Why i hate the offseason....

Unreasonable optimism. We all fall for it.

TO signed for 1 year amounts to a pathetic headline grabber that does little to improve the long-term health of this team.

No effort to improve the DL,OL,TE. yeah, i know..some college punk is going to come in and save our franchise....can't wait.

Owner states that offensive coordination is pathetic and yet, he does nothing about it.; Oh, and we traded away our most talented offensive player. yeah, i know...what choice did they have? how about giving him the contract that philly gave him. if he sucks, you cut him like Dockery.

Stop drinking the Kool-aid!

TO signed for 1 year amounts to a pathetic headline grabber that does little to improve the long-term health of this team.

No effort to improve the DL,OL,TE. yeah, i know..some college punk is going to come in and save our franchise....can't wait.

Owner states that offensive coordination is pathetic and yet, he does nothing about it.; Oh, and we traded away our most talented offensive player. yeah, i know...what choice did they have? how about giving him the contract that philly gave him. if he sucks, you cut him like Dockery.

So you wanted to pay him 10 mill a year, and if he sucks, just cut him and let him run off with the money? Wow. <_<

Unreasonable optimism is one of the best things about being a sports fan. Every year you start over and you never know when it might be a special one. Quit trying to piss on my corn flakes.

So in other words, you would prefer your wife or girlfriend to be bitchy to you for all 12 months of the year instead of enjoying her cheery disposition for 6-8 months before the inevitable crankiness sets in?

I never understood the concept of not wanting to be hopeful or optimistic about the season or the upcoming game because your fall will be greater when we don't win. My fall when we don't win is exactly the same whether I think we're going to win or lose: Loses are awful. Always. Wins are great. Always. Surely there are more bitter losses than others, but it's usually the way the game plays out, or it's because "Damnit, we're better than them, we should've won that game!" But I don't think the letdown is any greater because all week I thought we had a good chance to win. It's a loss, it sucks, all losses suck.

I would much rather spend Monday through Sunday morning thinking we have a chance to win, even if it's not a good chance, rather than be miserable the entire week. That's not being delusional or a homer, it's just an optimist, and makes for a much better week.

So, how do you feel about the regular season?

No effort to improve the DL/OL? I'm sorry, what were the positions taken with 3 out of our first 4 picks? Ah, but they're just college punks so not worth it. That doesn't square with your consternation about not anything to improve the "long-term health of this team." But why quibble.

Better yet, why give a crap at all? It's obvious this team has hurt you deeply. Quit now before you end up going postal.

GO BILLS!!!

Great post!! We need more truth.. Not only did we do nothing but every other AFC East team IMPROVED on REAL players not college kids..Don't also forget we have the worst coaching staff with the fewest years of experience for both our coordinators compared to the other AFC East teams.. These "cheerleaders" on this site drive you crazy!

Hate the offseason...? You're obviously not a real fan. We, real fan's, live for the news of the next day and the goings on at OBD. We come on boards like this to speculate and vent. We, real fans, sit on the edge of our seats for each pick of the draft. There is nothing for us to do but speculate. There is no sense of being a fan if you go into every season looking to disappointed. Of course we're optimistic, it's our team. You know the one that is your reason to get out of bed on a Sunday, the one that makes it perfectly acceptable to drink beer b4 lunch. You, my friend, are not one of us...you're one of the countless, unoriginal pessimists who posts the same regurgitated crap that the last guy who thought the Bills should have done something they thought of, because we all know that Joe Schmo knows more about football than those who run OBD. Do us all a favor, become a Miami fan, leave this board, and kick yourself in the nuttttts! <_<

Kool-Aid is good. By the way, for those who think buying high priced free agents wins you titles, see the Redskins post Daniel Snyder. Glass half empty fans suck!

Great post!! We need more truth.. Not only did we do nothing but every other AFC East team IMPROVED on REAL players not college kids..Don't also forget we have the worst coaching staff with the fewest years of experience for both our coordinators compared to the other AFC East teams.. These "cheerleaders" on this site drive you crazy!

You can say that again. Oh, you did.

Oh Booo Hooo! Go root for another team then. You guys sound like a lot of fun to be around. :wallbash:

PUNCH! For Trolls PUNCH! :wallbash: