135th Kentucky Derby

Tomorrow the oldest sporting event in the USA continues as a field of 20 enters the "Run for the Roses". Who do all you handicappers like?

The Field:

1. West Side Bernie 30-1

2. Musket Man 20-1

3. Mr. Hot Stuff 30-1

4. Advice 30-1

5. Hold Me Back 15-1

6. Friesan Fire 5-1

7. Papa Clem 20-1

8. Mine That Bird 50-1

9. Join in the Dance 50-1

10. Regal Ransom 30-1

11. Chocolate Candy 20-1

12. General Quarters 20-1

13. I Want Revenge 3-1

14. Atomic Rain 50-1

15. Dunkirk 4-1

16. Pioneerof the Nile 4-1

17. Summer Bird 50-1

18. Nowhere to Hide 50-1

19. Desert Party 15-1

20. Flying Private 50-1

4. Advice 30-1

5. Hold Me Back 15-1

6. Friesan Fire 5-1

12. General Quarters 20-1

15. Dunkirk 4-1

19. Desert Party 15-1

These are the only ones with names cool enough to do the Derby justice, so one them will win. I'll go for the long odds and pick General Quarters. Dunkirk to place and Advice to show.

Love the Derby :devil:

Cool Name ... otherwise just a horse.

A horse that has raced a grand total of 828 seconds of time and has earned $1,234,200.

That is $1,490 per every second he works.

And he has a 24 inch dingdong which he will get to use on 150 different women every year for the rest of his life.

To him...you are just a human! :devil:

I can't believe all the hype that goes into an approx. two minute race. :thumbsup:

To each their own.

Although I do agree that the hype has gotten out of hand. It's ridiculous that NBC has 3 hours of coverage for this race.

Who is the chick who interviews the jockeys on the track. I never get a good look at her, but she seems pretty cute.

Is there ever a chick on TV interviewing anyone that isn't pretty cute?

Nice race by Mine That Bird.

Is there ever a chick on TV interviewing anyone that isn't pretty cute?

Barbara Walters comes to mind.........but you've got a good point..........I still want to know who this one is - she's pretty talented to ride her horse while interviewing

Barbara Walters comes to mind.........but you've got a good point..........I still want to know who this one is - she's pretty talented to ride her horse while interviewing

Donna Barton

Donna Barton Brothers

Watch out...I'll get her husband after you!

She's a really smart and nice girl. Her husband is a trainer and he ships his better horses into our barn in Florida during the summer for big races sometimes. They also bought a horse from us for a client.

Donna Barton

Donna Barton Brothers

Watch out...I'll get her husband after you!

She's a really smart and nice girl. Her husband is a trainer and he ships his better horses into our barn in Florida during the summer for big races sometimes. They also bought a horse from us for a client.

Donna Barton Brothers is the daughter of Patty Barton. Patty Barton was one of the pioneers of female jockeys. When there were very few female jockeys Patty Barton was among that group. She rode at Commodore Downs in Erie Pa in the 1970s. When I was living in Fredonia I would go to Erie for the races. Donna must have spent some time in Erie as a kid.