Who is Pisa?

I consider myself a really well educated football fan but I have never heard of this guy. Its prolly because he played for the Rams. But if he was there leading tackler than why did they release him?

Is it age?

Is it a cap casualty?

It it that he does not fit the scheme of the new coach and system?

If so many people want the Bills to sign the guy I would just like to make sure they didnt release him cause his skills are declining or he had a major injury.

Because Spagnolo understands that to win Championships in today's NFL you need guys who are both big AND athletic.

After '07, folks here were crowing about how Ellison was was the top LB defending against the pass, and the future of the BUF lb corps was unlimited. That's been replaced by proclamations of having the best db corps. Now, the resurrection of McCargo is chatted about.

Hope springs infernal...

Because Spagnolo understands that to win Championships in today's NFL you need guys who are both big AND athletic.

Not necessarily. That's the way I'd go, but the tiny Colts defense proved that wrong with their small/fast Tampa-2 defense and winning the Super Bowl. I'd say that their defense (although played great during the playoffs) wasn't the reason for their Championship, Manning and that offense was, but they still did it.

I can only dream of the day we get rid of this ridiculous defense.

Not necessarily. That's the way I'd go, but the tiny Colts defense proved that wrong with their small/fast Tampa-2 defense and winning the Super Bowl. I'd say that their defense (although played great during the playoffs) wasn't the reason for their Championship, Manning and that offense was, but they still did it.

You, of course, know that the Detriot Lions "0-16 Dream Team" of 08 ran the exact same "small, speedy Tampa-2" defensive scheme.

I'm not so sure I'd go that far..the Colt's D was having some problems, it wasn't until Bob Sanders got back from injury that the D started to gell again...course, like you said, it was during the playoffs...I agree with your second sentence tho.

The Bills front 7 averages 263lbs and the Steelers championship team averaged 271lbs.

Thats not a huge difference. If you take last years front with Denney instead of Schobel we are actually 266lbs.

Talent wins, nothing else.

I consider myself a really well educated football fan but I have never heard of this guy. Its prolly because he played for the Rams. But if he was there leading tackler than why did they release him?

Is it age?

Is it a cap casualty?

It it that he does not fit the scheme of the new coach and system?

If so many people want the Bills to sign the guy I would just like to make sure they didnt release him cause his skills are declining or he had a major injury.

Guess your football education ain't at all wat u tink it is......

You, of course, know that the Detriot Lions "0-16 Dream Team" of 08 ran the exact same "small, speedy Tampa-2" defensive scheme.

Yes, I do. That has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but sure.