Dead weight

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on being the only one who thinks Butler was bad last year. He was our most solid, and arguably our best lineman during last season. The run game went to hell when he was out of the lineup. Not to mention butler signed an extension last offseason. He isn't going anywhere. The only place he sucks is in your mind.

If he did so well why did Buffalo draft a first round pick to replace him? Wood? Because he was the best lineman on the team? He might have been Buffalo best interior lineman (that is not saying a whole lot). He is a below average guard. I hope he strikes gold at right tackle. If he is there on opening day I will root for him. Fact of the matter Buffalo traded JP and did not replace him in the draft. Kept Butler and drafted a player to replace him. Many post and articles I have read this offseason have left me with the opinion that Buffalo wants Demetrius Bell to win the Right tackle position. I am not sure if he is ready to do that yet. So Butler might squeez another year out of Buffalo's vault, but he will never be more than a journeymen lineman.

If he did so well why did Buffalo draft a first round pick to replace him? Wood? Because he was the best lineman on the team? He might have been Buffalo best interior lineman (that is not saying a whole lot). He is a below average guard. I hope he strikes gold at right tackle. If he is there on opening day I will root for him. Fact of the matter Buffalo traded JP and did not replace him in the draft. Kept Butler and drafted a player to replace him. Many post and articles I have read this offseason have left me with the opinion that Buffalo wants Demetrius Bell to win the Right tackle position. I am not sure if he is ready to do that yet. So Butler might squeez another year out of Buffalo's vault, but he will never be more than a journeymen lineman.

Your logic is horribly flawed...you don't draft to replace people.

You take the best players available and make the entire team stronger.

In the Bills mind, Wood was the highest rated player left on their board at 28. That's why he was selected.

I don't know if Brad Butler personally offended you in some way, but calling him a journeyman lineman is ridiculous!

Show me one article that tells you that.

I've seen quotes from the team that they like Bell's potential, but making that corollary is--in my opinion--very misguided.

They're going to start Butler, be it at guard or tackle. If they had no intention of starting him, they wouldn't have given him a multi-million dollar extension last season.

The team didn't draft Wood to replace Butler because they disliked his play, they drafted Wood because they wanted to shore up the interior of their line when they move Butler to tackle. Clearly, the team wanted Butler to play tackle long-term, the fact that he started at right guard was a consequence of the team wanting to get the best 5 linemen on the field at once, and they obviously felt like he was one of their top 5. Now that Peters is gone, the team still needs to get their best 5 linemen on the field at the same time. Obviously, they felt that they needed a stronger 5 than Walker-Chambers-Hangartner-Butler-Bell, so they drafted Wood and Levitre.

Apparently, the team now feels that their best 5 are Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler, and thus they'll get them on the field together.

1. You can't spell "elaborated"

2. You don't know what "elaborated" means

3. You actually think we're just going to up and cut Whitner.

Credibility.......gone

Elaborated. "to expand something in detail". Sage it is better to be quiet and thought of as a idiot, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Just words of advice so you can work on your credability

Show me one article that tells you that.

I've seen quotes from the team that they like Bell's potential, but making that corollary is--in my opinion--very misguided.

They're going to start Butler, be it at guard or tackle. If they had no intention of starting him, they wouldn't have given him a multi-million dollar extension last season.

The team didn't draft Wood to replace Butler because they disliked his play, they drafted Wood because they wanted to shore up the interior of their line when they move Butler to tackle. Clearly, the team wanted Butler to play tackle long-term, the fact that he started at right guard was a consequence of the team wanting to get the best 5 linemen on the field at once, and they obviously felt like he was one of their top 5. Now that Peters is gone, the team still needs to get their best 5 linemen on the field at the same time. Obviously, they felt that they needed a stronger 5 than Walker-Chambers-Hangartner-Butler-Bell, so they drafted Wood and Levitre.

Apparently, the team now feels that their best 5 are Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler, and thus they'll get them on the field together.

His listed salary this year is 495,470 dollars sounds like journeyman numbers to me not multmillions.

Elaborated. "to expand something in detail". Sage it is better to be quiet and thought of as a idiot, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Just words of advice so you can work on your credability

Yeah, I know what the word means. So your idea of "elaborating" is claiming that Whitner makes 5 million a year when he actually makes close to 2.7? That's going into further detail.

A short play:

Employer: We've been impressed with your work lately.

Employee: Thank you, sir. I've been trying my hardest.

Employer: We're prepared to give you a $20,000 raise next fiscal year.

Employee: REALLY???

Employer: No, I actually meant $5,000. Sorry for elaborating so much.

His listed salary this year is 495,470 dollars sounds like journeyman numbers to me not multmillions.

Contract Information for Brad Butler

6/25/2008: Signed a three-year, $8.8 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $3.9 million in bonuses. 2009: $1 million, 2010-2012: $1.55 million, 2013: Free Agent

IMO, Whitner is a locker room leader and gets good grades by the coaches. Maybe he's overpaid, but that's a consequence of where he was drafted.

Brad Butler, as has been stated here, was the best overall OL in 2008 and they want him to play tackle. Seems like it's a promotion to me.

Roscoe won't be cut, the Bills were just trying to see if they could pick up another draft choice for him, because they're deep in WR and RP wants more touches on offense. He still could be traded, but I can't see him being released.

Kelsay, maybe, but I'm guessing they'll try to redo his contract before they release him.

1. Whitner, 5million fish a year and he has just not earned it yet.

2. Butler, Right Tackle will be his last attempt to establish himself as a pro. (terrible IMO at right gurad last year)

3. Kelsay, although not really a surprise.

4. Roscoe, IMO the only person in this group who was productive last year. Will come down to WR # and money.

Seriously, watch did you watch to make you come to the conclusion that Butler was terrible at guard. Boy I'm so glad your not running this team.

1. Whitner, 5million fish a year and he has just not earned it yet.

2. Butler, Right Tackle will be his last attempt to establish himself as a pro. (terrible IMO at right gurad last year)

3. Kelsay, although not really a surprise.

4. Roscoe, IMO the only person in this group who was productive last year. Will come down to WR # and money.

what's a "right gurad"? :w00t:

:w00t: Wow. Maybe you meant to say that you completely and utterly exaggerated Whitner's yearly salary? Just quit while your ahead, man.

Yeah, I know what the word means. So your idea of "elaborating" is claiming that Whitner makes 5 million a year when he actually makes close to 2.7? That's going into further detail.

A short play:

Employer: We've been impressed with your work lately.

Employee: Thank you, sir. I've been trying my hardest.

Employer: We're prepared to give you a $20,000 raise next fiscal year.

Employee: REALLY???

Employer: No, I actually meant $5,000. Sorry for elaborating so much.

cap hit 4.9 million that is roughly 5 million as I elaborated earlier

Wow! Ok he's f'ing with us.

cap hit 4.9 million that is roughly 5 million as I elaborated earlier

You don't recoup the prorated signing bonus as a team if u cut him. In aples to apples, Whitner's game checks will equal his salary this year, not his cap charge.