Post your Hatton-Pacquiao links here

The Dean

I'll start searching a little later, and will post what I find. But, sometimes the links go down during the big fights, so it's good to have some alternatives.

Please post em if you got em. And, if you are worried, please PM me and I'll keep it to myself. Thanks

$50 for 6 minutes.

Pacman and Mayweather. That's what I want to see

Yeah,I can't wait for that one. I hope Manny kicks the crap of pretty boy Floyd. Pacquiao has become my favorite fighter. I haven't seen a combination of hand speed,power and aggressiveness like him since a lightweight Roberto Duran.

$50 for 6 minutes.

Pacman and Mayweather. That's what I want to see

The Soto-Gaudet fight wasn't terrible. Despite being knocked down in the first round (twice maybe?) Gaudet hung in for 9 rounds, and actually rocked Soto a time or two. But, Soto was too good, and finished Gaudet off in the 9th.

Pacquiao's hands were just too fast for Hatton, and Pac's power is awesome.

Wow! That was one of the most impressive KOs I've ever seen from one of the little guys. And I've never seen such a discrepancy in hand speed before. Manny P's punches are crisp, effortless, and accurate, whereas Hatton looked like he was punching under water or something. Can't wait to see him fight again.

good god i have never seen a lightweight move up weight so quick and destroy a top fighter like that

Hatton is not a top fighter, he has fought NO ONE. He is grossly over rated. has no defense and severe glass chin.

What a waste of time and effort that fight was. And to top it all off I lost 100 bucks on the Hack. Figured he would get lucky with 1 punch but not a chance. he was out matched from the opening bell.

Hatton is not a top fighter, he has fought NO ONE. He is grossly over rated. has no defense and severe glass chin.

What a waste of time and effort that fight was. And to top it all off I lost 100 bucks on the Hack. Figured he would get lucky with 1 punch but not a chance. he was out matched from the opening bell.

I foolishly put a little money on Hatton too, just because I liked the odds, so I feel your pain. What a joke. That's an embarrasing way to end a career if it does end up being his last fight, which it damn well should be. That may have been the most lop-sided fight of the decade thus far. Both he and Mayweather Sr. should apologize for wasting the time and money of anyone who had the misfortune of buying that fight. Way to earn your $8 mill, Hitman. :wallbash:

I foolishly put a little money on Hatton too, just because I liked the odds, so I feel your pain. What a joke. That's an embarrasing way to end a career if it does end up being his last fight, which it damn well should be. That may have been the most lop-sided fight of the decade thus far. Both he and Mayweather Sr. should apologize for wasting the time and money of anyone who had the misfortune of buying that fight. Way to earn your $8 mill, Hitman. :wallbash:

Figured the purse was worth more than that. Hattons problem is he has never fought anyone that skilled. He is a brawler in every sense of the term. As much as May Sr. preached how great his defense has become he looked so unprepared its not funny. Hatton fought a lot of guys no one has heard of and the ones he did where nothing special. Mayweather made him look silly. But the Pac-Mayweather bout should be great.

I must ask with all due respect: If Hatton has fought noone, was very overrated, has no defense and has a glass chin, even with good odds, why in the world would you bet 100 on him? :wallbash:

Hatton WAS a pretty good fighter. But is hardly the poster boy for staying in shape. He eats poorly and drinks like a fish, continually becoming a walking blob between fights and then has to loose all the weight for each fight. After a decade+ of abusing his body his age has caught up with him. Once he might have had an outside chance of winning fights like these, but no longer.

I must ask with all due respect: If Hatton has fought noone, was very overrated, has no defense and has a glass chin, even with good odds, why in the world would you bet 100 on him? :wallbash:

I know....Hatton has some great KO power and was hoping he would get lucky. won 500 in the derby and he was +210 so I took a shot.

Hatton WAS a pretty good fighter. But is hardly the poster boy for staying in shape. He eats poorly and drinks like a fish, continually becoming a walking blob between fights and then has to loose all the weight for each fight. After a decade+ of abusing his body his age has caught up with him. Once he might have had an outside chance of winning fights like these, but no longer.

I agree with that. he is way past his prime. Wont see another pay day for a while.

I agree with that. he is way past his prime. Wont see another pay day for a while.

All your points about Ricky Hatton are flat out false. I wouldn't bet on boxing anymore if I were you. First off, Hatton is far from a one punch knock out artist. He has decent power but gets his knockouts from relentless pressure and overwhelming opponents. To think he was going to land a bomb and knock out Manny is bad logic, it's just not his style. You also said that he has never faced anyone really good. He knocked out both Kosta Tsyzu and Jose Louis Castillo. In addition to these opponents he has made his way through all of Europes best. He also beat Paulie Maignaggi, Juan Lazcano Vince Phillips,and Ben Tackie.

His only losses are against Mayweather and Pacquiao. Mayweather is undefeated and one of the best fighters we have seen in a decade. He might be one of the best ever but his resume is a little soft. Did you watch the Hatton/Mayweather fight? Hatton didn't get whipped at all. He gave Mayweather the closest fight he has ever had. Prior to the seventh and eigth rounds it was up in the air who was winning. Mayweather also said that Ricky was by far his toughest opponent. You don't hear Floyd say things like that.

Obviously the Pacquiao fight was a complete and total beat down. So what? Manny Pacquiao is going to be in the conversation for best fighter of all time before his career is done. Yes, ALL TIME. He has destroyed many great fighters and is fighting at his absolute peak. Just because Hatton lost to this great fighter doesn't make him a bum. No one in the world can beat him right now. Hatton whipped the number one contender in his fight prior to Pacquiao. He is the second best light welterweight in the world and the first best is Pacquiao.

To say a 30 year old Hatton is passed is prime,is foolish. Ricky is in his prime and will never be able to beat Mayweather or Pacquiao. The only reason retirement is being contemplated is because he has no one to fight. He can't garner a mega fight anymore and he has all the money he needs. He isn't big on the tough training lifestyle and he has nothing left he can prove. Educated boxing fans will recognize him as a very very good fighter. The problem is that boxing barely has a pulse and casual fans don't get much information. You have to really put forth an effort to follow the sport. Did anyone hear about Jermain Taylor getting KOed last week?

Anyway, thats my rant about Hatton. I don't mean to attack you Tone, but you were off a little bit. It's too bad boxing is a joke. We have something very special right now, with Pacquiao.

All your points about Ricky Hatton are flat out false. I wouldn't bet on boxing anymore if I were you. First off, Hatton is far from a one punch knock out artist. He has decent power but gets his knockouts from relentless pressure and overwhelming opponents. To think he was going to land a bomb and knock out Manny is bad logic, it's just not his style. You also said that he has never faced anyone really good. He knocked out both Kosta Tsyzu and Jose Louis Castillo. In addition to these opponents he has made his way through all of Europes best. He also beat Paulie Maignaggi, Juan Lazcano Vince Phillips,and Ben Tackie.

His only losses are against Mayweather and Pacquiao. Mayweather is undefeated and one of the best fighters we have seen in a decade. He might be one of the best ever but his resume is a little soft. Did you watch the Hatton/Mayweather fight? Hatton didn't get whipped at all. He gave Mayweather the closest fight he has ever had. Prior to the seventh and eigth rounds it was up in the air who was winning. Mayweather also said that Ricky was by far his toughest opponent. You don't hear Floyd say things like that.

Obviously the Pacquiao fight was a complete and total beat down. So what? Manny Pacquiao is going to be in the conversation for best fighter of all time before his career is done. Yes, ALL TIME. He has destroyed many great fighters and is fighting at his absolute peak. Just because Hatton lost to this great fighter doesn't make him a bum. No one in the world can beat him right now. Hatton whipped the number one contender in his fight prior to Pacquiao. He is the second best light welterweight in the world and the first best is Pacquiao.

To say a 30 year old Hatton is passed is prime,is foolish. Ricky is in his prime and will never be able to beat Mayweather or Pacquiao. The only reason retirement is being contemplated is because he has no one to fight. He can't garner a mega fight anymore and he has all the money he needs. He isn't big on the tough training lifestyle and he has nothing left he can prove. Educated boxing fans will recognize him as a very very good fighter. The problem is that boxing barely has a pulse and casual fans don't get much information. You have to really put forth an effort to follow the sport. Did anyone hear about Jermain Taylor getting KOed last week?

Anyway, thats my rant about Hatton. I don't mean to attack you Tone, but you were off a little bit. It's too bad boxing is a joke. We have something very special right now, with Pacquiao.

I think Hatton is an average top ranked boxer. What I mean is that he isn't one of the best boxers in the world, but he is good enough to be considered an upper echelon boxer.

You are right that he doesn't knock you out with his power, he just relentlessly stalks and sufficates you in the ring, he follows you and is always throwing punches, and eventually tires out most boxers that he faces. But it has become painfully obvious, that he struggles mightily with boxers that have quick hand speed. I believe he has also shown that he really doesn't have a championship calibur jaw.

I am a huge boxing fan and one thing I have observed in most boxers is that when they get their cherry popped one time, most of them never return to what they were before. What I mean is that once they get knocked out, their chin is more susceptible to big punches.

The first minute of the fight, I thought there was a chance that it could be an interesting fight, because you saw hatton want to apply the pressure to Pacman, but somewhere around the 90 second mark, Pacman started to land effective shots, and you could see it visibly affect Hatton, he seemed to be on less firm footing, at that point I knew it was just a matter of time.

The Marquez, Mayweather fight should be somewhat entertaining. I believe that Marquez may very well be the most skilled boxer in all of boxing. He has a tremendous chin, good quickness, great stamina and just about everything you could ask for out of an elite boxer.

Having said that, Mayweather is the bigger, stronger and quicker boxer. I see Mayweather either knocking Marquez out in the late rounds, or winning the majority of the rounds in a somewhat lobsided decision.

Mayweather is too quick and strong for Marquez.

The guy who I think has the best shot at beating Mayweather is Pacman. He is the only boxer in my view who has the quickness to be able to tag Mayweather a few times. Not only does he have the quickness, but he has tremendous power in his left hand, and I don't believe there is a more accurate puncher in all of boxing. He also has a tremendous work rate, and I could see him winning rounds for the simple fact that he would be the busier boxer out of the two. Pacman's defense is at an elite level, and one of the things that I love about Pacman is that he is able to punch very effectively with power while he is dodging punches, where as Mayweather taps the target and runs, over and over.

I hope it happens. I believe it would be an epic fight

I actually thought that Oscar Delahoya giave PBF a better run for his money then the score cards indicated......of course Manny destroyed Oscar.

There has to be a PBF vs Manny superfight.....they will both make a gazillion dollars.

I think Hatton is an average top ranked boxer. What I mean is that he isn't one of the best boxers in the world, but he is good enough to be considered an upper echelon boxer.

You are right that he doesn't knock you out with his power, he just relentlessly stalks and sufficates you in the ring, he follows you and is always throwing punches, and eventually tires out most boxers that he faces. But it has become painfully obvious, that he struggles mightily with boxers that have quick hand speed. I believe he has also shown that he really doesn't have a championship calibur jaw.

I am a huge boxing fan and one thing I have observed in most boxers is that when they get their cherry popped one time, most of them never return to what they were before. What I mean is that once they get knocked out, their chin is more susceptible to big punches.

The first minute of the fight, I thought there was a chance that it could be an interesting fight, because you saw hatton want to apply the pressure to Pacman, but somewhere around the 90 second mark, Pacman started to land effective shots, and you could see it visibly affect Hatton, he seemed to be on less firm footing, at that point I knew it was just a matter of time.

The Marquez, Mayweather fight should be somewhat entertaining. I believe that Marquez may very well be the most skilled boxer in all of boxing. He has a tremendous chin, good quickness, great stamina and just about everything you could ask for out of an elite boxer.

Having said that, Mayweather is the bigger, stronger and quicker boxer. I see Mayweather either knocking Marquez out in the late rounds, or winning the majority of the rounds in a somewhat lobsided decision.

Mayweather is too quick and strong for Marquez.

The guy who I think has the best shot at beating Mayweather is Pacman. He is the only boxer in my view who has the quickness to be able to tag Mayweather a few times. Not only does he have the quickness, but he has tremendous power in his left hand, and I don't believe there is a more accurate puncher in all of boxing. He also has a tremendous work rate, and I could see him winning rounds for the simple fact that he would be the busier boxer out of the two. Pacman's defense is at an elite level, and one of the things that I love about Pacman is that he is able to punch very effectively with power while he is dodging punches, where as Mayweather taps the target and runs, over and over.

I hope it happens. I believe it would be an epic fight

I agree with everything you say about Hatton. I do however think that he is/was one of the best boxers in the world. IMO, he should be remembered as a good, not great champion. He defeated alot of good fighters and one great fighter (Kosta Tszyu). Tszyu was older at the time but still heavily favored in the fight. Hatton has only two losses to his record and both came at the hands of the very best. He was never an elite talent and got exposed by the very best.

I agree with your Marquez/Mayweather prediction. Floyd is just to big and to slick for Marquez, especially at the ripe old age of 35. Floyd has such a wonderful way of picking fights. IMO, the guy hasn't been in with a real serious threat yet. Floyd is about money and offers nothing for the fans. Why hasn't he fought Cotto or Sugar Shane? He won't be able to resist the big pay day that Manny will bring. Pacman would be the first real risk he has taken. The other guy who Floyd wants nothing to do with is Paul Williams. Pretty boy would never get into the ring with that animal. Boxing is so corrupt.

I actually thought that Oscar Delahoya giave PBF a better run for his money then the score cards indicated......of course Manny destroyed Oscar.

There has to be a PBF vs Manny superfight.....they will both make a gazillion dollars.

I agree with you John, Oscar held his own in that fight. Of course PBF wasn't there to fight anyway. He will not be able to pitter patter and run against Pacman. I don't think anyone is quicker than Manny and he will force Floyd into a fight. Floyd would be best suited to go with a counter punch strategy, IMO. That is how Marquez had success against Manny, and Floyd would have a nice size advantage. The interesting part will be how Floyd deals with someone who will put serious pressure on him.

Respectfully disagree with you. He fought Tszyu at the end of his rope.

Hattton has 30 wins by either KO or TKO but he doesn't have knock out power? Ok. With the exception of a few fighters on that list Hatton has pretty much drug his feet through inferior Euro boxers.

Hatton is over aggressive and has no sense of defense. That was abundantly clear on Saturday. He can't bully better fighters with his barage of punches because the better fighter can wait him out and expose his weakening chin. Hatton is a good fighter but does not deserve to be named one of the best in the world.

Respectfully disagree with you. He fought Tszyu at the end of his rope.

Hattton has 30 wins by either KO or TKO but he doesn't have knock out power? Ok. With the exception of a few fighters on that list Hatton has pretty much drug his feet through inferior Euro boxers.

Hatton is over aggressive and has no sense of defense. That was abundantly clear on Saturday. He can't bully better fighters with his barage of punches because the better fighter can wait him out and expose his weakening chin. Hatton is a good fighter but does not deserve to be named one of the best in the world.

I didn't say that Hatton has no KO power. I said he is not a one punch KO guy, like you banked on with your bet. Most of his KOs have come from refs calling it based on volume of punches or opponents quitting. Take a look at the ridiculous number of wins he has were the guy doesn't get off his stool.

The notion that Euro boxers are chumps is misguided American pride. At many points of boxing history I would say you have a point. In today's boxing world Euros are as good if not better than our fighters. Many of our champions have been pounded by Euro fighters as of late. Roy jones has made a career of avoiding Euro fighters. The heavyweight division is dominated by Euro fighters. Just because we aren't as familiar with the names doesn't mean they are inferior.

If it wasn't for Pacman and Pretty Boy Floyd, no one would touch Ricky Hatton. These two fighters are far and away the best pound for pound fighters in the world. They are already cemented in all-time territory and are still building resumes. If we weren't lucky enough to witness the greatness of these guys, Hatton would be considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

These are all just fan opinions and I respect yours as well. We can all agree that Hatton doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Pacman, Floyd, and other great fighters.

I didn't say that Hatton has no KO power. I said he is not a one punch KO guy, like you banked on with your bet. Most of his KOs have come from refs calling it based on volume of punches or opponents quitting. Take a look at the ridiculous number of wins he has were the guy doesn't get off his stool.

The notion that Euro boxers are chumps is misguided American pride. At many points of boxing history I would say you have a point. In today's boxing world Euros are as good if not better than our fighters. Many of our champions have been pounded by Euro fighters as of late. Roy jones has made a career of avoiding Euro fighters. The heavyweight division is dominated by Euro fighters. Just because we aren't as familiar with the names doesn't mean they are inferior.

If it wasn't for Pacman and Pretty Boy Floyd, no one would touch Ricky Hatton. These two fighters are far and away the best pound for pound fighters in the world. They are already cemented in all-time territory and are still building resumes. If we weren't lucky enough to witness the greatness of these guys, Hatton would be considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

These are all just fan opinions and I respect yours as well. We can all agree that Hatton doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Pacman, Floyd, and other great fighters.

Its obvious Floyd and Pac are next after Floyd destroys Marquez. One thing that I found interesting is that Floyd has over a 5 inch reach advantage. For a technician like Floyd that cant be good for Pac. Going to be a great fight once it goes down.