matter is that this trade (good or bad) will impact the team for a long time. OJ begat Cousineau who begat Kelly who helped begat four straight Superbowl appearances.

As Bills fans, to this day, we spend plenty of time talking/posting about former Bills. We are still debating RJ/Flutie just to mention one topic.

Exactly. Wish I had said it this well.

Says people who understand neither statistics nor appropriate statistical method.

KC's methods are interesting and good for a debate, but he attempts to apply rigorous statistical analysis to a sport in which there are too many external variables. Under intense scrutiny, KC's methods would most likely fall apart. Baseball is a sport that you can have rigorous analysis due to the relative simplicity of the game and the fact you have an extremely large sample size for your analysis (162 games, 500-600 at bats, etc).

Someone mentioned home runs. Lets compare those to pass completions. When analyzing home runs, you have a relatively simple analysis. It is pitcher versus batter. No other external factors come into play. (i'm leaving out mental factors). A person's home run hitting ability isn't going to be affected by runners on base, nor by any outfield shift, nor by how big of a leadoff the runner takes, nor by the amount of pick-off throws the pitcher makes. The home run comes down to the batter being able to hit the pitched ball.

Compare that to the pass completion. A multitude of variables affect a completed pass. What type of coverage is the defense is? How many people are in coverage? How long is the pass? Did any of the blockers miss an assignment? Did a WR run the wrong route. Did a WR get jammed? Was the QB hurried? This is why it is extremely difficult to make a rigorous statistical analysis with football.

To some extent, of course, you're exactly right, stats don't come about in a vacuum. But it's not a coincidence that great players almost always have great stats and lousy players almost always have lousy stats.

Baseball also has it's factors twisting and affecting stats. Batters who bat in front of another good batter get fewer intentional walks and more good pitches. There are a million examples of these types of factors in virtually any interesting game.

Joyner's statistical analysis is not supposed to be the end-all of stats, nor is it supposed to replace all other objective and subjective analysis before it. It's supposed to be an additional, semi-original, scientific way of looking at the game through statistics, with a different POV, similar to the Bill James extract. It is added value to a wide array of stats.

That's far too rational an explanation for TSW, Dog. It is either the best tool ever, or it sucks. And, depending on what it suggests on any given issue, it is probably both.

I had predicted that when Peters is playing well for the Eagles, the Peters haters would say why are we talking about Peters or words to that effect. I did not anticipate that they would use that line so soon though.

The fact of the matter is that this trade (good or bad) will impact the team for a long time. OJ begat Cousineau who begat Kelly who helped begat four straight Superbowl appearances.

As Bills fans, to this day, we spend plenty of time talking/posting about former Bills. We are still debating RJ/Flutie just to mention one topic.

My April 18th Prediction

I'm not sure if I ever saw this talked about, and if it has been then I apologize. First off, the numbers KC Joyner provided shows that when it comes to run blocking, even with his 11.5 sacks in 13 games, Peters is a beast. Second, I was wondering if a bulk of Peters sacks came when J.P. took over while Trent was out. Losman was prone to a lot of sacks for his constant scrambling, and I was wondering if Peters' inflated sack totals might have been due to Losman. Just throwing it out there because I was curious. Please don't kill me

it is 125 days until we tee it up in New England, with threads like these it is going to be a long summer

Precisely!

And if you're about to give a player(s) millions of dollars, wouldn't you want every bit of information available to help make/confirm your decision? I would think/hope the Bills' FO is all over this type of information and already called the guy (or hired someone similar) to see about him consulting for the team.

I'm not sure if I ever saw this talked about, and if it has been then I apologize. First off, the numbers KC Joyner provided shows that when it comes to run blocking, even with his 11.5 sacks in 13 games, Peters is a beast. Second, I was wondering if a bulk of Peters sacks came when J.P. took over while Trent was out. Losman was prone to a lot of sacks for his constant scrambling, and I was wondering if Peters' inflated sack totals might have been due to Losman. Just throwing it out there because I was curious. Please don't kill me

Peters was the cause for Edwards going out!!! and Was the reason Losman fumbled against the Jets..

Thank god he is gone time to move on!!!

Enough Said....