Bills to run no-huddle next year?

While we have backs that can catch, no one comes near the ability of Thomas. Some of the catches I watched him make were incredible. One handed stabs 40 yards down the field. Laying out for another. He had no equal. We have all heard that ML was a recieving threat in college but I haven't seen anything to get excited about yet. Hopefully he is just saving it for the right time.

I honestly think to run the no huddle Fred jackson will flourish more than ML. I truly believe that he hits the whole faster, could run the counter tray, is better in space and catches the ball better as well. In a nutshell, I think he is a better back than ML. Go ahead, blast away at me but watch some of the games... when he hits the hole he hits it and is gone!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only one question about a return to the no-huddle: will Langston Walker be curled up next to an oxygen tank by the end of the second quarter?

House was bigger than Walker I believe and House did fine in the no huddle. besides who says if we go no huddle that the more svelt Bell won't be the LT?

House was bigger than Walker I believe and House did fine in the no huddle. besides who says if we go no huddle that the more svelt Bell won't be the LT?

Nope. Ballard is listed at 6-6, 328 in the 1992 media guide. Walker's got that beat by the weight of a small child.

He sure looked a lot bigger.

Remember that Hull and Ritcher played in the high 270s. Wolford was listed at 296. Parker and Davis were a little bigger, but neither of them was exactly Bennie Anderson size, either.

Now, the other guys are all 315-pounders -- Fowler was a veritable lightweight at 295 -- and Walker still stands out.

Remember that Hull and Ritcher played in the high 270s. Wolford was listed at 296. Parker and Davis were a little bigger, but neither of them was exactly Bennie Anderson size, either.

Now, the other guys are all 315-pounders -- Fowler was a veritable lightweight at 295 -- and Walker still stands out.

Maybe that's it. Relativity.

Maybe that's it. Relativity.

[insert short joke somewhere in text]

Of course to you, they're all giants.

[/insert short joke somewhere in text]

Of course to you, they're all giants.

****. I believe I might be bigger than Tasker, and yes I've stood next to him.

****. I believe I might be bigger than Tasker, and yes I've stood next to him.

How big was the phone book you were standing on?

Give the 'Patties' a surprise for the opener. I hate the Dolphins, but loved how they screwed Billy in Foxboro with the 'Wildcat out of the bag" game last year. Go no-huddle, wildcat with the kitchen sink at left tackle.

I'm all for the No Huddle. I just hope Edwards is ready for it. Kelly was a master of reading defenses and knowing what to call. Albeit pass happy plays. But he was also aggressive. It's pointless to go No Huddle and then just check down. All you're doing then is using up clock - fast- for non productive series'.

Edwards struggled with reading Ds last year - particularly the 3-4 s in our Div. Hopefully he'll get there. But I also think the ability to run the no-hudd is predicated by attitude. Thus far I haven't seen that attitude from Edwards. He likes to play it safe. Which is fine. But not the ideal mentality for this "wrinkle."

FWIW, Keith McKellar was never a really dominant TE and his stats were quite pedestrian. His two best years were 34 catches for 13.6 yards per catch and 5 TDs in '90, and 44 catches for 9.9 yards per and 3 TDs in 91. Metzelars did nothing those two years. In 92 we didnt have much production out of the two TEs at all. In 93, Metzelars had 68 grabs for 9.4 YPC and 4 TDs. In 94, he was at 49 for 8.7 YPC and 5 Tds. Then he disappeared. In those years, he basically caught a short pass and fell down. Never were either of those guys a real threat. McKellar helped stretch the field a bit and Metzelars was a reliable pass catcher but never was either very dynamic.

I *totally* disagree about McKeller, and if there's ever a case where the stats lie, this is it. He was really dynamic - fast for a TE and very athletic. He had to be accounted for, and he opened things up for other players. Kelly used to go on and on about how central he was to the proper functioning of the offense, and lamented the injuries.

I'm all for the No Huddle. I just hope Edwards is ready for it. Kelly was a master of reading defenses and knowing what to call. Albeit pass happy plays. But he was also aggressive. It's pointless to go No Huddle and then just check down. All you're doing then is using up clock - fast- for non productive series'.

Edwards struggled with reading Ds last year - particularly the 3-4 s in our Div. Hopefully he'll get there. But I also think the ability to run the no-hudd is predicated by attitude. Thus far I haven't seen that attitude from Edwards. He likes to play it safe. Which is fine. But not the ideal mentality for this "wrinkle."

If you recall, The Bills were at or near the top in rushing yards and attempts during the No-Huddle days.

Wouldn't you think this is just a package they'll go to a few times a game, rather than installing it as the full-time offense? A way to change the pace of the game and keep the D off balance.

I'm guessing it will start that way, if it starts at all. Then, if it is successful, they will drop it completely.