When does this team get an OLB ???

I said this in another topic

I know ellison isn't great by any means, and is slightly below average. But he is not as bad as you all think and has not been a top reason why our defense hasn't been very good. He is a bit of a scapegoat, and to be honest, he is a very hardplaying player with good work ethic, which isn't something you can say about everyone.

A L V I N B O W E N

If he's fully recovered from knee surgery.

IIRC, he was looking quite impressive in camp and could have possibly been pushing Ellison out the door until is injury and the Crowell incident. Hence, Ellison was a starting OLB last year. It's possible that the Staff took into account Bowen's rehab progress in not addressing a possible need at OLB in the draft.

:thumbsup:

The Return of the

opinion and speculation numb nutts...check out the board, it's full of it. If you have nothing constructive to say to combat anothers post, keep your spewage to yourself. :thumbsup:

lamo that's funny u can speculate but I have to keep my "spewage" to myself !@#$ off

The answer depends on how much money you have.

Correkt. I my feeling tells me the Front Office thinks they have spend enough in the last months... it would be a big (pleasant) surprise for me if we would sign a LB, DT or OT.....

They will try it with the players we habe right now...

I wonder what Derrick Brooks, Marcus Washington and Leroy Hill are doing right now...

Yeah, we should pick up Brooks, but I thought that they might use Maybin some back

there, with Ellis stepping up front. Maybin, I would think could be all over the field at the

snap, ala Kearse, I thoght that I has seen a posting saying this, or something similiar to this.

BTW are you dancing with the Hun there in your Avatar,

or are you rushing to catch a plane? I was always curious about this, and you don't

have to answer if you don't want to, you could just keep us wondering.

You guys are absurdly optimistic about a fifth round draft pick who literally did nothing his rookie year. I mean, it's one thing to be "high" on D. Bell as potentially getting in the mix with the other 11 linemen we have, a guy that has been a personal project at a position we've developed before. It's another thing altogether to assume a very lowly-touted LB is going to step in and play OLB after not recording a single statistic his rookie season. I just don't see it. Furthermore, everyone on this board rails on Ellison for being so small - well, he outweighs Bowen by six lbs.

Yet another great comeback from Mr. Articulate. :ph34r:

what is up with the same emocon every time jeeze :):lol::lol::huh::w00t::w00t:

whoo boy watch out duder

not too bad of a comeback yourself very origional with the Articulate comment ...classic

neway naybe you haven't figured out I already posted my opinion and you seem too thick to pick up on it and there is nothing else for me to reply to because you have made no good/or valid points as to why he would be playing OLB for us anyway..talk about backing things up make some valid points as to why he should play LB for us and maybe I'll listen to what you have to say..he didn't even really play LB at Penn State his primary position was DE...which proves my point

I am thinking they will pick up a veteran LB. But maybe they play a lot of nickel defense. Also with Maybin having the speed of a linebacker they could line 5 men up on the line and drop one off. Denny, Schobel, or Kelsy have all been dropped into coverage at times last year adding Maybin to the mix the offense will have to figure out who is coming and who is not.

they signed KC's former starting MLB as a Free Agent......it's possible they move Puz to the outside.

They're not going to move Poz on Pat Thomas's account, he isn't highly regarded. But Thomas will be in the mix competing for that OLB spot. My buddy whose a Chiefs fan told me he's a better fit on the outside anyway.

they signed KC's former starting MLB as a Free Agent......it's possible they move Puz to the outside.

I forgot about Pat Thomas, actually.

But, with respect to Ellis, he isn't the disaster many make him out to be. He is a fine depth player, but you really don't want him to have to start game after game. I expect the Bills will sign another LB before the start of the season...at least I sure hope so.

From what I see, Maybin is going to play as a stand up rush OLB...unless I'm way off here.

I have no problem with that...as long as the Bills put their best XI on the field....If Chris Kelsay/Ryan Denney are better than a Keith ellison or Bowen, it makes sense to play Maybin as a speed Outside rusher and send him and Schoebel on the same side.