135th Kentucky Derby

i'm not going to lie... i lost money. but it was a great race.

great story of the underdog coming out on top. I love that some random cowboy with a horse beatdown million dollar horses. awesome.

i bet Sheik Mohammad was pissed that he had millions of dollars invested into his 2 horses and some random guy shows up with an undersized horse and stomps everyone.

Donna Barton

Donna Barton Brothers

Watch out...I'll get her husband after you!

She's a really smart and nice girl. Her husband is a trainer and he ships his better horses into our barn in Florida during the summer for big races sometimes. They also bought a horse from us for a client.

Thanks!

great story of the underdog coming out on top. I love that some random cowboy with a horse beatdown million dollar horses. awesome.

i bet Sheik Mohammad was pissed that he had millions of dollars invested into his 2 horses and some random guy shows up with an undersized horse and stomps everyone.

Poor Sheik Mo doesn't know what to do anymore. First he buys up the best broodmares....then he buys up the best stallions....then he buys the best at auction.....then he buys up anything that looks like it can run with some pedigree between October and April.

I give him credit.....he does love the game. He isn't like some flake sitting on a throne, looking to be entertained. He is knee deep in the whole operation, so to speak.

To have what happened yesterday is why everyone is in the game. Work hard, study hard, and get a little bit of luck.

How can you lose money on a race like that? All you have to do is put a 2 buck bet on everybody in the field!

:unsure::P

ok. i will brag. I had $20 on the 8. I watched the pre-lims and Calvin Burrel won 2 of those, and he won the Oaks the day before, so the dude was on a roll. They interviewed him after winning a prelim, and they asked him about the conditions for the derby. He said it should be ok, since the rail dries first, and that is where he likes to race.. I didn't know crap about any of the horses, so I dropped a twenty on a HOT Jockey to win. It was the ONLY bet i placed on the race. And i will damned if he didnt win.

It was a nice 1000 payday. :unsure:

It was a nice 1000 payday. :wallbash:

I'll have a Guinness.

He said it should be ok, since the rail dries first, and that is where he likes to race.

Noticed that myself during the race -- he had a nice firm track down that stretch run. IIRC, this was Seabiscuit's secret when he beat War Admiral.

Here is my story saturday. My dad is really into the horses & I will meet him at otb once in awhile, but I really do not follow the horses myself, I usually just bet what he bets. He does alright. So on saturday on the way home for my hockey game I said to my wife & the little guy lets stop at the OTB & put down a bet for the derby. When we got there, Ryan(my son told me to put down $2 on his favorite number 8.) So I played an exacta with the 15 & the 10 for me & my wife(Iput down $6for that) & I put the $2 down on the number #8 to win for Ryan. His reasoning. 8 is his favorite number. Sometimes you can not argue with that kind of reasoning.

Had $10 on the 8, Put 10 on each long shot always do. Made a lil over 500. Then put 100 on Hatton to win. I was better off crumpling it up and throwing it on the floor. He looked like they pulled him out of the stands. What a joke!